Armond Armstead - CFL

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Former USC and Toronto Argonauts DT Armond Armstead has workouts scheduled with the Patriots, Colts, and Eagles.
Armstead went to Canada to prove he was healthy after suffering a heart attack and missing the 2011 season with the Trojans. He recorded six sacks in 2012 while helping the Argonauts win the Grey Cup. ESPN's Adam Schefter calls Armstead "the equivalent of a high draft pick." Expect more teams to get in involved in the pursuit of a potential impact defender.

Why would Pete and JS not be ALL OVER THIS GUY? Worth look with the help we need.

lukerguy

Reaction score
He doesn't suck..I can guarantee you that. He'd probably be worth a mid 2nd if we could sign him.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I posted this topic a few days ago , i am all for this guy.

Im sure if Pete wants him he will bring him in this week for a look.

lukerguy

Reaction score
He had 7.5 sacks and 84 tackles if you calculate his stats the way they are calculated in the NFL. He gets pressure from the inside, which is exactly what we need. I can't imagine a better way to start the off season. Any superstars from the CFL who dominate, usually have good track record in the NFL (Flutie, Wake, Browner)

hawksfan515

Reaction score
lukerguy":3ndbbqs9 said:
He had 7.5 sacks and 84 tackles if you calculate his stats the way they are calculated in the NFL. He gets pressure from the inside, which is exactly what we need. I can't imagine a better way to start the off season. Any superstars from the CFL who dominate, usually have good track record in the NFL (Flutie, Wake, Browner)

You know those are only the successes right?

Wasn't Ricky Foley just like them?

canfan

Reaction score
You know those are only the successes right?

Wasn't Ricky Foley just like them?[/quote]

Good point. One big difference with Ricky Foley though was that he never faced top level competition in College and never played organized football until he was about 17 (I think). All of his training took place playing Canadian rules. Training camp for the Seahawks was likely the first time he didn't line up with a 1 yard gap between him and the tackle...he had no clue about how to shed a block, and looked totally lost out there. The O linemen in the CFL tend to be smaller and more athletic as the emphasis is on pass blocking and they have more area to cover with the wider field. Armstead would be worth a look and I could see a possible fit as a 3 technique 3rd down guy (poor man's Jason Jones?), but I would be surprised if he would fare well against the run blocking of the interior linemen in the NFL.