Mike Wallace should be a free agent

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Read this article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... witter_atl

I doubt it that Steelers are going to use a franchise tag on Mike Wallace. He is going to cost a lot of money but I would still give his agent a call and not ignore him at all If I am John Schneider just to see where things are.

I don't think there are very many players in the NFL that are faster than Wallace. We need speed on the offense.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He's fast but he drops a ton of balls. He really seemed to regress this year. For what he will cost, I don't know if he is worth it.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1otn6ted said:
He's fast but he drops a ton of balls. He really seemed to regress this year. For what he will cost, I don't know if he is worth it.

But you want to sign players when they are their lowest value. Let Russell work with him for a year and see what people are saying about the singing then

Scottemojo

Reaction score
with the needs at DE, I suspect our biggest purchase will not be a WR.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I'd rather see us build our team through the draft. I think the only reason we got Flynn was insurance. I have a feeling they had their eye on Wilson all along, but they wanted to be sure they had a guy to start and so they got Flynn. Unless some young, high quality player is available, I think we will be very quiet in free agency, but have another solid draft because clearly, John and Pete want to build with young players from the draft, which is a good way to go if you draft well, and those guys seem to. Worked in New England for a long time; we draft like we did last draft, it ought to work for us.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm all about Wallace. All he knows is playing sandlot ball, as realjohncarlson stated his market is woefully low. It's not like the rest of the Pitt offense survived the loss of Arians, they just stunk. Plus, OL, RB, and QB injuries.

Wallace's market may be too much a value NOT to do it at this point.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Wallace seems to have been waiting for a big payday. He has a enormous amount of talent, especially speed to burn. The big question with him is ... does he want to be great or does he want to be paid? Difficult to know.