5 teams are tied for the best record in the league.

Maulbert

Reaction score
49ers, Patriots, Ravens, Saints, Seahawks. All 10-2. When was the last time that happened going into week 14? Usually, at least one team has separated from the pack, record-wise. But the #1 seed is solidly in play for both conferences, and the Bills and Packers are both only one game back. Just crazy.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Maulbert":2xa8d4l5 said:
49ers, Patriots, Ravens, Saints, Seahawks. All 10-2. When was the last time that happened going into week 14? Usually, at least one team has separated from the pack, record-wise. But the #1 seed is solidly in play for both conferences, and the Bills and Packers are both only one game back. Just crazy.

I think the league is unusually top heavy this year with multiple teams with outstanding records at this point in the season. Usually you would have 2 teams like this. But not as many as this year. It is quite rare but interesting to see.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I do like how pundits are so quick to be obvious on who the best team is. Some show last night/this morning was still talking as if the 9ers are the best team in the NFC. I'm, hello. 5 seed.

rlkats

Reaction score
HawkGA":1ocq4047 said:
I do like how pundits are so quick to be obvious on who the best team is. Some show last night/this morning was still talking as if the 9ers are the best team in the NFC. I'm, hello. 5 seed.

Ya 5 seed with a 10-2 record. I'm hello Hawks are 2 seed with a 10-2 record. So your point? Bottom line there is no clear cut NFC best team. There are a few really damn good ones.

pmedic920

Reaction score
rlkats":19fech23 said:
HawkGA":19fech23 said:

Ya 5 seed with a 10-2 record. I'm hello Hawks are 2 seed with a 10-2 record. So your point? Bottom line there is no clear cut NFC best team. There are a few really damn good ones.

The point is, and it should be obvious, this is SEAHAWKS .net.
We are biased “up in here”.
You can’t/shouldn’t expect it to be any other way.

rlkats

Reaction score
pmedic920":34z6zpzp said:
rlkats":34z6zpzp said:
HawkGA":34z6zpzp said:

Haha yes sir.

But we all know who the best is.

NINERS

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
rlkats":3sx9mvvn said:
pmedic920":3sx9mvvn said:
rlkats":3sx9mvvn said:
HawkGA":3sx9mvvn said:

Haha yes sir.

NINERS

LOL. Seriously, though, odds are high it's gonna be a push in Week 17 that'll probably come down to the kicker.

I'd be extremely surprised, after Monday, to see Chase McLaughlin released between now and then.

rlkats

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":ou0p9x97 said:
rlkats":ou0p9x97 said:
pmedic920":ou0p9x97 said:
rlkats":ou0p9x97 said:

Haha yes sir.

NINERS

LOL. Seriously, though, odds are high it's gonna be a push in Week 17 that'll probably come down to the kicker.

I'd be extremely surprised, after Monday, to see Chase McLaughlin released between now and then.

Man our kicking situation is in bad shape and to lose 2 games by a field goal SUCKS. I think Gould is failing on purpose, this way we cut him and he goes back to Chicago with cash. Arsehole

Largent80

Reaction score
Unfortunately the Hawks gave the Saints that game otherwise they are #1. 4 games left to decide it, it's wide open.

94Smith

Reaction score
1 or 2 for the Hawks is pretty good. It's not like your road record sucks!

Marvin49

Reaction score
rlkats":oukxo21h said:
SantaClaraHawk":oukxo21h said:
rlkats":oukxo21h said:
pmedic920":oukxo21h said:

Haha yes sir.

NINERS

Man our kicking situation is in bad shape and to lose 2 games by a field goal SUCKS. I think Gould is failing on purpose, this way we cut him and he goes back to Chicago with cash. Arsehole

uh, no. :D

Honestly early on there were a ton of snapper adn holder issues and on Sunday the kick was tipped.

I think its much hubbub over nothing.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":2gy96g4a said:
Unfortunately the Hawks gave the Saints that game otherwise they are #1. 4 games left to decide it, it's wide open.

Yeah, its gonna come down to the wire.

Niners could conceivably have head to head tie breakers and a better record than the 1 and 3 seeds but be a 5 seed. Sigh.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":14541fbe said:
Largent80":14541fbe said:

Niners could conceivably have more wins, head to head tie breakers and a better record than the 1 and 3 seeds but be a 5 seed. Sigh.

Uh, it's impossible for a team to have a better record than the #1 seed and be a #5 seed.

sutz

Reaction score
Maulbert":26m128hd said:
Marvin49":26m128hd said:
Largent80":26m128hd said:

Niners could conceivably have more wins, head to head tie breakers and a better record than the 1 and 3 seeds but be a 5 seed. Sigh.

Uh, it's impossible for a team to have a better record than the #1 seed and be a #5 seed.
Maths are hard. :laugh:

rlkats

Reaction score
Marvin49":3ojs0oyh said:
rlkats":3ojs0oyh said:
SantaClaraHawk":3ojs0oyh said:
rlkats":3ojs0oyh said:
Haha yes sir.

NINERS

uh, no. :D

Honestly early on there were a ton of snapper adn holder issues and on Sunday the kick was tipped.

I think its much hubbub over nothing.

I hope so. I'm just remembering a shanked field goal and a short field goal that gave us 2 loses. Not including the missed ones earlier in the season.

sutz

Reaction score
Largent80":3pn1l9yb said:
Both of our losses had heavy doses of us assisting the other guys. :229031_shrug:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
94Smith":3k6l7ko0 said:
1 or 2 for the Hawks is pretty good. It's not like your road record sucks!
Good point. The number one seed though gives you HFA. While it’s not automatic, every time Seattle has had the number one seed they’ve gone to the Super Bowl, all 3 times.

chris98251

Reaction score
sutz":3gypqbpd said:
Largent80":3gypqbpd said:
Both of our losses had heavy doses of us assisting the other guys. :229031_shrug:

Hell our wins we gave plenty of assists as well.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Right now out of the five teams the Seahawks have the hardest strength of schedule. Should be interesting to see how that holds by the end of the year.

What's really weird is I would have assumed that the Seahawks would have the worst strength of victory, but the 49ers and Patriots are worse.

xray

Reaction score
Records at this point only determine seeding in post season . Once that is determined and the playoffs begin ; those records are inconsequential ; because it's a like a " new season " but with a loser elimination platform . I love the " sudden death " atmosphere of the playoffs . :0190l: