Dan Snyder ruined his Franchise QB

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Dan Snyder ruined his Franchise QB
Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:46 pm
  • Watching the replay of Griffin's knee buckling makes me sick. Good job you moron, your stupid, cheap ass decision to let your field turn into a quagmire probably ruined your best player. Good job by you, fool!
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

Re: Dan Snyder ruined his Franchise QB
Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:47 pm
  • It's more on Shanahan for not pulling him than it is on Snyder.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:48 pm
  • Put the blame where it belongs,,,,squarely on Rat Boys shoulders. He has a history of running players out there till they drop shortening their careers in the meantime..

One common frame here all week was the Skin fans crying for field turf cause their place is used more than ours and they hate it.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:49 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:It's more on Shanahan for not pulling him than it is on Snyder.

This. Though I feel the only chance we had to win was with RGIII...it was obvious in the second quarter he needed to come out.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• If the field wasnt screwed up to begin with then no one would of had to deal with any of these horrible injuries. Things like this dont start with the Coach, he has no say so on what conditions the field is in.
    HawksFan83
    NET Practice Squad

• Reaneypark wrote:Watching the replay of Griffin's knee buckling makes me sick. Good job you moron, your stupid, cheap ass decision to let your field turn into a quagmire probably ruined your best player. Good job by you, fool!

Put some of the blame on RGIII for wanting to stay in the game. Blame doesn't fall to one person.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:50 pm
  • LOL at blaming Snyder. C'mon guys.

Good game Seahawks, you outplayed the Redskins. Plain and simple.
    drastik
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:52 pm
  • Fox0r wrote:
    Reaneypark wrote:Watching the replay of Griffin's knee buckling makes me sick. Good job you moron, your stupid, cheap ass decision to let your field turn into a quagmire probably ruined your best player. Good job by you, fool!

Put some of the blame on RGIII for wanting to stay in the game. Blame doesn't fall to one person.

True. But Shanahan is 40 years older than RGIII. Would you expect Wilson to back down and take himself out if under the same circumstances?
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:54 pm
  • Fox0r wrote:
    Reaneypark wrote:Watching the replay of Griffin's knee buckling makes me sick. Good job you moron, your stupid, cheap ass decision to let your field turn into a quagmire probably ruined your best player. Good job by you, fool!

As a coach though sometimes you have to take the player out even if he tells you he's fine. I remember a few years ago Gore tried to go back in with his bad hip and Singletary wouldn't let him.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:58 pm
  • drastik wrote:LOL at blaming Snyder. C'mon guys.

Good game Seahawks, you outplayed the Redskins. Plain and simple.

So what do you think about it? Seriously?
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:59 pm
  • That picture is witty I guess, but pretty classless.
    80% of Planet Earth is covered by water.....The rest is covered by EARL THOMAS!
    SundayNiteBlackout
    National Guard 09-Present

Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:07 pm
  • I blame Snyder for a lot. That field contributed to RGIII's injury as well as Clemons. It's bullshit, and I said so when watching that Skins vs. Cowboys game. That's one of the the shittiest fields I've ever seen in the NFL. Pittsburgh has had some bad ones, but I don't think it was as bad as this.
    SirTed
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:16 pm
  • Check out this article on the reaction on Twitter to RGIII's injury. Take note of the appearance at the end from our pal Doug Farrar.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... ter-reacts
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:46 pm
  • There was a point in the game when the injury to RG3 is soley on the coach for keeping him in. Every player wants to play, and even 100% healthy any play can cause a career ending injury... but there was a point when keeping RG3 in was simply dangling his career on a string like a young man's life doesn't matter. And then with all the lies coming out about how Griffen's health was actually monitored, I am just stunned by the whole thing. Clearly trading 3 first round picks away and everything that went with what I saw today... there are people that care far too much about the wrong things.
    madbohem
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:56 pm
  • Not surprised by Bayless' thoughts...surprises Doug Farrar went in on that ass though.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:05 am
  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:
    Fox0r wrote:

True. But Shanahan is 40 years older than RGIII. Would you expect Wilson to back down and take himself out if under the same circumstances?

Yes, actually. I mean, like any player he's going to underestimate the damage any injury has done to him, but I think if he's limping back into the huddle for every snap he would tell the coach that he wasn't capable of continuing at the standard expected of him.

Certainly I think Carroll would have pulled him a lot earlier, but we have a very capable backup in Flynn who is (arguably) the strongest backup in the league
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:14 am
  • Saw a comment blaming Dr. James Andrews for putting doubt in Griffin's mind. I like to listen to other people's opinions but hard to understand how some people 'think'.
    H4WKSF4N
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:04 am
  • Here's another perspective.

Snyder has buddyed up to RGIII much the way he did with Portis. He and his wife had Thanksgiving dinner in Dallas with RGIII and his fiancee the day after the win while RGIII was waiting to cheer on Baylor that Saturday. I think this is kind of weird and it clearly shows favoritism by Snyder towards his "star player". I don't like it at all...Snyder should be AWAY from the team except to sign the paychecks, celebrating the holiday with his family or people his own age, and certainly not appearing to play favorites like he is.

While RGIII isn't a whiner like Portis, Shanahan sees that Snyder has taken him "under his wing" so to speak. He knows what happened to Zorn after Portis began complaining to Snyder about how things were being run.

This makes me wonder...I'm sure Shanahan could have pulled RGIII out for Cousins, and all would be forgiven IF we win the game and advance. But if we don't, you have RGIII saying that he felt like he could have played to the media, that he wants to play. You have a seething Snyder blaming Shanahan for taking out his star QB when he wanted to play as well.

Have to wonder if this was part of Shanahan's reluctance to do anything until it was too late.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:08 am
  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:Here's another perspective.

Snyder has buddyed up to RGIII much the way he did with Portis. He and his wife had Thanksgiving dinner in Dallas with RGIII and his fiancee the day after the win while RGIII was waiting to cheer on Baylor that Saturday. I think this is kind of weird and it clearly shows favoritism by Snyder towards his "star player". I don't like it at all...Snyder should be AWAY from the team except to sign the paychecks, celebrating the holiday with his family or people his own age, and certainly not appearing to play favorites like he is.

While RGIII isn't a whiner like Portis, Shanahan sees that Snyder has taken him "under his wing" so to speak. He knows what happened to Zorn after Portis began complaining to Snyder about how things were being run.

This makes me wonder...I'm sure Shanahan could have pulled RGIII out for Cousins, and all would be forgiven IF we win the game and advance. But if we don't, you have RGIII saying that he felt like he could have played to the media, that he wants to play. You have a seething Snyder blaming Shanahan for taking out his star QB when he wanted to play as well.

Have to wonder if this was part of Shanahan's reluctance to do anything until it was too late.

You're suggesting Shanahan ultimately wants out of the organization if he's willing to do that.

Which pleases me greatly.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:22 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:You're suggesting Shanahan ultimately wants out of the organization if he's willing to do that.

It looks to me like exactly the opposite. Shanahan gambled that Snyder's favorite son could pull off the heroic win, probably at least in part because that's exactly what Snyder wanted. No way you go against the boss's wishes in a gamble. If you win, hey, you got lucky and you don't know if you would have won otherwise anyway. And if you lose, you made absolutely the wrong decision, and the fact that you might have lost worse isn't even considered.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:29 am
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:You're suggesting Shanahan ultimately wants out of the organization if he's willing to do that.

It looks to me like exactly the opposite. Shanahan gambled that Snyder's favorite son could pull off the heroic win, probably at least in part because that's exactly what Snyder wanted. No way you go against the boss's wishes in a gamble. If you win, hey, you got lucky and you don't know if you would have won otherwise anyway. And if you lose, you made absolutely the wrong decision, and the fact that you might have lost worse isn't even considered.

Re-reading it, I think you're right. I misread a couple of things, and I figured Shanahan wasn't the type of coach to let Snyder push him around. Your intepretation makes a lot more sense.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:05 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:You're suggesting Shanahan ultimately wants out of the organization if he's willing to do that.

This is what I meant. Before the Seattle game, there were sources saying our front office was mulling giving Shanahan an extension on his contract beyond the 5 years (of which he's finishing year 3).

I don't think he lets Snyder walk over him, but taking out RGIII with RGIII protesting, then say we lose the game as well...I think maybe Snyder would have blamed him.

As it stands with RGIII hurt, I doubt he gets extended anytime soon anyways. So in hindsight, we should have put Collins in much earlier.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:27 pm
  • H4WKSF4N wrote:Saw a comment blaming Dr. James Andrews for putting doubt in Griffin's mind. I like to listen to other people's opinions but hard to understand how some people 'think'.

The doctor guy was covering his own ass by releasing a public statement and getting it on the record. He knew RG3 shouldn't be out there. Of course the player is always gonna want to play. Shannahan should be fired.
    DAMAGE FROM THE HARVIN DEBACLE RUNS DEEP FOR SEAHAWKS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/10/22/ ... -seahawks/
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:52 pm
  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:

This is what I meant. Before the Seattle game, there were sources saying our front office was mulling giving Shanahan an extension on his contract beyond the 5 years (of which he's finishing year 3).

I don't think he lets Snyder walk over him, but taking out RGIII with RGIII protesting, then say we lose the game as well...I think maybe Snyder would have blamed him.

As it stands with RGIII hurt, I doubt he gets extended anytime soon anyways. So in hindsight, we should have put Collins in much earlier.

You don't think Snyder will use him as a scapegoat if RGIII can't go next season because of this? I think he will. I don't think he'll fire Shanny immediately, but let's say after 8 games, the 'Skins are like 2-6 in 2013. I think Snyder axes Shanahan and blames him for RGIII's injury.

I really do feel bad for you having a dickhead owner like that. Sells the farm for a top level QB, then wont do anything about the field to maximize his running potential. Now you're looking at the prospect of your #2 overall pick sidelined for a year or possibly more, and relying on the hope that Cousin's is actually good enough to lead the team. Shocking.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:06 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information