Flynn or Sanchez as backup

Renohawk

Reaction score
Would any of you opt to have Mark Sanchez as the backup to Wilson? Sanchez needs to get out of NY, Flynn needs to get out of Seattle (don't think he wants to sit on bench his entire contract) and maybe hooking Sanchez back with Carroll would do him some good.

ensett

Reaction score
No reason Flynn needs to get out of Seattle. No reason to bring in a backup that cant play football.

Cartire

Reaction score
Marks Contract is worse then Flynns right now.

Plus do we really want to be that team that has Sanchez in the back. What if he ever had to start..?

Also, i think Flynn is fine where he is. Hes making good money, no risk of injury. He plays on the best team in the NFL, which means if his number is called one day, he'll be ready and happy to step up.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Are you serious? Have you seen Sanchez's contract? You're practically giving up our entire secondary for a backup.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
As stated above, his contract is terrible. But if he renegotiated it to something befitting his backup status I guess I might be ok with it if Flynn wants out (as I'm sure he does, and I don't blame him)

LawHawk

Reaction score
Almost every single "He's a USC guy, Carroll will try to get him to Seattle" theory has been wrong. I doubt Carroll even wants him. Carroll has said, and shown with his actions, that he is more likely to undervalue the player based on his experience, rather than overvalue him.

CANHawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":ne003lti said:
If Sanchez was willing to take the league minimum, I STILL wouldn't take him as our backup. I would take T-Jack back over Sanchez for twice the price.

Amen. If we DO move Flynn, TJack would be a great choice to back up Rusty IMO.

drdiags

Reaction score
While we are at it, may as well put Tebow's name in this post. Carson Palmer is most likely out with the Raiders and Leinhart as well.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Even if there contracts were the same, a Flynn for Sanchez trade straight up wouldn't make any sense. At least with Flynn, theres still hope he can be a quality starter. With Sanchez, its iffy if he's even a quality back up.

Now if it was a Flynn for Sanchez and a third round pick, that might be worth a look (assuming the Jets eat most of his contract or he takes a pay cut).

AceBoogie715

Reaction score
Please, let's not bring the circus to Seattle (in my Stephen A. Smith voice).

Haha, but seriously, I'd rather keep Flynn, or let PC/JS draft a 5th round QB to backup. I trust that the draft pick will have talent considering our recent draft picks.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Sanchez is finished, only a desperate waiver wire team will give him a chance next season. He'll have to renegotiate that contract to even get a chance somewhere else. With Ryan staying, I'm guessing they'll start him again, good new everyone else in the AFCE!

Rather keep Flynn and draft a guy unless someone offered us a good draft pick for Flynn. I still want nothing to do with Sanchez.

Shock2k

Reaction score
So what was the problem with Portis? Why wouldn't we bring him back, given our current offensive scheme he would seem to be a good fit, and cheap.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Why would we want a worse backup that's making more money than Flynn?

chawx

Reaction score
This thread reminds me, shit.... where's LenDale White??? ...or, even better, Matt Lienart?! Who else is a P.O.S. player that went to USC that we can snatch up and pay lots of money for?

Cartire

Reaction score
Shock2k":23hp9o5q said:
So what was the problem with Portis? Why wouldn't we bring him back, given our current offensive scheme he would seem to be a good fit, and cheap.

Usually when a QB is on the PS for 2 years, its because hes cant get any higher. We like to call them "Projects" and "Prospects", but the truth is, PS QB almost never, ever make it higher then a backup, and thats if they are lucky.

He had some ok at bats during the 2011 preseason, but obviously nothing was to be with him after this year.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Cartire":38x6l79v said:
Shock2k":38x6l79v said:

Usually when a QB is on the PS for 2 years, its because hes cant get any higher. We like to call them "Projects" and "Prospects", but the truth is, PS QB almost never, ever make it higher then a backup, and thats if they are lucky.

He had some ok at bats during the 2011 preseason, but obviously nothing was to be with him after this year.

Ya, I was just wondering what it was specifically.

Latest posts