Detroit Lions

SEC FAN

Reaction score
I always despised this team. They wasted away with the best back in my lifetime in Barry Sanders, and now they seem to be hell bent on the same path with Calvin Johnson. Wayne Fonts, Marty Morningwhig, Steve Marriucci, Bobby Ross. Remember that time Morningwhig deferred in overtime with the Bears (I think) so he could get the wind advantage? Only a franchise like this would hang on to Matt Millen for so long. God I hate the Lions!

pehawk

Reaction score
There was an article today where Lomas Brown admitted to allowing a DE to sack Scot Mitchell so Krieg would come in. Apparently, Mitchell was hatable AND threw tons of picks.

OP
OP
S

SEC FAN

Reaction score
Only the Lions. Its like when I watch Fitzgerald wasting away in Arizona. I guess in the end these guys dig their own graves. Anquan Boldin forced his way out of Arizona to try and join a winner, Cory Dillon did the same in Cinci.

I just want to see the superstars play in the games that matter. Remember how great Fitz was in the Super Bowl? Big play in the last minutes. Yeah I know they came up short but Fitz was great. Just like T.O. was when he forced his way out of a crappy 49er team and came up huge in the Super Bowl.

Megatron is gonna end up just like Barry Sanders. I just have that feeling. He's signed until like 2019, He'll be 35 and he will have nothing to show for it but money and playing for a crappy team like the Lions.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong in Detroit. It goes beyond personnel. It transcends multiple general managers. Maybe it is the same thing as the Cardinals, where shitty ownership is the backdrop for everything.

Twisted

Reaction score
SEC FAN":ensa4gpy said:
I always despised this team. They wasted away with the best back in my lifetime in Barry Sanders, and now they seem to be hell bent on the same path with Calvin Johnson. Wayne Fonts, Marty Morningwhig, Steve Marriucci, Bobby Ross. Remember that time Morningwhig deferred in overtime with the Bears (I think) so he could get the wind advantage? Only a franchise like this would hang on to Matt Millen for so long. God I hate the Lions!

dood, you do know without explanation Barry Sanders retired early right?

not much you can do when a player just gives up, they were trying to build a team, wasn't easy as the NFCE was the woodshed back then..

OP
OP
S

SEC FAN

Reaction score
Twisted":2yrhshlr said:
dood, you do know without explanation Barry Sanders retired early right?

not much you can do when a player just gives up, they were trying to build a team, wasn't easy as the NFCE was the woodshed back then..

Dood, he retired when he no longer had passion to play for a terrible organization and Megatron is headed down the same path. They were trying to build a team yet they got rid of everyone? Jerry Ball, Lomas Brown, Chris Spielman, Bennie Blades and Kevin Glover. They had no QB as Charlie Batch a rookie was about to be the guy. Their is no such thing as retiring early when the Lions wouldn't trade him. What are your choices? The Dolphins supposedly wanted Barry but the Lions said they would rather let him retire than get any type of compensation. They Lions could have gotten draft picks and they told teams "no". Seriously guy just stop. And by the way, the Lions never played in the NFC East and to this day still don't, it was the NFC Central back then.

BASF

Reaction score
OK, there is no one anywhere who actually knows what Barry Sanders' body felt like except Barry Sanders. The fact that most complain about him retiring early is a little skewed. He played 10 seasons in the NFL. That is a lot of wear and tear and more than most running backs even get the chance to play. He has the sixth most rushing attempts all time. The five guys ahead of him played at least one year past effective which no one can claim of Sanders.