Incarerated Bob Reports Kelly to Cleveland

pehawk

Reaction score
Consider the source. BUT it wouldn't surprise me. Kelly's smart, and that's the best job to open up since SF for Harbaugh.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Weeden has already said he cant imagine himself playing in Chips system. however, if they traded up or were in position to draft Geno Smith. Or maybe made a trade for Terrell Pryor or even Dennis Dixon i could see this being a good fit. Trent Richardson in Chips offense? Scary!

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
sturg78":17tndozz said:
How is Cleveland a good opportunity?

Very talented roster, in need of pro coaches, IMO. Same as 49ers for Harbaugh.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
He has missed a few big ones over the past year, I no longer automatically trust what IncarceratedBob says. : /

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Weeden would do fine in a modified spread as he ran at OSU. Weeden doesn't stike me as smart but nor does anyone; from, has ever lived or currently resides in Oklahoma. BUT, the spread can utilize deficient QB's (to a point). Plus, Thadeous Lewis DIDN'T look all bad either in Week 17.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Gotta agree with Pe here. All they are missing is a QB, and they are playing in the horrible AFC, with a weaker AFC north.

Other than that, the Browns have a ton of talent, Joe Thomas, Mitchell Swartz, Alex Mack, which are 3 very solid players. Then you move up to the WR position with Josh Gordon (good deep threat? Loved his rookie season) and Greg Little. Then the RB is Trent Richardson, who is a beast. Weeden is dragging the unit down.

Then you go to the defense, that has Jabaal Sheard, Phil Taylor, D'Qwell Jackson, Joe Haden, and TJ Ward. Then the special teams has pro bowl kicker Phil Dawson.

At a quick glance, that offense looks very talented. I love their line, and their skill positions aside from QB are very solid. All they really need is a QB.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm still not convinced they're missing a QB.

Colt wasn't TOO bad with an average coach - just weak-armed which limited his abilities. Weeden would be prettty successful in a pure WCO which limited the need to think. Just have him drop 5 and throw to a spot. He's MORE than capable of being that. And, unlike McCoy, Weeden still hasn't played for a true HC/OC combination.

Actually, Holmgren would be a good choice there. Of course, Holmgren's name probably has the same credibility Mora's has around here.

That's a GREAT job.

P.S. I'm still convinced Colt McCoy, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Matt Flynn are the same person. Whomever that person is tries to garner multiple checks with fake passports and a variety of facial hair lengths.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
He's also the number 1 candidate in Philadelphia

University of Oregon coach Chip Kelly is the Eagles' prime target, according to two NFL senior personnel officials. Kelly, 49, is 45-7 in four seasons as a college head coach. He is praised for his innovative mind, so much so that Patriots coach Bill Belichick has used elements of the Oregon offense in New England this season. The Ducks play in the Fiesta Bowl on Thursday.

http://articles.philly.com/2013-01-01/s ... frey-lurie

kearly

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if Kelly was at Oregon next year. Pete Carroll turned down job offers for years before coming to Seattle and like most coaches was EMPHATIC that he wasn't going to the NFL any time soon. By contrast, Kelly has been dodging the subject in press conferences saying things like "I'm just focusing on the bowl game right now." If that's not a kiss of death for Oregon fans who want Kelly to stay, I don't know what is. I'm sure Oregon's next coach will be pretty good. Shaw may not be Harbaugh, but look how he's done as a caretaker coach. At the very least, I'm sure Mike Bellotti wouldn't turn down the chance to return, and I woudln't doubt that Oregon could do even better than Bellotti.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":3mk5ynx7 said:
I'd be surprised if Kelly was at Oregon next year. Pete Carroll turned down job offers for years before coming to Seattle and like most coaches was EMPHATIC that he wasn't going to the NFL any time soon. By contrast, Kelly has been dodging the subject in press conferences saying things like "I'm just focusing on the bowl game right now." If that's not a kiss of death for Oregon fans who want Kelly to stay, I don't know what is. I'm sure Oregon's next coach will be pretty good. Shaw may not be Harbaugh, but look how he's done as a caretaker coach. At the very least, I'm sure Mike Bellotti wouldn't turn down the chance to return.

A big huge no thanks to Bellotti.

I think there's a 1% chance that Kelly is back next year. And from every thing i've heard its 99% a sure think that offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich will take over, which I think is the best thing for the program. A big key is how much of the coaching staff will stay and i'm guessing that most of them will. Every single person on our staff was here before Chip Kelly, except for our d'line coach. I wouldnt be surprised if he's the only one that follows Chip to the NFL.

Even though it will suck to lose Chip I'm actually excited for it. I'm guessing it will hurt our recruiting class this year since this is happening so late in the process and we might lose a few of the guys who are already commited, but in the future I think it will actually help. One of the big recruiting factors that teams use against hte Ducks is that the Duck system doesnt get guys to the NFL. Now we can say that the man who created the Ducks system is the most sought after coach in the NFL and is the NFL's future.

I'm excited and interested to see what happens.

JKent82

Reaction score
KC or Cleveland are the best spots for him I think. Both have solid O-lines, running game, talent on defense, and less media attention than in Philly. Can you imagine if Pete and John tried to do what they did in Philly?

#1 pick for KC has to be a big draw too.

Latest posts