Coulda, woulda, shoulda...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Coulda, woulda, shoulda...
Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:01 pm
  • Cleveland Browns could have an offense consisting of.... Colin Kaepernick, Julio Jones, Trent Richardson

How?

In the 2011 draft, take Julio Jones #6 overall instead of trading down with Atlanta. In round two, Kaepernick was drafted #36 and the Browns selected at #37. A modest move up the board would've secured the quarterback. The subsequent year - take Trent Richardson in the 2012 draft as they did anyway.

Instead, the Browns got Phil Taylor, Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden.

(Obviously the Browns 2011 record could've been different in this scenario, meaning they wouldn't be in position to get Richardson. But... yeah)

Buffalo Bills could have an offense consisting of... A.J. Green and Colin Kaepernick

How?

In the 2011 draft, Buffalo passed on Green and Julio Jones to take Marcell Dareus. In the second round, they drafted 'bust already' Aaron Williams one pick before Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick were taken by Cincinnati and San Francisco respectively.

Imagine an offense consisting of Kaepernick, C.J. Spiller, A.J. Green, Fred Jackson and Stevie Johnson.

This is less convoluted than the Browns projection given both picks were readily possible in the same draft. Instead of owning one of the more explosive offenses in the NFL, Dareus and Williams are part of one of the most expensive and inept defenses in the league.

I bet it's great being a Browns or Bills fan...
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Coulda, woulda, shoulda...
Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:05 pm
  • The Seahawks could have an offense consisting of.......

Oh wait a second, we actually did everything right :)

And they could all have had Wilson for a lesser price and he's also a better player. Just saying.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:46 am
  • Well you could say that almost any team with QB struggles this year could've had Russell Wilson.

Hell, the Redskins could've held on to all those picks and taken Wilson before us in the third.
    amill87
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:55 am
  • Yeah the Bills. Part of me wants to say something but I'm trying to be a more positive person. I like their colors, how about that.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:52 pm
  • If we're playing the coulda game, we coulda had Geno Atkins, Victor Cruz, Antonio Brown, Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Randall Cobb, etc.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:15 am
  • Erebus wrote:If we're playing the coulda game, we coulda had Geno Atkins, Victor Cruz, Antonio Brown, Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Randall Cobb, etc.

I would have been tickled with just Atkins. A fourth round DT that can push the pocket AND get sacks. STUD.

Makes you wonder why he slipped to the 4th round.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:12 pm
  • I wanted Geno Atkins so bad, he was part of my sig. Especially after he dominated in the Senior Bowl, or was it EastWest? He's been my only missed wish player.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:40 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information