Everyone seems to think SF will slam dunk Atl?!?

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I haven't seen much support at all for Atlanta. I think SF will probably win, much as I hate that, and likely go on the win the Superbowl (which means insufferable whiner bandwagoners will notch it up about 50x what it is now). We will literally NEVER hear the end of the boasting about their 6 rings.

But I don't think it's gonna be any cake walk, and I think Atlanta has a chance in this; that offense is potent. If they can get to Kaepernick, they can win this, and I pray god they do. I like seeing teams with no rings get one and, "marker my words", I don't think any of us, even those expecting whiner fans to be exponentially worse, is able to imagine how bad it'll be. I think even folks like me, expecting it to be bad will be shocked by the lengths these fools take it. We'll be hearing about it for minimum of 20 years too.

The Battle #83

Reaction score
aside from last game, the falcons were weak at running and stopping the run. I think that's why they we do not speak of get the advantage

The Battle #83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":27gqxgc9 said:
If we called an aggressive offensive game the first two quarters, we'd have "slam-dunked" Atlanta.

...and if we stopped their offense in the 1st half or if we stopped their offense late in the 4th quarter

but we didnt so i give credit to the Falcons

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
i honestly am not so sure about this game.. i feel like ATL will somehow 'unleash the beast' against us.. im worried about julio jones especially!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":1fddgbaw said:
i honestly am not so sure about this game.. i feel like ATL will somehow 'unleash the beast' against us.. im worried about julio jones especially!

My Frisco hate aside, I cannot make heads or tails of this matchup. If pressed, I say SF by 4.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm with each of you, Finest and Scott. Just like the Hawks match-up, I have no feel for this.

SF can steamroll them. Or, Atlanta can be 2005 Seahawks and will roll now that the first W is behind them.

kbreitkreutz

Reaction score
No playoff game is a sure-fire win. I mean to really measure the margin of victory you have to measure ones heart and passion. And who can really do that?

chris98251

Reaction score
Well with that last report on Crabtree will his head be in the game? If not that will hurt S.F. big time. It was our passing that beat the Falcons up due to them commiting to stack the box, I see a simular approach against the 49ers.

kbreitkreutz

Reaction score
chris98251":1mod4y78 said:
Well with that last report on Crabtree will his head be in the game? If not that will hurt S.F. big time. It was our passing that beat the Falcons up due to them commiting to stack the box, I see a simular approach against the 49ers.

Agreed, they will stack the box on the us, thats why I am happy that Kaep is a good pocket passer (hate comments coming in 3..2..1..) I don't know how they plan on stoping the pistol because if they stack the box, either Kaep will give it to LMJ or he will take it out himself. Scary..

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I think if the 49ers come out and punch them in the mouth, the Falcons might panic and start pressing, which is the last thing you can do against the 49ers.

However, you can spread the 49ers out and throw the ball on them, they don't like to get out of their base defense, and you can find mismatches that way. The falcons can throw the ball on anybody, but I don't think they are going to fair too well on defense against that pistol.

There are some real fundamental ways to defend the pistol, but you have to be real stout at the point of attack. I'm not sure the Falcons can hold up against that offensive line.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think Atlanta wins this game. If you look at their home record, they have done pretty well with Ryan at the helm. They got the 0-fer playoffs under Ryan and Smith off their back. The Seahawks didn't run much read option but Atlanta still prepared for it, so they may be able to slow down the 9ers a little.

I don't expect the Falcons to run like they did last week, but Rogers is like Pocket Hercules, he is a little shifty out of the backfield and so the 9ers will have to honor him and Turner with the run. The Falcons will keep it close, they have all year but it will be up to Ryan and the WRs/TEs.

Conventional wisdom favors the 9ers because of the success they have had on the road during the season and how they have dominated in some games, the latest being the Packers blow-out. It will be a tall order but I think the Falcons find a way to pull out the win late.

Seattle seemed like destiny's child late in the season but the Falcons were able to overcome the momentum and used the universal dismissal of their team as weak to their advantage. It will be tougher this week, since the 9ers know the taste of losing a game that would have put them in the Superbowl last year. They will be ready, though Kaep is still a wildcard to me, but so far he has answered the bell a majority of the time.

Tough game. You cannot take anything from either of these teams. Well except for us, since we are a little pissed at missing out on the party. I will be watching, though many say it is not of interest to them. I am taking the Dirty Birds, though them and their fans could give less than a crap. Ha!

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I'm still not sold on Kaep, yeah, he looked great against a terrible gameplan, at home, with two weeks to prepare. He looked pretty rattled in the last high pressure, noisy, road situation he was in up here, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was a little shaky tomorrow.

mretrade

Reaction score
I dont understand why people say Kaep gets rattled on the road. He had one meh road game in which he really waant that bad or the reason for loosing (at Seattle). Most quarterbacks dont play well at the clink. The Niners defense was terrible in that game.

Kaepernick played really well in New Orleans while they were riding a 4 game win streak. He won at New England. How many quarterbacks can say they won at New England late in the year?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
mretrade":3rkeszup said:
I dont understand why people say Kaep gets rattled on the road. He had one meh road game in which he really waant that bad or the reason for loosing (at Seattle). Most quarterbacks dont play well at the clink. The Niners defense was terrible in that game.

Kaepernick played really well in New Orleans while they were riding a 4 game win streak. He won at New England. How many quarterbacks can say they won at New England late in the year?
He wasn't that awe inspiring at the Rams. Two of his worst performances on turf, away. It is a legitimate concern.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I think the Falcons defense is up to the challenges of slowing the Niner run game, and I like the Falcon offense vs the Niners over rated defense.

Add to the fact they are at home, I say the Falcons not only have a chance, I say they win by 2 TDs.

The media is slobbing the Niner knob after last week, just as they did after SF beat the Pats. Falcons beat them down, just as the Hawks did.

That Green Bay defense was the worst I saw all year, next to our game vs the Bills

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2fgn3d0o said:
mretrade":2fgn3d0o said:

He wasn't that awe inspiring at the Rams. Two of his worst performances on turf, away. It is a legitimate concern.

I think the quality of the opponent had much more to do with it than the field or stadium.