Can we have some damn class

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Can we have some damn class
Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:27 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:
    No trolls on here, just a few massive homers. They get booted if they troll.

    Frankly, I think most of us are tired of how many 49er fans are coming on here. Too much, one guy posted about how he needed a good travel agent because he was going to the Super bowl :| Go post that on 49erwebzone or something..



    because man like i said, your fans this season were EVERYWHERE trolling it up. posting on 49ers message boards, on 49er threads on other boards with nothing but vitriol
    kanodogg
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 24
    Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:31 am


Re: Can we have some damn class
Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:29 pm
  • kanodogg wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:
    No trolls on here, just a few massive homers. They get booted if they troll.

    Frankly, I think most of us are tired of how many 49er fans are coming on here. Too much, one guy posted about how he needed a good travel agent because he was going to the Super bowl :| Go post that on 49erwebzone or something..



    because man like i said, your fans this season were EVERYWHERE trolling it up. posting on 49ers message boards, on 49er threads on other boards with nothing but vitriol


    So you came here to troll us??? :?:
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5211
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Can we have some damn class
Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:32 pm
  • Just wanted to say great season. Really was looking forward to the matchup in the NFC title game (nervously too). I wanted to wait a couple of days, and if this is still too soon, there is no ill will.

    I look forward to epic battles next year. I definitely think this rivalry is on par with Pitt/Balt and the like. Two bruising teams. The NFC West should be very fun for the near future. But as long as we keep AZ down in the toilet.

    And I am a believer in Russell WIlson. I had my doubts about him before the season, but that guy is a baller. Plus he seems like a good guy.
    User avatar
    NorCal
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 252
    Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm


Re: Can we have some damn class
Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:35 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:
    kanodogg wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:
    No trolls on here, just a few massive homers. They get booted if they troll.

    Frankly, I think most of us are tired of how many 49er fans are coming on here. Too much, one guy posted about how he needed a good travel agent because he was going to the Super bowl :| Go post that on 49erwebzone or something..



    because man like i said, your fans this season were EVERYWHERE trolling it up. posting on 49ers message boards, on 49er threads on other boards with nothing but vitriol


    So you came here to troll us??? :?:


    show me one example of me trolling you, i'm conversing in a civil manner.
    kanodogg
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 24
    Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:31 am


Re: Can we have some damn class
Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:42 pm
  • kanodogg wrote:show me one example of me trolling you, i'm conversing in a civil manner.


    I just assumed you were here to troll as there's no other reason for you to be here. Anyways, enjoy your stay. Your time here will be better if you never troll, as you are doing now.
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5211
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Can we have some damn class
Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:57 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:Dom, that didn't escape me. Thanks for the reminder.

    His previous account was given a warning about respecting our members since he was a guest, which he didn't heed. Here was his last post:

    No why in the world would u go stating facts,,, sont u know these hawks fans love to make up shit to fit there hate if our team... to say Harbaugh Did nothing and just walked iun and coached a team is ridiculous... What he did with Alex Smith is almost better than anything Pete has done in the NFL lol


    Just as innocent as he says, right?

    This time I'll be sure to nuke the IP with him.


    Honestly AbsolutNET, that does not seem that volatile a comment...Its his opinion and I get his point. Hawk fans were hating on Harbaugh and he defended what harbs has done with the Niners, not that crazy.
    Image
    User avatar
    Ninerguy
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 375
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:28 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Can we have some damn class
Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:04 pm
  • Alot of the Seahawks fans I see posting on here seem to be 11 years old and very sensitive to anything that may be negative about the Seahawks (Chill out, I'm a fellow Hawks fan myself)

    Some of you need to grow up and learn to take criticism, if this board is welcome to all posters of the Seahawks and other teams, you need to be able to have a civil discussion about football without getting butthurt about it
    User avatar
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 374
    Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


Re: Can we have some damn class
Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:15 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:
    kanodogg wrote:show me one example of me trolling you, i'm conversing in a civil manner.


    I just assumed you were here to troll as there's no other reason for you to be here. Anyways, enjoy your stay. Your time here will be better if you never troll, as you are doing now.



    The problem I get most pissed about is people assuming shit, a competitors fan comes over to ask questions have some dialogue or just thows a slight barb in jest and automatically if it's not agreed with they are trolling.

    This is the bullshit I'm talking about, put your big boys/girls pants on. This is as bad as accusing Redskins fans of being racist just becasue they are fans of that team.

    If your so fricking insecure about either yourself or this team maybe stepping back is a an option. I enjoy talking and the banter with opposing fans and we have had several come in and be regular posters at different times of the season.

    I would hate to lose a perspective that is a bit less biased then our own on issues just becasue they have a different colored uniform on the team they like.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9737
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Can we have some damn class
Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:26 pm
  • The problem with posts like that are not that they offend, it is that they destroy any good conversation by making the thread about smack.

    And smack isn't banned - we have a freaking forum for it.
    Last edited by Snohomie on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *
     
    Posts: 3591
    Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:06 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: Can we have some damn class
Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:50 pm
  • Ninerguy wrote:
    AbsolutNET wrote:Dom, that didn't escape me. Thanks for the reminder.

    His previous account was given a warning about respecting our members since he was a guest, which he didn't heed. Here was his last post:

    No why in the world would u go stating facts,,, sont u know these hawks fans love to make up shit to fit there hate if our team... to say Harbaugh Did nothing and just walked iun and coached a team is ridiculous... What he did with Alex Smith is almost better than anything Pete has done in the NFL lol


    Just as innocent as he says, right?

    This time I'll be sure to nuke the IP with him.


    Honestly AbsolutNET, that does not seem that volatile a comment...Its his opinion and I get his point. Hawk fans were hating on Harbaugh and he defended what harbs has done with the Niners, not that crazy.


    Want to know how much I give a shit about what another 9er fan thinks?
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8687
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


Re: Can we have some damn class
Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:56 pm
  • Grow up, just because you're a Mod here doesn't give you the right to act like a jackass to opposing fans regardless what you may feel

    Represent yourself better than that, we as a fanbase ARE better than that
    User avatar
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 374
    Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


Re: Can we have some damn class
Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:34 am
  • frase32 wrote:I would hope that my fellow 49ers fans would have some class instead and not come here to rub a playoff loss in. As much as I hate the Hawks, it doesn't extend to their fans. This is a Hawks board and the Hawks fans shouldn't have to deal with that kind of B.S. right after a heartbreaking playoff loss.

    I would hope for Kim Kardashian to come to my house in an hour for a night of hot sex, but some things just aren't in the cards.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24157
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Can we have some damn class
Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:02 am
  • Shaz wrote:Grow up, just because you're a Mod here doesn't give you the right to act like a jackass to opposing fans regardless what you may feel

    Represent yourself better than that, we as a fanbase ARE better than that


    Deal with 9er fans as a mod and you'll change your tune. I'm not talking to him as a fan, I'm talking to him as someone who cares about seahawks.net and is tired of niner fans doing their best to bring it down.
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8687
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


Re: Can we have some damn class
Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:25 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    frase32 wrote:I would hope that my fellow 49ers fans would have some class instead and not come here to rub a playoff loss in. As much as I hate the Hawks, it doesn't extend to their fans. This is a Hawks board and the Hawks fans shouldn't have to deal with that kind of B.S. right after a heartbreaking playoff loss.

    I would hope for Kim Kardashian to come to my house in an hour for a night of hot sex, but some things just aren't in the cards.


    Really?

    Thought you were better than that.
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    User avatar
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4080
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:55 am


Re: Can we have some damn class
Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:29 am
  • I tried to foster intelligent conversation, and had people try to troll me out of the building every time, all while calling me the troll. Not a big deal though; this is a Seahawks board. I haven’t even bothered posting recently though because sifting through the irrational arrogance and trash talking just became a waste of time. I’ll probably read your board every now and then, but doubt I’ll be posting any more (I’m sure you’ll all be upset about 1 less 49ers fan posting). Some of you are great posters, but you’d have to see it from an outsider’s perspective to appreciate the dramatic transformation your fanbase has taken in the past few months.

    You guys have become everything you hate about 49ers fans.
    User avatar
    Disp
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 171
    Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:43 pm


Re: Can we have some damn class
Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:53 pm
  • Disp wrote:I tried to foster intelligent conversation, and had people try to troll me out of the building every time, all while calling me the troll. Not a big deal though; this is a Seahawks board. I haven’t even bothered posting recently though because sifting through the irrational arrogance and trash talking just became a waste of time. I’ll probably read your board every now and then, but doubt I’ll be posting any more (I’m sure you’ll all be upset about 1 less 49ers fan posting). Some of you are great posters, but you’d have to see it from an outsider’s perspective to appreciate the dramatic transformation your fanbase has taken in the past few months.

    You guys have become everything you hate about 49ers fans.



    I think that there is some truth to this. Everybody here was a bit beaten down with what was, after all, 4 losing seasons in a row, and I think how bad the final Holmgren season and the terrible Mora season were. We then go from being a losing team to a dominant team in half a season. So everybody gets giddy talking about how many rings RW will win before he retires.

    Newsflash - we haven't won ANYTHING yet. Next season I want to see a bit less of the emotional yo- yos from this season. It is wearing. Beat the non-playoff bears? We're the best team in the NFL. Lose 2 TDs in a half to the 1 seed Falcons? We have a below average defense which doesn't deserve to have given up the least number of points in the league this year. Next year, let's act like we belong. Bottom line I want to see us win it all just once. Plenty of good teams don't.
    Machine-wrapped, with butter?

    Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER
    User avatar
    cdallan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 788
    Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:08 am
    Location: Scotland




It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online