Richard Seymour

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
Surprised no one has mentioned him yet. I know he doesn't fit the mold of all the young players we have, but we need experience somewhere on the field (just not trufant or hill). If we can bring him in on a relatively cheap contract (obviously short term), he would add some much needed help on the d line. We still need to draft d line in the first round, but i'm very confident in this team making it deep into the playoffs next year, and Seymour is a proven player with valuable experience.

Pros:
Consistent pass rusher throughout his career
Can play anywhere on the line
Tons of playoff experience, we need that leadership on defense
Short term deal, probably wont be worth too much, a lot cheaper than melton or starks (would love to get one of them, but i think they will re sign)
He's a gamer, played hard even when he wasn't surrounded by the best talent
Veteran that probably wants another shot at the super bowl, and will play hard for it

Cons:
33 years old
Coming off an injury
Not really sure how he is in the locker room, know he can be a hot head sometimes

Hope this doesn't sound too stupid, tell me what you think.

Oh, and I think Dwayne Bowe is the answer if we want a #1 WR.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Dwayne Bowe maybe. Seymour, Nooooooo. Noo no. We draft well. This will work. We all we got, we all we need.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Is Reggie White still alive? We could use some of that!

chris98251

Reaction score
Everything he is has bit us before, no not now not ever again, better to spend draft chioces and get a long term guy if possible then a vet with his age and history of injuries at this point in his career.

Secondly John has shown he can find guys, a off season with Quinn could improve Irvin. I am done with the old vet stop gap big name guy signings.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
I'd rather take my chances with somebody who's young and hungry.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
He's been known as a "dirty" player through most of his career too. I don't want that kind of guy on our team. Draft a young guy with lots of years in him.

Latest posts