Outages, and next steps

RockHawk

Reaction score
All,
So after 3 major outages in the last week, we've decided that we can no longer trust our current server hosting company with our site. So, after today's issues and their inability to fix it, we've had to migrate our site to a local hosting platform (care of Anguish) for the short term until we can get some accounts set up for an enterprise-class host. Here's what that means to you:

1 - You've probably noticed that any post made after midnight last night is gone. We apologize for this, but we had to get back online with a backup copy, otherwise we may have been done significantly longer.

2 - The local host we're running on is not the high-power server platform we were on, therefore you may see some slowness during gameday due to the demand on the server. Please be patient for this week as we set the plan for migration permanently.

3 - Anguish saved our bacon today, and many times before. Most of you have no idea how much work he puts into this site for no money and very little thanks, so I would recommend three cheers for the guy. Without him and his help, we wouldn't be online. period. Oh, and if you live near Portland/Vancouver WA, take the guy out and buy him a beer.

Sorry for all the hassle, but we're moving to where we will not have lengthy outages with complete idiots for engineers we're reliant on. PM me if you have any questions.

drdiags

Reaction score
Three cheers Anguish. Thanks for stepping in to allow us to argue QBs some more. Hang in there Rock and team. I will get off my duff and donate some jackola to the cause. Will that give me one free lifetime banning of any member of my choosing? j/k (sort of).

NYCoug

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Anguish!! Much appreciated from 12's around the globe!

nsport

Reaction score
http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/oh+god+I+*******+lost+it+at+borat+_02615336d6f0a7593ece2defb31e1442.png

Jiggy

Reaction score
AnguishMode! He just won't let this site go down for good. :)

The Radish

Reaction score
Well I'm embarrassed I always thought it was Neal.

No matter if its Neil or Neal a big thank you for your tireless work.

And,,,are you still planning on being in this area this month?

:les:

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Question: I have to login in every time I enter .net, is that a result of switching hosts?

sutz

Reaction score
I guess I had more than one reason to be happy i was working all week for a change. I missed most of that. :)

Many thanks to Anguish for being such a good sport and supporting the site. Good work all. :th2thumbs:

And thanks for the update.

Rainger

Reaction score
Anguish, i know what is to put in a lot of work because of your passion and desire to be a service to others without getting the recognition of your efforts. You sir have my greatest appreciation and salute.
:229031_thewave:

The Radish

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1puhnyk5 said:
Question: I have to login in every time I enter .net, is that a result of switching hosts?

I've noticed that too so I'm guessing the answer is yes. lol

Seems like a real imposition doesn't it? Another manner of being spoiled to death. And by the way what was my password again??hahahahaha