Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:59 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am
Posts: 2876
NorCal wrote:

If Kap outperforms RW this week, will you give credit where credit is due? I will if RW outperforms Kap. Actually, I am pretty excited that these two guys get to play each other twice a year for the foreseeable future. Should really help the budding rivalry

I will.

What is you definition of "outperforms"?

How are we going to measure it?

Here's an idea.... let's add the traditional QB Passer rating and QBR together and then divide by 2. Both stats have their shortcomings but let's use both as a measuring stick in this game.

Since the Passer Rating has a max. of 158.3 and QBR has a max. of 100, we need to normalize one to the other in order to give equal credit to each rating.

Therefore, I suggest that we normalize the QBR to the Passer Rating by multiplying the QBR by 1.583 and adding that total to the Passer Rating before we divide by 2 to get the (normalized) average.

Whichever QB ends up with the higher number will be jointly recognized as the QB that outperformed the other.

Agreed?

_________________
EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:52 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm
Posts: 240
onanygivensunday wrote:
NorCal wrote:

If Kap outperforms RW this week, will you give credit where credit is due? I will if RW outperforms Kap. Actually, I am pretty excited that these two guys get to play each other twice a year for the foreseeable future. Should really help the budding rivalry

I will.

What is you definition of "outperforms"?

How are we going to measure it?

Here's an idea.... let's add the traditional QB Passer rating and QBR together and then divide by 2. Both stats have their shortcomings but let's use both as a measuring stick in this game.

Since the Passer Rating has a max. of 158.3 and QBR has a max. of 100, we need to normalize one to the other in order to give equal credit to each rating.

Therefore, I suggest that we normalize the QBR to the Passer Rating by multiplying the QBR by 1.583 and adding that total to the Passer Rating before we divide by 2 to get the (normalized) average.

Whichever QB ends up with the higher number will be jointly recognized as the QB that outperformed the other.

Agreed?


Agreed. Good proposal.

I'm now interested to see how this number reflects what people think of what happened in the game.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:08 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22688
Location: Kirkland, WA
NorCal wrote:
I'm now interested to see how this number reflects what people think of what happened in the game.


It'll be interesting to see, for sure. Especially if Kaepernick has another wow-I-got-lucky-fumbling-4-times-and-recovering-all-of-them performance like he did in NE.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:16 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 375
Location: Vancouver, WA
RW can win the QBR\rating game everytime we play, as long as the Niner Team wins the game I could care less!!!

Go Niners

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:17 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:57 pm
Posts: 55
RolandDeschain wrote:
NorCal wrote:
I'm now interested to see how this number reflects what people think of what happened in the game.


It'll be interesting to see, for sure. Especially if Kaepernick has another wow-I-got-lucky-fumbling-4-times-and-recovering-all-of-them performance like he did in NE.


I honestly don't believe that will be a problem for the 49ers. They made a successful adjustment on the snap for the end of the NE game. Things like this rarely repeat immediately because they focus on it in practice. It may come up again after the shame wears off though.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:31 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22688
Location: Kirkland, WA
I actually hope it's wet & rainy for our game. I want to see how both QBs react. Will DangeRuss still be cool, calm, and collected, with no fumbles; or will he cough a couple up? Can Kaepernick get his slick hands under control, or have another large lot of fumbles in the rain?

I imagine Niners fans wouldn't mind seeing that answered, too.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:20 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:30 pm
Posts: 159
http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/ ... kaepernick

They're both as dangerous as I expected. It should be fun seeing these two go head to head as they evolve and grow. The NFC Best will be just that because of these two guys. Instead having a pissing contest, both fanbases should be excited to see these young guys battle for the division year after year, no offense to Sam Bradford(well maybe a little).

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:56 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22688
Location: Kirkland, WA
757Niner wrote:
no offense to Sam Bradford(well maybe a little).


^

:lol:

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:51 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:51 pm
Posts: 5
I agree. The 49ers O-Line is not all that good at protecting the QB. It is why I laugh a those on other boards who say " their QB has so much time" Its far from true. The 49ers had a very tough time against the Giants and Seahawks because of Alex. Kaepernick changes everything.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am
Posts: 2876
NorCal wrote:
onanygivensunday wrote:
NorCal wrote:

If Kap outperforms RW this week, will you give credit where credit is due? I will if RW outperforms Kap. Actually, I am pretty excited that these two guys get to play each other twice a year for the foreseeable future. Should really help the budding rivalry

I will.

What is you definition of "outperforms"?

How are we going to measure it?

Here's an idea.... let's add the traditional QB Passer rating and QBR together and then divide by 2. Both stats have their shortcomings but let's use both as a measuring stick in this game.

Since the Passer Rating has a max. of 158.3 and QBR has a max. of 100, we need to normalize one to the other in order to give equal credit to each rating.

Therefore, I suggest that we normalize the QBR to the Passer Rating by multiplying the QBR by 1.583 and adding that total to the Passer Rating before we divide by 2 to get the (normalized) average.

Whichever QB ends up with the higher number will be jointly recognized as the QB that outperformed the other.

Agreed?


Agreed. Good proposal.

I'm now interested to see how this number reflects what people think of what happened in the game.


So here's the numbers...

Russell's numbers for tonight were 115.3 Passer Rating and 97.6 QBR. His normalized averge for this game is 134.9.

And Kaep's normalized average for tonight was a dismal 41.8. Russell outperformed Kaep by 93.1 points. (Kaep's Passer Rating was 39.6 and his QBR rating was 27.8.)

Russell Wilson is officially and now jointly recognized by both Hawks and 9-ers fans (well, it's at least NorCal) as the QB that outperformed the other today.

_________________
EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:10 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:28 pm
Posts: 5301
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
NorCal wrote:
Kap just beat NE in Foxboro in December, where NE hasn't lost in December in ten years, and oh, threw 4 tds. You guys nervous?


:49ersmall: :177692:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:23 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:16 pm
Posts: 1667
Nope.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:05 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:16 pm
Posts: 1789
Location: Lacey, WA
Yeah, I think we know the answer to this question now.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:57 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm
Posts: 2987
Hehe. Man that was awesome.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:36 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22688
Location: Kirkland, WA
Feeling a little sheepish for starting this thread now, Greenhell?

*crickets while waiting for him to respond*

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:22 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm
Posts: 240
[/quote]

So here's the numbers...

Russell's numbers for tonight were 115.3 Passer Rating and 97.6 QBR. His normalized averge for this game is 134.9.

And Kaep's normalized average for tonight was a dismal 41.8. Russell outperformed Kaep by 93.1 points. (Kaep's Passer Rating was 39.6 and his QBR rating was 27.8.)

Russell Wilson is officially and now jointly recognized by both Hawks and 9-ers fans (well, it's at least NorCal) as the QB that outperformed the other today.
[/quote]

Sorry I haven't been on sooner, Christmas and all. RW definitely looked good and Kap had a bad game for sure. That place was rocking that the Hawks took it to the Niners. Kudos to them. I look forward to the many years of a great rivalry. Obviously, playing at the Clink in primetime is something I hope doesn't happen too often, lol.

Good luck in the playoffs. I do expect the Niners to win this week so any rematch in playoffs will be at the Stick (and NFC Championship as pretty much only possibility).

But, I wanted to make sure I came on here to take my lumps, the Niners got their ***es kicked, and on national TV no less. RW looks like the real deal, he is calm.

Congratulations, and now we get to see how the Hawks and RW do on the road in the playoffs. When is the last road playoff win the Hawks have had? (had to end with a backhanded compliment :D )


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:08 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11208
NorCal wrote:
But, I wanted to make sure I came on here to take my lumps, the Niners got their ***es kicked, and on national TV no less. RW looks like the real deal, he is calm.


Kudos for taking said lumps.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is Kapernick as cool as DangeRuss?
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:04 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am
Posts: 2876
MontanaHawk05 wrote:
NorCal wrote:
But, I wanted to make sure I came on here to take my lumps, the Niners got their ***es kicked, and on national TV no less. RW looks like the real deal, he is calm.


Kudos for taking said lumps.

Agreed.

Now, let both teams rip the rest of the NFC a new one... and may the best team still standing win a SB.

The NFCWest is the BEST.

GO HAWKS!!!!

_________________
EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bitter, HunnyBadger, JGfromtheNW, Rambitious and 20 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.