Atlanta's scheduled game time for the 2nd playoff round

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • On NFL network, I saw that Atlanta's scheduled game time is for 1pm Sunday. If Seattle wins and Green Bay wins, Seattle plays Atlanta at 1pm ET. Just thought I'd share what I saw. If true, that blows, but I guess what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
    hawksfanohio
    NET Starter

• Great teams have to win at all times.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• That just means an extra day of rest before the NFC Championship game.
    It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back
    In the draft, turn nothing into something, still can make that
    Will I
    NET Rookie

• I'll be rooting for Minnesota to beat GB again, maybe just maybe we could get a home NFC Championship.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• hawksfanohio wrote:On NFL network, I saw that Atlanta's scheduled game time is for 1pm Sunday. If Seattle wins and Green Bay wins, Seattle plays Atlanta at 1pm ET. Just thought I'd share what I saw. If true, that blows, but I guess what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.

damn...you guys are awfully confident, huh? --
    burggold75
    NET Bench Warmer

• there are direct flights DC to ATL

just saying pack for 2 weeks guys
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• burggold75 wrote:
    hawksfanohio wrote:On NFL network, I saw that Atlanta's scheduled game time is for 1pm Sunday. If Seattle wins and Green Bay wins, Seattle plays Atlanta at 1pm ET. Just thought I'd share what I saw. If true, that blows, but I guess what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.

Nope. We're just happy to be in and anything else is just luck from here on out. :sarcasm_off:

Why shouldn't we be confident?
    It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back
    In the draft, turn nothing into something, still can make that
    Will I
    NET Rookie

• Will I wrote:
    burggold75 wrote:
    hawksfanohio wrote:On NFL network, I saw that Atlanta's scheduled game time is for 1pm Sunday. If Seattle wins and Green Bay wins, Seattle plays Atlanta at 1pm ET. Just thought I'd share what I saw. If true, that blows, but I guess what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.

Nope. We're just happy to be in and anything else is just luck from here on out. :sarcasm_off:

that's cool..no game is a gimme in the nfl...unless you have replacement refs
    burggold75
    NET Bench Warmer

• Will I wrote:
    burggold75 wrote:

seahawks are a scary team...i'm looking forward to a great game :D
    burggold75
    NET Bench Warmer

• burggold75 wrote:
    burggold75 wrote:

that's cool..no game is a gimme in the nfl...unless you have replacement refs[/quote]

You are going to have a short stay here making comments like the one you just made. Just a confident prediction.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• burggold75 wrote:

Hey what's up burggold? And basically we are just so excited to be one of the teams in the playoffs we are already looking up superbowl scenario's. I don't think we are that overconfident, RG3 could easily hand the Hawks a loss. Here's hoping to a great game Sunday! And no injuries! :thirishdrinkers:

And c'mon, you know you've been looking up the Superbowl scenario's too ;)
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• burggold75 wrote:

It was basically just an observation "if" we should win this week. Actually, yes I am confident we can win at Washington. If you haven't watched us this year then I'd expect a comment like that. If you have, then you would know why. Seattle plays top level football on offense, defense, and special teams.
    hawksfanohio
    NET Starter

• hawksfanohio wrote:
    burggold75 wrote:

It was basically just an observation "if" we should win this week. Actually, yes I am confident we can win at Washington. If you haven't watched us this year then I'd expect a comment like that. If you have, then you would know why. Seattle plays top level football on offense, defense, and special teams.

I come in peace..its all good..I have seen seattle play--they are very good. but I think it will be closer than you think. I will be happy to come back and take it if we lose.
    burggold75
    NET Bench Warmer

• hawksfan515 wrote:
    burggold75 wrote:

Hey what's up burggold? And basically we are just so excited to be one of the teams in the playoffs we are already looking up superbowl scenario's. I don't think we are that overconfident, RG3 could easily hand the Hawks a loss. Here's hoping to a great game Sunday! And no injuries! :thirishdrinkers:

And c'mon, you know you've been looking up the Superbowl scenario's too ;)

whats up! we are excited to be in the playoffs too...seems we always play each other! finally one in our house and not centurylink!! here's to a good game
    burggold75
    NET Bench Warmer

• burggold75 wrote:I come in peace..its all good..I have seen seattle play--they are very good. but I think it will be closer than you think. I will be happy to come back and take it if we lose.

You come in peace? After saying this on extremeskins.com?

burggold75 wrote:worst fans in the nfl. complain about everything. still bitter about calls from super bowl xl. most believe that blown call against packers was actually correct. they feel disrespected about russell wilson. they better be scared of our team..but they also have a great team that, is dirty as hell, but screw them

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?377631-We-Want-Seattle(and-other-Seahawks-pregame-strategy-thread)/page4

Get the hell outta here.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

• burggold75 wrote:=
    whats up! we are excited to be in the playoffs too...seems we always play each other! finally one in our house and not centurylink!! here's to a good game

Yeah, BTW something that seems odd is all your fanbase sees this as a revenge game... I don't really see that, as you guys beat the Hawks in Centurlink last season, and no one except Trufant, Hill, and Mebane are left from those seasons, and probably not much more on your team. It is more a revenge game for us, except to the fans, IMO.

What you think?
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Erebus wrote:
    burggold75 wrote:I come in peace..its all good..I have seen seattle play--they are very good. but I think it will be closer than you think. I will be happy to come back and take it if we lose.

burggold75 wrote:worst fans in the nfl. complain about everything. still bitter about calls from super bowl xl. most believe that blown call against packers was actually correct. they feel disrespected about russell wilson. they better be scared of our team..but they also have a great team that, is dirty as hell, but screw them

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?377631-We-Want-Seattle(and-other-Seahawks-pregame-strategy-thread)/page4

Get the hell outta here.

Calm down a little Erebus, he's just another fan. I don't think he really hates us that much, and after that article about us Hawk fans being horrible, I'm not so confident in our image from other fans.

If we did things that rude to some fans, we really do deserve hate. Don't just keep the cycle going, burggold is all good, I hope we change his opinion of Hawk fans being D-bags instead of promote it.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• I'm not completely sober, so dont take anything I say personally. If he really does come in peace then he can stay. However, I take offense to Seattle being called the worst fans in the NFL. I read the stories about how we were rude to visiting Redskins fans and saying terrible things about Sean Taylor. Thats inexcusable, but you have to understand that every fan base has many fans like that.

I disagree about our team being dirty. Physical is not the same as dirty. You want to accuse us of cheating? Then why was Cedric Griffin suspended? Same reason as Browner and Sherman. Don't hate Sherman because he won his appeal.

I don't feel disrespected about Wilson. He's always in the talk for OROY, which is all I ask. I don't know who's more deserving between him and RG3. Its a toss up to me.

Yes we're bitter about calls from SBXL*. Bill Leavy even admitted to blowing a couple of them. Who wouldn't be bitter about being robbed of their only chance at a Super Bowl victory?

We do believe Golden Tate's catch was legit, because it was. If you need proof, check out this article.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/shame-the-angry-mob-golden-tates-touchdown-was-legit/17706/

And if it makes you feel any better, I am a little scared of the Redskins, but I'm also very confident in the Seahawks because of the way they've been playing. Should be a great game. I hope our playoff domination of the Redskins continues.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

• Erebus wrote:I'm not completely sober, so dont take anything I say personally. If he really does come in peace then he can stay. However, I take offense to Seattle being called the worst fans in the NFL. I read the stories about how we were rude to visiting Redskins fans and saying terrible things about Sean Taylor. Thats inexcusable, but you have to understand that every fan base has many fans like that.

I disagree about our team being dirty. Physical is not the same as dirty. You want to accuse us of cheating? Then why was Cedric Griffin suspended? Same reason as Browner and Sherman. Don't hate Sherman because he won his appeal.

I don't feel disrespected about Wilson. He's always in the talk for OROY, which is all I ask. I don't know who's more deserving between him and RG3. Its a toss up to me.

Yes we're bitter about calls from SBXL*. Bill Leavy even admitted to blowing a couple of them. Who wouldn't be bitter about being robbed of their only chance at a Super Bowl victory?

We do believe Golden Tate's catch was legit, because it was. If you need proof, check out this article.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/shame-the-angry-mob-golden-tates-touchdown-was-legit/17706/

And if it makes you feel any better, I am a little scared of the Redskins, but I'm also very confident in the Seahawks because of the way they've been playing. Should be a great game. I hope our playoff domination of the Redskins continues.

Oh it's all good if you're drunk LOL :) And BTW, I actually do feel like Wilson doesn't get enough respect (his height is NOT a factor, and he does NOT get rattled, and he's freaking elite!), I feel like SBXL was a job, and any team in the league would still hold a grudge if they lost a SB like that, and the same with the Fail mary game. Why do you think it held up over freaking replay???? Because it was actually correct. It may have looked like a interception, but when you really delve into it it's a Tate catch. You can't just glance at it and say "interception", you really have to break it down, which most ignorant NFL fans haven't. We have, and we saw a TD.

The only thing I don't feel is right is Hawk fans saying that crap to any fan in the league, without being provoked. That has to change, and hopefully it will.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Erebus wrote:
    burggold75 wrote:I come in peace..its all good..I have seen seattle play--they are very good. but I think it will be closer than you think. I will be happy to come back and take it if we lose.

Get the hell outta here.

alright..im little bitter about some hawks fans....that i know personally.. but fans on every team go both ways. to be honest, some comments about sean taylor in 2007 that hawks fans were out of line...also in 2005 my experience was rude fans... i'm here to let the stuff go and talk about the game. i do think your team is a little bit dirty..but just being honest.

i like your fan pride..honestly. it's awesome to have 2 great rookie qbs starting
    burggold75
    NET Bench Warmer

• hawksfan515 wrote:
    burggold75 wrote:=

Yeah, BTW something that seems odd is all your fanbase sees this as a revenge game... I don't really see that, as you guys beat the Hawks in Centurlink last season, and no one except Trufant, Hill, and Mebane are left from those seasons, and probably not much more on your team. It is more a revenge game for us, except to the fans, IMO.

What you think?

we hated the rule that division winners despite record got the home game. given your record and performance at home it was annoying :D

Yeah..i don't really look at this as revenge game. We are happy to play at FedEx. i'm wondering how well your fans will travel...going back to the subject of this thread...
    burggold75
    NET Bench Warmer

• burggold75 wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:
    burggold75 wrote:=

What you think?

we hated the rule that division winners despite record got the home game. given your record and performance at home it was annoying :D

Yeah..i don't really look at this as revenge game. We are happy to play at FedEx. i'm wondering how well your fans will travel...going back to the subject of this thread...

Seattle is notorious for not playing well on the road, especially at 10 am. But this team is different. Yes we did lose 5 road games this year, but played well no matter where we were the 2nd half of the season, even playing at 10 am against the Bears and all the travel time. This is a young, energetic team that is just playing well. I don't think they're worried about traveling.

As far as the subject of the post, I'm not thinking past Washington, but I was just thinking of scenarios, with one scenario being that if Seattle wins and travels the long distance to Atlanta, why the NFL would make a west coast team play at 10 am?
    hawksfanohio
    NET Starter

• burggold75 wrote:we hated the rule that division winners despite record got the home game. given your record and performance at home it was annoying :D

Thats interesting. When you came here in 2005, we were 13-3 vs your 10-6. When you came here in 2007 we were 10-6 vs your 9-7.

The only season in which we hosted a playoff game vs a team with a superior record was 2010 when we beat the Saints. Unless you're also a Saints fan, I'm not sure why that would bother you.

Anyways, do you still feel that way this year, now that you get to host us despite being one game worse?
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

• I come in peace..its all good..I have seen seattle play--they are very good. but I think it will be closer than you think. I will be happy to come back and take it if we lose.[/quote]

I respect that. I'll do the same. I think it will be close, never thought it wouldn't be, as both teams play a similar style of ball.
    hawksfanohio
    NET Starter

• quote]alright..im little bitter about some hawks fans....that i know personally.. but fans on every team go both ways. to be honest, some comments about sean taylor in 2007 that hawks fans were out of line...also in 2005 my experience was rude fans... i'm here to let the stuff go and talk about the game. i do think your team is a little bit dirty..but just being honest.

i like your fan pride..honestly. it's awesome to have 2 great rookie qbs starting[/quote]

Could you elaborate on this? I'd like to know why. I'm not trying to be a homer but I've never got the impression Seattle was a "dirty" team. Playing tough, physical football is totally different from playing dirty.
    hawksfanohio
    NET Starter

• To a finesse team playing smash mouth physical football is obviously dirty. Sorry if we get your jersey's a little dirty.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• burggold75 wrote:

So, his use of the word IF was a real puzzler for you, wasn't it? Do you want him to use smaller words than IF? Would that help your comprehension?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information