Cards have a new GM

kidhawk

Reaction score
TriCHawk":1i5ie251 said:
Wasn't he already with the Cards in a lesser role?

Yes, he was VP of player Personnel. I heard he's been with the organization for 14 years. To me, this says one of two things...either they had some internal disagreements which led to the firing of the GM, but feel that most of the FO is on the right track, or they just made the move to appease the fans. I really don't see where this change will affect the Cardinals in much of a way either good or bad, but perhaps this guy will have a better (or at least different) view on younger talent. They'll definitely need to bring in more young talent with situation their cap is in.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Supposedly, he was considered for our GM spot in 2010.

He might be good, but of more importance to Bidwill, he is cheap.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Don't know anything about the guy, but I think it's safe to say...if he's not some kind of magician...

This team is kind of screwed.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, it would appear they don't have a legit QB. Nor do they have a coach yet. They way the NFCW has been of late, I would expect them to be at the bottom for a while.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Scottemojo":h6sa69q2 said:
Supposedly, he was considered for our GM spot in 2010.

He might be good, but of more importance to Bidwill, he is cheap.

He was on many o rumor list but I don't know if he ever actually interviewed.

A job with that franchise in any capacity has to be the least appealing of any in foitball right now.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
They will stay in house and have Ray Horton be the HC IMO. More money saved.

chris98251

Reaction score
The don't need a rebuild just a retooling was one of his first comments.

Also two things he will never forget, the playoff run and getting embarrassed by the Seattle Seahawks, he also said it will never happen again. Hmm sounds like a challange doesn't it.

Bidwell went safe, in house yes man, has his stadium now so he can go back to being on the cheap, I would be surprised if this guy has any say in the coach that is brought in really also. The may lose Horton by dragging their feet as well and then it will be a total rebuild of the staff, which means a total rebuild of the roster to fit schemes that will be changed.

kearly

Reaction score
Yup, Keim was reportedly one of 4 "finalists" for Seattle's job in 2010.

According to the report, Ravens personnel director Eric DeCosta and Packers director of football operations John Schneider were two of the final four candidates who have been contacted.

La Confora also goes on to mention that Arizona Cardinals director of player personnel Steve Keim and Philadelphia GM Tom Heckert are the two other finalists. However, La Confora says he has not determined if Keim has been contacted. But he does report that to his knowledge Heckert has not been contacted for the Seahawks position.

I put "finalists" in air quotes because DeCosta dropped out shortly after, and Floyd Reese (former Oilers/Titans GM) entered the fray after Heckert, Keim, and DeCosta had been eliminated.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":15f9bvut said:
They will stay in house and have Ray Horton be the HC IMO. More money saved.

At least his stadium has a decent surface to play on.

Latest posts