Jacoby Brissett gets 2 years, $30 million from Colts.

pehawk

Reaction score
That's about a quarter mill for every sack he'll take.

pehawk

Reaction score
And while I'm not as high on Jacoby as most, I think the immediate reaction that this deal is bad is premature.

First, we don't know the full makeup of the deal. Maybe that's mostly incentives?

Second, chances are he'll have a good year simply because Reich is WAAAAAYYY better than anyone knew. What he did with Luck the 1st half of the year, hiding his depleted arm strength and calling quick reads, was pretty genius. They also have a mauling line that'll mask Jacoby's flaws as well as they did Luck's early last season. So, chances are Jacoby would come out of next season as a coveted QB, driving up his price.

chris98251

Reaction score
pehawk":nh2y2hh2 said:
And while I'm not as high on Jacoby as most, I think the immediate reaction that this deal as bad is premature.

First, we don't know the full makeup of the deal. Maybe that's mostly incentives?

Second, chances are he'll have a good year simply because Reich is WAAAAAYYY better than anyone knew. What he did with Luck the 1st half of the year, hiding his depleted arm strength and calling quick reads, was pretty genius. They also have a mauling line that'll mask Jacoby's flaws as well as they did Luck's early last season. So, chances are Jacoby would come out of next season as a coveted QB, driving up his price.

Given that he has been the QB that has stepped in for Luck the last few years and had success and the players and team support him he has kind of earned it by default . They would not allow him to look for a team when look came back after proving himself so this really is a reward for him not making a fuss and working hard.

Besides he has done well and won consistently in substituting for Luck also.

pehawk

Reaction score
Has he won? Maybe...doesn't feel like it though.

pehawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":2lo7qqsu said:
chris98251":2lo7qqsu said:
Besides he has done well and won consistently in substituting for Luck also.

pehawk":2lo7qqsu said:
Has he won? Maybe...doesn't feel like it though.

He has not. He's 5-12 all-time as a starter, 4-11 with the Colts.

Thank you, sir. That what I figured.

His main flaw is sacks because dude loves holding on to the ball. I'm sure Reich can fix that schematically. If not? Eeeehhhh, it's a horrible deal.

Threedee

Reaction score
I think the Colts are happy to have a mobile quarterback after killing-off Luck. They can feel better about themselves, as they move into the future and look for the next guy. It's nothing substantive, that feeling, but, it makes coming to the office a bit easier.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
McGruff":38y07368 said:
15 million is cheap for a starting quarterback.

Yeah. It seems like people are living in the 90's with stuff like this. 15 a year sets him as the lowest paid starting QB aside from those on a rookie contract.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
While Brissett doesn't cash in as the likes of Russell Wilson ($35M AAV) and Carson Wentz ($32M) did this offseason, the Colts signal-caller at least received a second contract, and a lucrative one at that. Though he ranks 19th among quarterbacks in average annual value in 2019 at $15 million per, Brissett is offered the opportunity with this contract to ensure himself the starting role in Indy for years to come and eventually cash in on a $30M-plus-per-year deal in the near future.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... m-contract

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
McGruff":2hg5o1jq said:

He's only starting because he happened to be the next guy in line. Players are paid mostly based on how replaceable their talents are... and from my vantage point Brisset is an extremely replaceable guy.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2oiyhyqs said:
McGruff":2oiyhyqs said:

He's only starting because he happened to be the next guy in line. Players are paid mostly based on how replaceable their talents are... and from my vantage point Brisset is an extremely replaceable guy.

I'd personally feel more comfortable with either Tyrod Taylor or Brian Hoyer.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Threedee":3rqljanz said:
I think the Colts are happy to have a mobile quarterback after killing-off Luck. They can feel better about themselves, as they move into the future and look for the next guy. It's nothing substantive, that feeling, but, it makes coming to the office a bit easier.
I disagree on the killing off part..He killed himself off by
snowboarding in the first place.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Saw somebody's list for MVP and Jacoby was something like 4th. RW nowhere to be seen.

HawkGA

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3m51bj26 said:
HawkGA":3m51bj26 said:
Saw somebody's list for MVP and Jacoby was something like 4th. RW nowhere to be seen.

Sounds like someone trolling

I wanna say it was Peter King because I'm not sure who else makes a list like that that I would have read. I'll see if I can find it.

Latest posts