Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone worried there won't be a season?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Anyone worried there won't be a season?
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:25 am
  • I keep wondering, provided no vaccine is imminent, is how having coronavirus floating around in the fall will affect how the league runs?

    Do we have games with no fans? Play in remote stadiums? Are players and coaches forced to practice with social distancing and daily fever/swab tests? What happens if a team gets a number of cases and can't field 53 because of quarantined players? Will they alter salary cap considerations for players sidelined by COVID19.

    Granted by summer we will have antibody tests to identify the presumed immune, but if only 10-20% of players and coaches have antibodies, the rest will need some consideration to protect them.

    I suspect we will have a season but it's going to be drastically different than normal. College football on the other hand could be entirely cancelled if all universities open up in a virtual world.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1802
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:12 am


  • I'm not worried yet, but I do think there is a strong possibility it either starts late or they have games w/out fans for awhile. Sounds like the schedule comes out May 9th. John Clayton said the rumblings he heard was that the Sept schedule will be heavily loaded with NON divisional games. That way IF the season starts late, they could have a 12 game season but not lose the divisional games.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15481
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • At this juncture ; if a few big name players come down with the virus this summer ; the NFL will suspend the 2020 season . NFL stars that get sick will sack the season .IMO
    xray
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3051
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:29 am
    Location: AZ


  • There will be. Just no fans can attend or itll be every 3 or 4 seats to maintain social distancing. Imagine the ticket prices!
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 9781
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


  • I’m thinking it starts a couple of weeks or a month late.
    Also starting out with no fans.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 29427
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • I have no problem with pushing out the start date. But it will NOT be cancelled.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15481
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Cyrus12 wrote:There will be. Just no fans can attend or itll be every 3 or 4 seats to maintain social distancing. Imagine the ticket prices!


    I keep wondering how limited fans would work. I have two seats side by side and have little interest in making the drive down by myself. And how do you manage the washrooms? That's a cesspool of germs. You'd have to shut down beer sales to just keep people from having to take a whizz.

    I'm personally game for them to play off site in front of no fans in towns with few infections but big stadiums. But I would hope my season tickets would be refunded or carried over to the 2021 season.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1802
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:12 am


  • Mad Dog wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:There will be. Just no fans can attend or itll be every 3 or 4 seats to maintain social distancing. Imagine the ticket prices!


    I keep wondering how limited fans would work. I have two seats side by side and have little interest in making the drive down by myself. And how do you manage the washrooms? That's a cesspool of germs. You'd have to shut down beer sales to just keep people from having to take a whizz.

    I'm personally game for them to play off site in front of no fans in towns with few infections but big stadiums. But I would hope my season tickets would be refunded or carried over to the 2021 season.

    Or sell them on the secondary market for that season as prices would be inflated more than normal. People will pay...
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 9781
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


  • Well, selling for over face is lame. Also, you are taking a huge risk by just selling to some random fan. If they get in a fight or whatever at your seat, you can lose your season tickets. It happens all the time.
    Sell for FACE to a friend if you have an extra, just my own opinion.
    Having the option of carrying over a credit from 2020 towards your 2021 seems to be a very likely scenario for people. IF they decide to spread out the seating, I'm sure many people won't go. Who wants to go to the game alone? No thx.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15481
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • There's going to have to be significant improvement in testing before players can even hit the field without fans. There's too many players and staff and transportation involved in too many locales. There are no treatments for the disease. It's not just about the fatality concerns here; there are people coming out of it with significant long term health problems.

    I won't be surprised if they try to start on time with no fans, but I also won't be surprised if the season gets straight up cancelled. I know the NBA keeps holding on but I can't see how that works out.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2547
    Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:56 pm


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Well, selling for over face is lame. Also, you are taking a huge risk by just selling to some random fan. If they get in a fight or whatever at your seat, you can lose your season tickets. It happens all the time.
    Sell for FACE to a friend if you have an extra, just my own opinion.
    Having the option of carrying over a credit from 2020 towards your 2021 seems to be a very likely scenario for people. IF they decide to spread out the seating, I'm sure many people won't go. Who wants to go to the game alone? No thx.


    Well I wish all had that attitude as I have never even come close to paying face value for hawks tix.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 9781
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


  • I don't see it starting before October based on what Newsom said this month.

    He said there would be no games until Thanksgiving. Could he be persuaded by August to let them play without fans? It's a possibility. Maybe. We still get a thousand new cases in Cali a day. The first NFL player testing positive was for the Rams. Taylor Swift has already canceled her opening concert for Sofi. In fact events into late July are getting canceled all over.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5176
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am


  • I don't see it starting before October based on what Newsom said this month.

    He said there would be no games until Thanksgiving. Could he be persuaded by August to let them play without fans? It's a possibility. Maybe. We still get a thousand new cases in Cali a day. The first NFL player testing positive was for the Rams. Taylor Swift has already canceled her opening concert for Sofi. In fact events into late July are getting canceled all over.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5176
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am




It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online