Do Not Sell My Personal Information

49ers sign new 6 year deal with HC KS

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
49ers sign new 6 year deal with HC KS
Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:42 pm
  • New 6 year deal keeps him through 2025
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

• Well you know how this works typically, initial surge, level out, York gets pissy because of loss of limelight, fires successful coach.

Lets see if he lasts 3 years of it.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Well you know how this works typically, initial surge, level out, York gets pissy because of loss of limelight, fires successful coach.

York hasn't been pissing people off for years. He has more or less regressed into kinda "normal owner" mode leaving KS and JL to do the day-to-day diplomacy.

From all indications with Harbaugh, from early on he rankled York. He wouldn't go to the 49ers promo things around Levi's, he'd tell press they were silly, so as soon as York saw diminishing results he just decided to try someone else.

Multiple disastrous seasons followed further discrediting York. The fans were literally batting around large phallic shaped toys with F York on them. It got to the point where fans were refusing to go and dumping their tickets on Stubhub for near face value. You should have seen it on 1/1/2017. Got on VTA, 70 percent HAWK fans. The stadium, sweet club level tickets, mostly HAWK fans who had come down from Seattle. It was a holiday after all. This 9er fan who kinda snuck in to club level in 3rd quarter past security who did not even care looked around for someone to high-five and it was ALL HAWK FANS.

Jed York for those failed seasons had tried to resurrect the brand by putting every Hawk loss on the Jumbotron. I'm sure he was not happy with all the HAWK fans that took over.

So nah. It's gonna take more than a season or two of losing for York to purge KS, whom he likes, and JL, whom he likes, especially as these two men pretty much resurrected the franchise both record-wise and PR wise.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: 49ers sign new 6 year deal with HC KS
Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:36 am
  • Cool. 6 more years of choking when the games get too big for him. :2thumbs:
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Go Hawks. The only team that matters. Especially on a SEAHAWKS site. :2thumbs:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:59 am
  • 1 year for every 7.6 points his offenses have been outscored by in the 4th quarter and overtime of the Super Bowl.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Go Hawks. The only team that matters. Especially on a SEAHAWKS site. :2thumbs:

It's the NFL forum. Some like to talk about more than just the Seahawks.

Smart move by 9ers. KS now the new big thing.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:13 am
  • I realize that, sarcasm. We need some laughs these days.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:37 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:Cool. 6 more years of choking when the games get too big for him. :2thumbs:

Grizzly Adams!

I just saw the American Peckers episode where they bought that cool picture of him, a table he carved, and a giant door.

The guy's physical stature has regressed. I feel for him, the spine is a fickle b!@ch when it gets old, and you start losing height as well as flexibility.

Now, let's figure out Kyle, and spank his bottom for the next 6 years. :stirthepot:
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:02 am
  • Wait Grizzly Adams is still with us? Learn something new every day I guess.

Look, KS is young. So is JL. They come as a package.

For the first couple years, the team sucked under them. Two consecutive losing seasons. They got JG but he got hurt. That was the messaging passed out to 49er fans who no longer blamed York for the dismal games. KS/JL said the team would get better as JG progressed, which it has and it's not just or primarily JG. The role of Kittle and the 49ers defense cannot be understated here and the credit for that also goes to KS/JL.

They'd have to be almost like the Lions to get bounced. And the Lions have sucked forever.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• ivotuk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Cool. 6 more years of choking when the games get too big for him. :2thumbs:

Grizzly Adams!

I just saw the American Peckers episode where they bought that cool picture of him, a table he carved, and a giant door.

The guy's physical stature has regressed. I feel for him, the spine is a fickle b!@ch when it gets old, and you start losing height as well as flexibility.

Now, let's figure out Kyle, and spank his bottom for the next 6 years. :stirthepot:

Loved the show as a kid.
    Just ran across the pic and thought it was cool.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Hmm Niners Deebo Samuel broke his foot and is not expected to be available.

Rapaport goes into Josh Gordon too.

SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:02 am

Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:16 pm
  • hawkpride wrote:Off topic I know, but I hate misinformation spread.
    Dan Haggerty AKA: Grizzly Adams died 1/15/16.

https://www.latimes.com/local/obituarie ... story.html

True, sadly Dan is no longer with us.
    I haven’t seen the show since I was a kid, so I don’t know if it still holds up.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Well you know how this works typically, initial surge, level out, York gets pissy because of loss of limelight, fires successful coach.

York hasn't been pissing people off for years. He has more or less regressed into kinda "normal owner" mode leaving KS and JL to do the day-to-day diplomacy.

From all indications with Harbaugh, from early on he rankled York. He wouldn't go to the 49ers promo things around Levi's, he'd tell press they were silly, so as soon as York saw diminishing results he just decided to try someone else.

Multiple disastrous seasons followed further discrediting York. The fans were literally batting around large phallic shaped toys with F York on them. It got to the point where fans were refusing to go and dumping their tickets on Stubhub for near face value. You should have seen it on 1/1/2017. Got on VTA, 70 percent HAWK fans. The stadium, sweet club level tickets, mostly HAWK fans who had come down from Seattle. It was a holiday after all. This 9er fan who kinda snuck in to club level in 3rd quarter past security who did not even care looked around for someone to high-five and it was ALL HAWK FANS.

Jed York for those failed seasons had tried to resurrect the brand by putting every Hawk loss on the Jumbotron. I'm sure he was not happy with all the HAWK fans that took over.

So nah. It's gonna take more than a season or two of losing for York to purge KS, whom he likes, and JL, whom he likes, especially as these two men pretty much resurrected the franchise both record-wise and PR wise.

It's a good thing that that meaningless week 17 game got York so pissed he finally took corrective action that he failed to do following Thanksgiving a few years prior.

Hawks finally did the Niners a solid. :irishdrinkers:
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:Wait Grizzly Adams is still with us? Learn something new every day I guess.

Look, KS is young. So is JL. They come as a package.

For the first couple years, the team sucked under them. Two consecutive losing seasons. They got JG but he got hurt. That was the messaging passed out to 49er fans who no longer blamed York for the dismal games. KS/JL said the team would get better as JG progressed, which it has and it's not just or primarily JG. The role of Kittle and the 49ers defense cannot be understated here and the credit for that also goes to KS/JL.

They'd have to be almost like the Lions to get bounced. And the Lions have sucked forever.

Kittle I'm told will make a lot of money which will hurt the 49ers cap. Defenses historically cannot last forever.

By virtue of those two facts, it falls on the QB.

I hear Alex Smith is maybe available? We've got better coaching this time around.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:09 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information