Flynn or Sanchez as backup

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Flynn or Sanchez as backup
Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:14 am
  • I think the bigger cap question might be do we bring back Rice as our big money wr or look at some free agents who might produce more for the $$. Rice has played pretty well and stayed healthy for the most part.
    edogg23
    NET Starter

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:19 am
  • Theoretically only: IF Mark were willing to dump his current contract to come to Seattle, and IF Pete and John agreed to that, would you be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the decision?
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:21 am
  • Hawks46 wrote:
    It's not all about getting an elite guy to go out there and crush the secondary (although that's nice). It's about scheme; our run game predicates how open our guys get downfield. Personally, I'd like a taller, bigger guy like BMW was that can run underneath and intermediate stuff and dominate one on one matchups. It would also be nice if our TEs continue to progress and get better (read: more consistent). You can only send so many guys deep. Say we sign Wallace; do we just run Rice on the other side and run them both deep ? Rice becomes an intermediate/underneath guy ?

The more talent and speed you have at the WR position, the better. It not only gives the QB more options, but it forces the defense to not cheat and double cover Rice because they know we don't have a burner that can get behind the defense.

Tate's sneaky quick, but he's not a burner like Wallace that can stretch the defense on a regular basis.

It's a fun conversation to have, and I don't think anyone's saying to break the bank for a guy like Wallace. Probably a moot point, I'm sure there will be a stupid team like the Jets or Raiders that'll pay him $10,000,000 a year.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:22 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:If Sanchez was willing to take the league minimum, I STILL wouldn't take him as our backup. I would take T-Jack back over Sanchez for twice the price.

hahaha, never thought I would say that but yes I agree !
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:27 am
  • I'd rather have pehawk at backup QB than Mark Sanchez

If they are able to trade Flynn, there will be some vet backups out there they can get for cheap
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:30 am
  • What if the Jets offered us a 2nd rounder and Sanchez for Flynn?

I'm not a Sanchez fan at this point - but what if we could take a gamble (that we wont need a starting caliber backup) to land a pretty solid (assuming the Jets will be mediocre with Flynn) 2nd rounder. The Sanchez contract is bad, but it's not too much worse dollar wise than Flynn, correct?

I'm not advocating for this, but what if?
    SirTed
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:25 pm
  • I'll stick with Matt. Even though Wilson emerged as the starter, Flynn still has talent.
    Flynn is an unknown, Sanchez has been proven to be terrible.
    BeastMode247
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:23 pm
  • I wouldn't want Sanchez, but he's probably someone that PC would like, if not only for a project.
    Bobblehead
    NET Starter

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information