Report: Rob Ryan is Rams new DC (RUMOR)

drdiags

Reaction score
No link to the story yet but saw this tweet

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
Source: Rob Ryan has been hired by the Rams as their new defensive coordinator

I think that is a good fit for the Rams and definitely helps Ryan rebound from the Dallas firing. Welcome to the NFCW Ryan. Guess we will get more sideline shots of you.

EDIT: Now it is being reported by Rams press coverage that this hire hasn't occurred.

pehawk

Reaction score
I don't know why anyone's laughing. The Rams just got tougher.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":mcadskvt said:
I don't know why anyone's laughing. The Rams just got tougher.

I'd much rather have Jeff Fisher calling my defense and being the tough nose'd influence on my defense then any of the Ryan brothers. Anything that takes influence away from Fisher and on to Ryan weakens them, imo.

pehawk

Reaction score
Ryan's NEVER DC'd under a good coach or in a good circumstance. Also, you do realize Fisher might as well be the 3rd Ryan, right?

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
The Wolfman is working with a pretty good Defense with the Rams.

Should be fun, I am not worried about the Hawks, but the Niners are looking at third place for a while.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":3po1lrpg said:
Ryan's NEVER DC'd under a good coach or in a good circumstance. Also, you do realize Fisher might as well be the 3rd Ryan, right?

Maybe in style of D. But not in all the other crap the Ryan brother's bring. If you already have somebody who will coach just like a Ryan, why bring in an actual Ryan with all the clownish, distractive crap that goes wtih it?

I swear, ALL Ryan's are douchebag's.

pehawk

Reaction score
Fisher learned and is a Buddy disciple, like Rob and Rex. Fisher got his start with Buddy.

We'll see, but IMO, Rob's NEVER gotten a chance to coach in good situation. And, ya know, Rob really doesn't bother me. Come to think of it, neither does Rex. I'd take either as DC. HC? Not so much.

Agreed HawkStrap. 49ers are going to be 3rd, for awhile. Especially after that closet case Kap chokes (my GF pointed out Kap's most certainly batting for the other team).

chris98251

Reaction score
Didn't we just kick the Cowboys butt with him as a DC, not worried much.

Shaz

Reaction score
Rob Ryan's a damn good coach and anyone that thinks this is a joke of a hire is seriously underestimating the seriousness of this

Rams got a whole lot tougher

pehawk

Reaction score
Shaz":2za7y27m said:
Rob Ryan's a damn good coach and anyone that thinks this is a joke of a hire is seriously underestimating the seriousness of this

Rams got a whole lot tougher

Saying Rob Ryan sucks is the same as saying Russell Wilson sucks because he's never thrown for 300 yards. It's not that black and white. It's not like he's EVER coached anywhere where the team was well ran or committed to winning.

Pressure using only 4 and 2 physical corners? Not sure any Ryan's had that since '85.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
pehawk":3qfxgop0 said:
Ryan's NEVER DC'd under a good coach or in a good circumstance.

We heard that all the time for both Jim Mora and Greg Knapp, and they turned out to be trash.

pehawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":pz808vyg said:
pehawk":pz808vyg said:
Ryan's NEVER DC'd under a good coach or in a good circumstance.

We heard that all the time for both Jim Mora and Greg Knapp, and they turned out to be trash.

From whom? Idiots? I've actually never heard that about either.

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
I should know better. Now we have opposite reporting. I guess you cannot call tweets reportiing? Dang.

Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1
According to team sources, Rams have NOT hired Rob Ryan. They are interested, maybe even intrigued is a better word. But they are very. . .

Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1
. . . .early in the process of hiring a defensive coordinator. Jeff FIsher likes to take his time on such hires.

pehawk

Reaction score
To pile on Doc's post....

People on twitter told Montana05 that Mora and Knapp have never been given a chance to succeed, too, apparently...?

Not sure who in their right mind would question whether Knapp and Mora we're given a fair chance. For real Montana, what type of morons you talking football with?

Throwdown

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2wwgdvl7 said:
I swear, ALL Ryan's are douchebag's.

I hope I'm not the only one who caught this as j was back and forth with pe, cuz I found it funny.

pehawk

Reaction score
I caught it and found it funny. But, ill never admit Jseahawks made me laugh.