Congrats to Megatron

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Guy is a class act and just broke Rice's single season record. He is a good guy, and I am glad he did it. If any of the three of he, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald breaks records then I say great. All three are gentlemen and hard workers. Plus it's nice for Jerry to have to take a backseat for once. Maybe now his indirect swipes at Largent and how "easily" Rice broke the records will quiet some since there is a new generation of guys that in my mind are every bit the player Rice was (and then some). It's the way it goes. Generation to generation is very difficult to compare. To devalue Largent's career because of Rice's career would be as stupid as devaluing Rice's career because of the careers of the big 3 I mentioned above. Each generation has their stars, and I think stars from different generations would be stars in any generation. All five guys mentioned were all time greats, and I have been blessed to see all of them play the entirety of their careers.

I am a bit surprised that Calvin did it after the game he had against the Hawks. He just didn't look good at all, but I wasn't aware at the time that he was battling injuries, not the least of which was a broken finger. That's the kind of guy you want on your team. Suited up and giving it his all every week. He has earned every accolade he has gotten and I am glad to see a good guy get some recognition for being so well... good. :)

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
Plus one. Calvin is a gentleman and a beast, and I love watching him play. Rice comes off arrogant and bitter, so I'm stoked for Megatron.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Shaz

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":2ggotu8k said:
SharkHawk":2ggotu8k said:
Andre Johnson.......All three are gentlemen

This change your opinion?
[youtube]pcy3-QcKaC4[/youtube]

No it doesn't, Trash talking happens between everyone

This video is ridiculous and doesn't have any validity to how good of a guy Johnson is

Look at the 19K shopping spree he did for needy kids just these past few weeks to show how much he actually cares

OP
OP
SharkHawk

SharkHawk

Reaction score
The situation with Johnson and Cortland Finnegan is legendary. Finnegan tried to end his career. Johnson snapped and went off. I didn't watch the video, but before I scrolled down I was guessing it was going to show the Titans... and I was right.

You would have to watch what took place in that whole game, you'd understand. I've heard him mic'd up before, and he was nothing but great. Cortland is a piece of crap. He's Rodney Harrison with no talent. An absolutely dirty piece of crap that tries to end careers. Hey, I've seen Larry Fitzgerald go off... I still think he's classy. I saw Largent wait weeks and take a deliberate act of revenge on Mike Harden that would have likely equaled a $100,000 fine today. I still think Largent and Fitzgerald are the two classiest men to ever play the position, and I'll stand by it.

I've never heard of Andre doing anything off the field, in public, to a woman, to a child, etc. etc. If anything I've heard as many nice stories about him as Ray Allen, who is sort of the high watermark for professional athletes and "giving back". I believe Ray once gave 3 million dollars in one year to build a youth center for kids and tried to keep it a secret, but the benefactors announced his name.

Sure there are a lot of phony "good guys" in the NFL, but I think the 3-headed monster receiving corps is as good of a group of players and as good of guys off the field as the NFL has ever had. So I appreciate Megatron and look forward to seeing the records they all put up. It would be pretty fantastic if they all retired at the same time and were inducted into the HoF the same year.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
It is amazing that Johnson is 104 yards from 2,000 yards.

104 yards from a 2,000 yard season. Wow. For a receiver. So for Johnson, an average game for him next week will nab him an almost unachievable height, at least it looks like that right now.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
Good points Shark. He seems like a great guy. He did it without a Hall Of Fame QB too.

I just think it sucks he has to play for such a horrible franchise. When I see Schwartz I just want to punch him in the face. Its one of the things I dig about Harbaugh. He got to slap him on the back (hard) and pretty much tell him he sucks to his face.

SharkHawk":16p1ycv9 said:
Sure there are a lot of phony "good guys" in the NFL, but I think the 3-headed monster receiving corps is as good of a group of players and as good of guys off the field as the NFL has ever had. So I appreciate Megatron and look forward to seeing the records they all put up. It would be pretty fantastic if they all retired at the same time and were inducted into the HoF the same year.

Isn't it refreshing Shark? For years we were littered with the MeShawn Johnsons, Terrible Owens, Ocho Stinko's, Crissy Carters, and alike. I love it that the diva's are out of the league and we have hard working guys who carry themselves well again. The 90's-early 2000's were some classless wide outs and I'm glad Canton has shut the door on them.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Larry Fitzgerald is a lot less of a gentleman than I thought he was. I guess he's a wife beater.

ScarScream

Reaction score
SundayNiteBlackout":rlfe2h8c said:
Plus one. Calvin is a gentleman and a beast, and I love watching him play. Rice comes off arrogant and bitter, so I'm stoked for Megatron.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

And where do you get that from?? Jerry Rice has always been known as a hard worker and class act.

Guess you should leave your hate somewhere else when you're speaking about the best player ever in football.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
ScarScream":dq2etk4v said:
And where do you get that from?? Jerry Rice has always been known as a hard worker and class act.

Guess you should leave your hate somewhere else when you're speaking about the best player ever in football. :sarcasm_off:

Fixed it for you.

ScarScream

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":9yiik4em said:
ScarScream":9yiik4em said:

Guess you should leave your hate somewhere else when you're speaking about the best player ever in football. :sarcasm_off:

Fixed it for you.

Yeah like I said, only you haters don't see it. I wonder why he was voted best player ever.. I wonder why 99.9% of the past/present players/coaches call Jerry Rice the best player ever.

You guys have so much hate it blinds you.

I didn't like Michael Jordan, but I still consider him the best player ever in basketball.

How about you put your arrogance/stupidity on the side and recognize Jerry Rice is the best player ever in the NFL?

OP
OP
SharkHawk

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Jim Thorpe would have kicked Jerry's ass in any athletic competition. Thorpe won a Heptathlon AND a decathlon, plus played pro baseball and pro football, and led the Carlisle Indian School to a national championship in football. Tell me Rice was the "best ever" and I'll tell you to read up on the athletic exploits of Thorpe. He was literally a one man team. He did everything on the field, and it didn't matter who was out there with him. If Thorpe were playing now, he'd be the only legit 2 way player in the NFL. He'd play safety and WR/TE/Fullback/RB and punter.

Jerry Rice isn't a good guy. Remember when he got busted in a massage parlor sting getting a "happy ending" and then claimed his teammates set him up? What a class act. Class all the way. The same d-bag that came to Seattle and took a Hall of Famer's number out of retirement because he's a selfish prick. Yeah. Great guy. He ooooozes class.

ScarScream

Reaction score
SharkHawk":3ddwu6zt said:
Jim Thorpe would have kicked Jerry's ass in any athletic competition. Thorpe won a Heptathlon AND a decathlon, plus played pro baseball and pro football, and led the Carlisle Indian School to a national championship in football. Tell me Rice was the "best ever" and I'll tell you to read up on the athletic exploits of Thorpe. He was literally a one man team. He did everything on the field, and it didn't matter who was out there with him. If Thorpe were playing now, he'd be the only legit 2 way player in the NFL. He'd play safety and WR/TE/Fullback/RB and punter.

Jerry Rice isn't a good guy. Remember when he got busted in a massage parlor sting getting a "happy ending" and then claimed his teammates set him up? What a class act. Class all the way. The same d-bag that came to Seattle and took a Hall of Famer's number out of retirement because he's a selfish prick. Yeah. Great guy. He ooooozes class.

Like I said, you guys are such haters it's really pathetic..

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
Shaz":3lv0urve said:
KitsapHawk":3lv0urve said:
SharkHawk":3lv0urve said:
Andre Johnson.......All three are gentlemen

This change your opinion?
[youtube]pcy3-QcKaC4[/youtube]

No it doesn't, Trash talking happens between everyone

This video is ridiculous and doesn't have any validity to how good of a guy Johnson is

Look at the 19K shopping spree he did for needy kids just these past few weeks to show how much he actually cares

I guess I forgot to put this

:sarcasm_on:

OP
OP
SharkHawk

SharkHawk

Reaction score
ScarScream":1v5yl0iu said:
SharkHawk":1v5yl0iu said:

Like I said, you guys are such haters it's really pathetic..

Yeah, I hate the fact that Jerry Rice is a classless dickhead, but that has nothing to do with why I'm glad a classy gentleman broke his record. Speaking of pathetic... your team really played a classic game tonight. How does it feel to get your butt kicked up and down the field for 60 minutes? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Talk about pathetic.

And speaking about the fact that Jim Thorpe was the best athlete to play in the NFL makes me a hater? Hmmm... not sure how. I think you hate Jim Thorpe, and Megatron, and AJ, and Fitz. All are great players. If I was a "hater" why would I be speaking so highly of non-Seahawks? I appreciate greatness. I am glad to see a class act break a record and that makes me a hater? How so? I'm just glad a guy like Brandon Marshall didn't do it or Randy Moss, or Terrell Owens, or I could go on and on. There have been lots of great receivers in the league, and I can't think of a better player to beat Rice's record. Hater? No. Respecter of greatness? Yes.