Colin Kapernick

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Colin Kapernick
Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:25 am
  • Was used by Harbaugh to sell out Alex Smith and become a poor man's Russell Wilson based on the success Wilson was/is having?
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 370
    Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am
    Location: Buckeystown, MD


Re: Colin Kapernick
Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:30 am
  • Kaepernick is more like a poor mans RGIII than Wilson, and I don't think he wanted him based on the success others are having. He was too raw to start last year and it's impossible to drop a player with a 100+ QB rating for an unproven starter. As soon as Smith was out long enough for Kaepernick to prove he was good enough to start then there was no reason to go back to Smith.

    I'm sure he'll catch on somewhere, Andy Reid in KC? He could probably get more out of him than Harbaugh, which is saying something. Then the Chiefs can go with Lotulei since it's really just a QB that's holding them back.
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2429
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: Colin Kapernick
Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:06 am
  • Last year I was calling him poor man Cam Newton
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:I <3 Box
    User avatar
    BoX916
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 691
    Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:10 am
    Location: Sacramento, CA


Re: Colin Kapernick
Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:09 am
  • Lulz @ being a poor's man's RG3 or Wislon.. when Kaep was Drafted before them and had a much better college career than either of them... Remember Kaep played for the Coach who created the Pistol... if anything these other QB's are jocking him
    Mr9erComeNPeace
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 14
    Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:29 am


Re: Colin Kapernick
Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:49 pm
  • Captain Panic, not a poster child for poise under pressure, he's gonna break like a twig on one of his runs that doesn't get him to the SL's
    GoHawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 487
    Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:49 pm


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:16 am
  • GoHawks wrote:Captain Panic, not a poster child for poise under pressure, he's gonna break like a twig on one of his runs that doesn't get him to the SL's


    Come on, give credit where its due. This kid just trounced the Packers and outplayed Aaron Rodgers in a playoff game, and hes started all of 8 NFL games?

    He didnt play that well up in SEA, but our crowd is on another level. Every other big pressure situation hes been in so far has been a success. He killed it against the Bears on MNF in his first ever start, he went on the road to NO the next week and killed them, he beat Tom Brady in the elements of Foxborough, and now his first ever playoff start began with a pick 6, and he rallied back to have an all-time great game. How can you call him Captain Panic...

    And nobody with his size is ever in danger of breaking like a twig..

    He looks every bit as promising as Russell. I dont get why so many hawks fans wont admit it.
    Seahawks99
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 5
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:45 pm


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:39 am
  • Seahawks99 wrote:
    GoHawks wrote:Captain Panic, not a poster child for poise under pressure, he's gonna break like a twig on one of his runs that doesn't get him to the SL's


    Come on, give credit where its due. This kid just trounced the Packers and outplayed Aaron Rodgers in a playoff game, and hes started all of 8 NFL games?

    He didnt play that well up in SEA, but our crowd is on another level. Every other big pressure situation hes been in so far has been a success. He killed it against the Bears on MNF in his first ever start, he went on the road to NO the next week and killed them, he beat Tom Brady in the elements of Foxborough, and now his first ever playoff start began with a pick 6, and he rallied back to have an all-time great game. How can you call him Captain Panic...

    And nobody with his size is ever in danger of breaking like a twig..

    He looks every bit as promising as Russell. I dont get why so many hawks fans wont admit it.




    Hey niner troll. You should really work on not being such a big bay area and sacremento homer if you are going to try and fool Seahawks fans with a bs message board handle.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2216
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:44 am
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    Seahawks99 wrote:
    GoHawks wrote:Captain Panic, not a poster child for poise under pressure, he's gonna break like a twig on one of his runs that doesn't get him to the SL's


    Come on, give credit where its due. This kid just trounced the Packers and outplayed Aaron Rodgers in a playoff game, and hes started all of 8 NFL games?

    He didnt play that well up in SEA, but our crowd is on another level. Every other big pressure situation hes been in so far has been a success. He killed it against the Bears on MNF in his first ever start, he went on the road to NO the next week and killed them, he beat Tom Brady in the elements of Foxborough, and now his first ever playoff start began with a pick 6, and he rallied back to have an all-time great game. How can you call him Captain Panic...

    And nobody with his size is ever in danger of breaking like a twig..

    He looks every bit as promising as Russell. I dont get why so many hawks fans wont admit it.




    Hey niner troll. You should really work on not being such a big bay area and sacremento homer if you are going to try and fool Seahawks fans with a bs message board handle.



    so now Rivals cant give credit where it is due... i do it all the time with Wilson lol... i guess since he playing good u guys hate and when he plays bad there are 5 or 6 threads about it lol
    Mr9erComeNPeace
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 14
    Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:29 am


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:53 am
  • Kaepernick has done really well with a limited game plan and a lot of room to run. I don't expect him to have as sensational a year next season, though, if he doesn't develop his quarterbacking skills more. Teams will figure out how to stop him (mostly based on the Seattle tape.)
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15026
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:14 am
  • Mr9erComeNPeace wrote:so now Rivals cant give credit where it is due... i do it all the time with Wilson lol... i guess since he playing good u guys hate and when he plays bad there are 5 or 6 threads about it lol


    No, what we have here is yet ANOTHER 49er fan pretending to be a Hawks fan and trolling our board. These guys don't realize we know where the post originates from. and now I am going to ban yet another 49er troll.
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8718
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:19 am
  • Who gives a shit? He's a niner, and Seattle laid it on him. Sweet, he beat a GB team with a horrible D. Go preach about that turd elsewhere.


    NO CARE EVER.
    Image

    Go Hawks.
    User avatar
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2111
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:35 pm
  • 42-13

    Kaepernick has done decently so far. I like the poor man's Cam Newton comparison. Big, strong, fast, and dangerous. Primarily a one read QB right now, his athleticism will expose a defenses lack of it.

    Beating Kaep starts with stopping the interior run. If you don't, it's around the corner for big gains when your D tries to crash the middle. He is primarily a half the field guy, he will try to look off a safety even when there is no deep route to the look off side. Like any QB, he hates middle pressure. He can make the deep-middle-short read to the one side.

    Niner fans like to tout his supposed 37 wonderlic, but he doesn't come across as all that sharp. He is a petulant loser, much like his coach, and hopefully as he matures stops acting like every trip to the end zone is his first. I personally think his development will plateau and I don't think he is the kind of QB who elevates his receivers.

    If you want a more clear view of his limitations, watch our game, or both Rams games.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11022
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:56 pm
  • Goofiest looking dude on the planet and a fundamental Christian.

    Kick his ass please.
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23516
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:06 pm
  • Wanting to kick someones ass over religious views and appearance? Really?
    mretrade
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 498
    Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:54 pm


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:50 pm
  • SouthSoundHawk wrote:Who gives a shit? He's a niner, and Seattle laid it on him. Sweet, he beat a GB team with a horrible D. Go preach about that turd elsewhere.


    NO CARE EVER.


    Your team needed a play that we will problably never see in 100 years to beat this same GB team, with the horrible defense. LOL
    7Squared
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 2
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:41 pm


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:57 pm
  • I thought he would be awful because his release was slow as molasses in the preseason game i saw last year (i get 49ers game where i used to live)

    Will beat him down again next year nevertheless
    Image
    sig by Ramster
    User avatar
    The Battle #83
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 235
    Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:42 pm
    Location: Rival Country


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:08 pm
  • I ain't mad
    Attachments
    image.jpg
    image.jpg (112.09 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
    Rude144
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 13
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:59 pm


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:13 pm
  • Mr9erComeNPeace wrote:Lulz @ being a poor's man's RG3 or Wislon.. when Kaep was Drafted before them and had a much better college career than either of them... Remember Kaep played for the Coach who created the Pistol... if anything these other QB's are jocking him


    Troll. First of all, RG3 was drafted before Kaepernick. Second of all, Wilson and RG3 had a better college career than Kaep... especially because they actually played D-2.

    BoX916 wrote:Last year I was calling him poor man Cam Newton


    I actually would agree he is pretty much Cam Newton. Maybe Cam Newton's a little better of a passer.... But I like Kaepernick better as a runner (even though he'll get injured more than Cam ever will).

    mretrade wrote:Wanting to kick someones ass over religious views and appearance? Really?


    No one said that......

    EDIT: OK, Largent80 said that, and I didn't like it, but I'm sure he was kidding. Don't use one post to taint the whole board dude.
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5228
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:28 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:I actually would agree he is pretty much Cam Newton. Maybe Cam Newton's a little better of a passer.... But I like Kaepernick better as a runner (even though he'll get injured more than Cam ever will).


    This. Kaep won last long, he's to "lanky". He better hope he wins the superbowl this year because he might not get another shot. His career wont last long if he doesn't stop running so much.
    Image
    sig by Ramster
    User avatar
    The Battle #83
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 235
    Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:42 pm
    Location: Rival Country


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:04 pm
  • Kaepernick kissed his own bicep to celebrate a touchdown. prolly has fuzzy dice in his Camaro too. It just doesn't get douchier.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11022
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:35 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:Kaepernick kissed his own bicep to celebrate a touchdown. prolly has fuzzy dice in his Camaro too. It just doesn't get douchier.


    Fits right in with harbagh. Both wont be with the 49ers in the next 5 years. Harbagh inherited a talented team. once that talent he inherited gets old he will be on the hot seat mark my words.
    Image
    sig by Ramster
    User avatar
    The Battle #83
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 235
    Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:42 pm
    Location: Rival Country


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:55 pm
  • The Battle #83 wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Kaepernick kissed his own bicep to celebrate a touchdown. prolly has fuzzy dice in his Camaro too. It just doesn't get douchier.


    Fits right in with harbagh. Both wont be with the 49ers in the next 5 years. Harbagh inherited a talented team. once that talent he inherited gets old he will be on the hot seat mark my words.


    Is this prediction going to be as epic as your "We're coming after you whiners and after Krappernick" thread?
    User avatar
    seahawksflow
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 169
    Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:14 pm


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:57 pm
  • CK is pretty damn talented and he makes the Niners that much more dynamic

    With a little bit more refining he's going to be a damn good QB for quite a while

    I don't see how anyone could say otherwise
    User avatar
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 374
    Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:59 pm
  • Image
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18540
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:10 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Image


    :lol:
    Image
    sig by Ramster
    User avatar
    The Battle #83
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 235
    Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:42 pm
    Location: Rival Country


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:30 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:
    Mr9erComeNPeace wrote:Lulz @ being a poor's man's RG3 or Wislon.. when Kaep was Drafted before them and had a much better college career than either of them... Remember Kaep played for the Coach who created the Pistol... if anything these other QB's are jocking him


    Troll. First of all, RG3 was drafted before Kaepernick. Second of all, Wilson and RG3 had a better college career than Kaep... especially because they actually played D-2.


    RG3 is a rookie. Kaep is in his 2nd year. Unless you're talking about what round he was drafted in..
    User avatar
    FriscosFinest
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 202
    Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 10:46 pm


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:32 pm
  • FriscosFinest wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:
    Mr9erComeNPeace wrote:Lulz @ being a poor's man's RG3 or Wislon.. when Kaep was Drafted before them and had a much better college career than either of them... Remember Kaep played for the Coach who created the Pistol... if anything these other QB's are jocking him


    Troll. First of all, RG3 was drafted before Kaepernick. Second of all, Wilson and RG3 had a better college career than Kaep... especially because they actually played D-2.


    RG3 is a rookie. Kaep is in his 2nd year. Unless you're talking about what round he was drafted in..


    Oh, I misunderstood. Nice catch Frisco.

    I still think Wilson and RG3 had better college careers, even though it doesn't matter in their NFL career, IMO.
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5228
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Colin Kapernick
Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:41 pm
  • If you guys want to talk, great, but if you're going to start shit talking each other I'll just lock the thread and start handing out vacations. don't let this place become a pain in the ass again, please.
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8718
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


Re: Colin Kapernick
Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:51 pm
  • I don't think Kaep is a poor mans anything.. He has all the talent in the world to succeed at this level , however he is missing these key ingredients in my opinion...

    1. Class
    2.. maturity
    3. dignity
    4. leadership by example

    you could add more but you get my point.. all the great ones have these qualities....
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3987
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Colin Kapernick
Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:06 pm
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    Seahawks99 wrote:
    GoHawks wrote:Captain Panic, not a poster child for poise under pressure, he's gonna break like a twig on one of his runs that doesn't get him to the SL's


    Come on, give credit where its due. This kid just trounced the Packers and outplayed Aaron Rodgers in a playoff game, and hes started all of 8 NFL games?

    He didnt play that well up in SEA, but our crowd is on another level. Every other big pressure situation hes been in so far has been a success. He killed it against the Bears on MNF in his first ever start, he went on the road to NO the next week and killed them, he beat Tom Brady in the elements of Foxborough, and now his first ever playoff start began with a pick 6, and he rallied back to have an all-time great game. How can you call him Captain Panic...

    And nobody with his size is ever in danger of breaking like a twig..

    He looks every bit as promising as Russell. I dont get why so many hawks fans wont admit it.




    Hey niner troll. You should really work on not being such a big bay area and sacremento homer if you are going to try and fool Seahawks fans with a bs message board handle.


    beleive it or not, not every one of your fans is a total **.
    Last edited by AbsolutNET on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Please watch the language outside the shack
    kanodogg
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 24
    Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:31 am


Re: Colin Kapernick
Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:08 pm
  • kanodogg wrote:beleive it or not, not every one of your fans is a total **.



    Everyone of your fans is.
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5228
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington




It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:03 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online