Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warford cut

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Warford cut
Fri May 08, 2020 4:32 pm
  • Well if we can't get Clowney.. lets get this guy... if we can.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2824
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:52 pm


Re: Warford cut
Sat May 09, 2020 10:50 am
  • Bobblehead wrote:Well if we can't get Clowney.. lets get this guy... if we can.

    Why? You see that we have some cap space and want to use it up as quickly as possible. Our cap usage is already heavily tilted to the offensive side of the ball. Why add a guy to a position group that already has plenty of competition at a position that we just drafted for? At a certain point we (fans and coaches) should start giving some of the young drafted and internally developed guys a chance to play rather than constantly bringing in veteran band-aids.
    Sun Tzu
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 246
    Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:45 am
    Location: Corvallis


Re: Warford cut
Sat May 09, 2020 6:09 pm
  • Sun Tzu wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:Well if we can't get Clowney.. lets get this guy... if we can.

    Why? You see that we have some cap space and want to use it up as quickly as possible. Our cap usage is already heavily tilted to the offensive side of the ball. Why add a guy to a position group that already has plenty of competition at a position that we just drafted for? At a certain point we (fans and coaches) should start giving some of the young drafted and internally developed guys a chance to play rather than constantly bringing in veteran band-aids.


    In most cases I would agree. However, we're talking about a player who has been a pro-bowler for past 3 seasons. Iupati is penciled in as the starting LG at the moment not some young guys. if that's the case, Warford > Iupati. The left side of the Seahawk OL would be really tough. Almost Jones-Hutch tough...almost. Dump Iupati and Hollister. Plenty of room left to add Clowney/Griffen and Warford.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter
     
    Posts: 7748
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:10 pm
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Warford cut
Sun May 10, 2020 2:49 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    Sun Tzu wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:Well if we can't get Clowney.. lets get this guy... if we can.

    Why? You see that we have some cap space and want to use it up as quickly as possible. Our cap usage is already heavily tilted to the offensive side of the ball. Why add a guy to a position group that already has plenty of competition at a position that we just drafted for? At a certain point we (fans and coaches) should start giving some of the young drafted and internally developed guys a chance to play rather than constantly bringing in veteran band-aids.


    In most cases I would agree. However, we're talking about a player who has been a pro-bowler for past 3 seasons. Iupati is penciled in as the starting LG at the moment not some young guys. if that's the case, Warford > Iupati. The left side of the Seahawk OL would be really tough. Almost Jones-Hutch tough...almost. Dump Iupati and Hollister. Plenty of room left to add Clowney/Griffen and Warford.

    How much cap space will be left?I don't think we even have enough now.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5454
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: Warford cut
Sun May 10, 2020 3:24 pm
  • Ouch, it'd be nice to have that Warmack and Iupati money now.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6026
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:20 pm
    Location: UT




It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:03 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 98 guests