Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ] 

Would you trade Matt Flynn for Dwayne Bowe
Yep, straight up 63%  63%  [ 22 ]
Naw, i want to get a better deal 37%  37%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 35
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: FLYNN for Deboo (HYPOTHETICAL)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:59 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2444
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
What if he says he will not re sign here?

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FLYNN for Deboo (HYPOTHETICAL)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:58 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
Posts: 12375
Location: Anchorage, AK
Zebulon Dak wrote:
I would make the right deal for Flynn in a nanosecond. This would be one of those deals (not gonna happen anyway, why are we talking about this?).

In our situation right now it's a slim chance that Flynn sees the field this year anyway and just as slim a chance IMHO that he's any good when he does. You name just about any WR in this league that's under 30 and better than Tate, Baldwin or Obo, I'd make that trade for him straight up without a second thought.


Kind of slipping off the main topic here, but if you meant slim chance of seeing Flynn, as in Wilson being benched for Flynn, I completely agree, I don't see this happening...but have you seen Wilson's qb slide? That is going to get him killed one day if he doesn't get better at it.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FLYNN for Deboo (HYPOTHETICAL)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:37 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7848
m0ng0 wrote:
What if he says he will not re sign here?



What if he grows a third arm and becomes the most unique receiver ever to play the game?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FLYNN for Deboo (HYPOTHETICAL)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:45 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2444
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
m0ng0 wrote:
What if he says he will not re sign here?



What if he grows a third arm and becomes the most unique receiver ever to play the game?

great, super, thanks for sharing :roll:

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FLYNN for Deboo (HYPOTHETICAL)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:53 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7848
Both questions about as useful to this hypothetical trade thread IMO.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FLYNN for Deboo (HYPOTHETICAL)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:59 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2444
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
really? it seemed pretty useful earlier on when you babbled on 3 different occasions about how Seattle would be silly to pass up such a golden chance earlier.....is this still a golden chance if Bowe is only a rental for the year?

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FLYNN for Deboo (HYPOTHETICAL)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7848
Bowe wants a big contract - it's the reason he wants out of Kansas City in the first place. Why the hell would he force a trade and then announce 'actually, I don't want to sign the deal I've been fighting for'?

And for what it's worth, the Seahawks would STILL snatch Kansas City's hands off in that situation. Flynn isn't playing here. He got beat about by Russell Wilson. As noted before when I was 'babbling on', you don't pass up the chance EVER to trade a backup taking zero snaps on a decent contract for a guy who is among the best in the league at his position. There isn't a single team in the league that wouldn't make that deal. End of.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FLYNN for Deboo (HYPOTHETICAL)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:11 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
Posts: 12375
Location: Anchorage, AK
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Bowe wants a big contract - it's the reason he wants out of Kansas City in the first place. Why the hell would he force a trade and then announce 'actually, I don't want to sign the deal I've been fighting for'?

And for what it's worth, the Seahawks would STILL snatch Kansas City's hands off in that situation. Flynn isn't playing here. He got beat about by Russell Wilson. As noted before when I was 'babbling on', you don't pass up the chance EVER to trade a backup taking zero snaps on a decent contract for a guy who is among the best in the league at his position. There isn't a single team in the league that wouldn't make that deal. End of.


Understandably that is your opinion, but realistically speaking, how often has a team traded their only other qb on the roster mid season with a winning record? I mean if ANY team would do it, it should have happened by now. There are many times over the years where teams have serious qb needs pop up before the trade deadline.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FLYNN for Deboo (HYPOTHETICAL)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:22 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2444
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
Maybe Kansas City realized he wont re sign so THEY trade HIM instead? Not out of the realm of possibility now is it? Just because he gets traded to us does not mean he has to commit to sign with us now does it?

And if he accepts the trade but does not commit to (or show signs that will sign elsewhere after FA) would you still make the deal?

This really is not a hard question....

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FLYNN for Deboo (HYPOTHETICAL)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:54 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7848
kidhawk wrote:
Understandably that is your opinion, but realistically speaking, how often has a team traded their only other qb on the roster mid season with a winning record? I mean if ANY team would do it, it should have happened by now. There are many times over the years where teams have serious qb needs pop up before the trade deadline.


At what point has anyone said this is a likely trade scenario though? I think we've all accepted it's not a probable event. But that's on KC more than us. There aren't many teams that try and trade for backup QB's mid season. There aren't many teams that have a backup that anyone would want to trade for. Considering the lack of interest in Flynn the free agent, I'm not sure there's increased interest as Flynn the expensive backup. If the Seahawks had a chance to swap Flynn for a top-end positional player, they'd almost certainly do it and see what other backup QB they could find - or just promote Portis. It'd be great misfortune if Wilson then got injured, but the GM that doesn't make that trade shouldn't be in the NFL.


m0ng0 wrote:
Maybe Kansas City realized he wont re sign so THEY trade HIM instead? Not out of the realm of possibility now is it? Just because he gets traded to us does not mean he has to commit to sign with us now does it?

And if he accepts the trade but does not commit to (or show signs that will sign elsewhere after FA) would you still make the deal?

This really is not a hard question....



There's this thing called the franchise tag, you know? Any team willing to trade for Bowe is willing to sign him to a new deal. Any team willing to offer Bowe a deal, he'll be interested in. The franchise tag is available for insurance but probably wouldn't be required in this situation. And the worst case scenario is half a season out of Bowe for a player who barring grave misfortune is going to be sat on the bench for the rest of the year.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FLYNN for Deboo (HYPOTHETICAL)
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:01 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2444
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
And the worst case scenario is half a season out of Bowe for a player who barring grave misfortune is going to be sat on the bench for the rest of the year.



Hey thanks, third times a charm ! :th2thumbs:

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BASF, Kennedyin92, VivaEfrenHerrera and 24 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.