My NFC playoff very possible scenarios

BlueTalons

Reaction score
I can see the Vikings beating the Packers to take the #6 seed. With them KNOWING a win gets them in, I see them doing it. This would push the Pack back down to the #3 seed and then hosting Vikings the very next week in the WC round. Sorry...SF is beating the Cardinals.

Us, having the #5, we would go to either Washington or Dallas.

This then means the 49ers will have the #2 seed and a bye. Falcons obviously are the #1.

(The rest of this is all assuming we advance each step...)

Scenario 1
If the Packers beat the Vikings, then the Pack goes to #2 SF and we go to #1 Atlanta. By beating Atlanta, we would then go to either SF or GB for the NFC Championship Game.

Scenario 2
If the Vikings beat the Packers (again) then WE go to #2 SF and the Vikings go to Atlanta. We then either go to Atlanta for the NFC Championship Game or HOST the NFC Championship Game against the Vikings!

So if we see the #2 in the second round, obviously the #6 Vikings are playing the Falcons. I know it has been many years but...wouldn’t it be franchise retribution for the Vikings to take out the #1 Falcons like the 1998 Falcons did to the #1 Vikings??

Of course...if the Cardinals DO return like 5 INT’s for TD’s and win that game...we could be the #2!

OP
OP
BlueTalons

BlueTalons

Reaction score
So I see the seeding like this in order of *my thought of* likeliness:

Vikings beat Packers and 49ers beat Cardinals. SF #2, GB #3, NFCE Champ #4, Hawks #5, Vikings #6.
Packers beat Vikings and 49ers beat Cardinals. GB #2, SF #3, NFCE Champ #4, Hawks #5, Giants #6.
Vikings beat Packers and Cardinals beat 49ers (and we beat Rams.) Hawks #2, GB #3, NFCE Champ #4, 49ers #5, Vikings #6.
Packers beat Vikings and Cardinals beat 49ers (and we beat Rams.) GB #2, Hawks #3, NFCE Champ #4, 49ers #5, Giants #6.

drdiags

Reaction score
In *my thought of* likeliness, if the Packers win, I see Chicago beating Detroit to take the #6 seed. Just cannot see the Giants getting in.

djb28

Reaction score
Was watching NFL AM today. Eric Davis has us in The NFC Championship Game but losing to the Pack. Only because of the Elements and in Lambeau. Last week he had San Fran in the Super Bowl. lol.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I want SF to win in the playoffs. All the way until the Seahawks are in Candlestick. Oh yeah, baby. Gimme some SF. Mmm..... ;)

drdiags

Reaction score
So here are my thoughts on how the NFC Championship will play out:

The teams will be:

Falcons and Packers get the bye, 9ers and Redskins host the Bears and Seahawks.

------

49ers vs Bears: I do not see how the Bears win this game.

Redskins vs Seahawks: CW says the Seahawks should win based on the level of competition they played this season.

Caveats: Washington has a good running game which can press the Seahawks D. RGIII has produced in the passing game and if Sherman is out, it will make defending the pass a little tougher. A Rex Grossman led offense got this defense last year so there is a familiarity.

-------

Divisional Rounds - Green Bay vs SFran, Atlanta vs Seahawks

Green Bay vs SFran. Tough call but currently I would have to go with the Packers. Kaep and injuries are the wild card for the 9ers. It is a pick-em in my mind. Others may see it as a Packers win hands down.

Atlanta vs Seattle. Sherman's absence is pivotal. Last year Gonzalez and Julio had a good outing. Atlanta has beaten Pete 2 times in a row and Browner had issues against Jones. This looks like the Falcons win in a offensive game. Maybe we try a 61 yd FG to attempt to win, though this time in the dome. Just like the Seahawks not winning a playoff game in 20 yrs until 2005, I am thinking the odds against Ryan has to be broken. This game should be a serious battle. I will be shocked and disappointed if the Seahawks do not give their "A" effort. (I know no one wants to hear this, just giving my feel of how I see things happening).

------------

NFCCG

Atlanta vs Green Bay. This is going to be a hard call for me. CW has the Packers winning. They played in the best NFC division this year in the NFCN with the NFCS being the 4th, based on win-loss. I would buck CW and select the Falcons to represent the NFC in the Superbowl.

Just some gut feelings involved and an attempt to remove obvious bias from these opinions.

------------------------

Now in my perfect world.

WC Weekend

Bears beat 9ers. Seahawks beat Redskins

NFC Divisional round

Bears beat Packers. Seahawks beat Atlanta

NFCCG

Seahawks beat Bears

Chances of a 5th and 6th seed playing for the right to go to the superbowl - 0%. But that is my total homer picks.