How long until Greg Schiano's on the hot seat?

hawksfan515

Reaction score
No way he get fired in his first season, he kept the Bucs competitive at first. Sounds like Pete Carroll's first year, IMO. Kept the team with a nice record in the beginning, and then we really fell out of whack. Then again, the Bucs have a QBOTF....

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I know it's his first season, but this is nothing like Pete Carroll's first season in Seattle. The players are revolting behind the scenes. His approach to coaching worked when the team was winning games, but nobody likes a over the top hard ass when things go wrong. He's looked out of his depth in recent weeks. Today's blow out against the Rams has been abysmal and follows a disgusting performance in New Orleans.

Not saying he'll be canned this year, but if they lose next week to finish 6-10 then he enters next season on the hot seat. This has been very, very ugly.

pehawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm wondering that too, English. But, I'm beginning to think there's just a bad mix of players there. Raheem made some big mistakes as a new HC, but he wasn't awful. Raheem will be GREAT coach the 2nd time around, IMO. And, Schiano's good, IMO. That's two decent coaches who've had that team to the cusp, only to see them revolt.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1p7ndao1 said:
Yeah, I'm wondering that too, English. But, I'm beginning to think there's just a bad mix of players there. Raheem made some big mistakes as a new HC, but he wasn't awful. Raheem will be GREAT coach the 2nd time around, IMO. And, Schiano's good, IMO. That's two decent coaches who've had that team to the cusp, only to see them revolt.

Fair points.

And Josh Freeman doesn't look all that anymore. Had one good season, really.

pehawk

Reaction score
What's REALLY funny is the team is revolting against the very thing they said Raheem lacked; discipline.

I think Freeman is an A1 bullshitter. He's the leader of that team, and more times than not they fall apart. I believe Freeman maybe the cause behind the scenes. Just a guess. Plus, Freeman's one good year they we're 10-6. But, they we're 10-6 and knew the playoffs we're still unlikely. So, they've never really won when called upon as a must.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2cs87wc8 said:
He won't get canned this year.

What's the issue there ya think? They got some talent where you want it.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1a77o5u1 said:
I know it's his first season, but this is nothing like Pete Carroll's first season in Seattle. The players are revolting behind the scenes. His approach to coaching worked when the team was winning games, but nobody likes a over the top hard ass when things go wrong. He's looked out of his depth in recent weeks. Today's blow out against the Rams has been abysmal and follows a disgusting performance in New Orleans.

Not saying he'll be canned this year, but if they lose next week to finish 6-10 then he enters next season on the hot seat. This has been very, very ugly.
Reminds me of Jim Mora's first year as HC with the Seahawks. it can happen after one year, and in the Seahawks case, was the right decision.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":2ahe29ol said:
Scottemojo":2ahe29ol said:

I don't know for sure, but that defense is pretty soft up the middle, and losing Talib hurt the backend. I think the D is kinda soft. I recorded that Bucs/Rams game, I will look a little closer.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2esi8n66 said:
pehawk":2esi8n66 said:
Scottemojo":2esi8n66 said:

I don't know for sure, but that defense is pretty soft up the middle, and losing Talib hurt the backend. I think the D is kinda soft. I recorded that Bucs/Rams game, I will look a little closer.

Pervert.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":2vmhpu2t said:
Scottemojo":2vmhpu2t said:
pehawk":2vmhpu2t said:

Pervert.
Soft. Backend. Soft. Buc, Ram. Of course I want to look closer.