Rob Gronkowski Shows Off Significant Weight Loss Since Retir

ivotuk

Reaction score
Rob Gronkowski Shows Off Significant Weight Loss Since Retiring From the NFL

he retired tight end appears to have lost a significant amount of weight in just a couple of months, including those jacked, trademark muscles. The physical difference looked all the more drastic due to Gronkowski's height: he's a staggering 6'6.

https://www.menshealth.com/weight-loss/ ... etirement/

[instagram]BzQ45teJvVv[/instagram]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cliff Avril's talked about this quite a bit on his show since retiring, he says people are always asking him now why he's so skinny.

He says he's not skinny, he's finally a normal healthy weight and not consuming 10,000 calories a day in order to maintain NFL size and muscle mass.

I don't think most fans realize the dietary regimen these guys go through on a daily basis, it's insane.

https://qz.com/1196636/how-many-calorie ... -cheetahs/

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ztbomvw said:
Probably that and getting off of HGH. :stirthepot:
The moment I saw that pic (a few days back in the news, prior to here), I thought "I bet he just stopped taking the 'roids."

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":16s2tjll said:
Sports Hernia":16s2tjll said:
Probably that and getting off of HGH. :stirthepot:
The moment I saw that pic (a few days back in the news, prior to here), I thought "I bet he just stopped taking the 'roids."
That picture of Gronk reminded me of the year baseball player Pudge Rodriguez had an MVP type season for the Texas Rangers, he was literally built like a brick sh*thouse. His muscles had muscles. The next year after having a career year, he looked much like the recent pictures of Gronk, hardly any muscle mass left.

Now Why would he change anything after having such a great year? He (a catcher) said he wanted to be more flexible and gain SPEED....... the real reason for his body change over 1 off season was MLB was going to start testing for steroids the following year.

Now don’t get me wrong, I am 100% sure SGT Largent is DEAD ON about the diet and nutrition factor in this, I just don’t believe it’s the ONLY factor.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
gZwwEbQS

Since it seems he lost a fair amount of muscle in a short period of time, there are many comments on my Twitter timeline regarding a potential use of performance enhancing drugs during his career.

But that is far from the only explanation.

Certainly, that is among the thoughts that leap to mind. But in my opinion, one cannot conclude Gronk "getting off the juice" is the reason he no longer looks superhuman.

Let's not forget that Gronk never failed a PED test.

The testing for PEDs is rigorous with a minimum five players on each team randomly tested after every game.

Unlike the test for substances of abuse, which is only once a year and has been referred to as an "intelligence" test since it can be relatively easy to evade getting caught, the chances of getting caught using PEDs over a season are high — and astronomically high over the course of a nine-year NFL career.

https://www.mcall.com/pro-football-doc- ... story.html

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Honestly, this is probably why he was injured all the time. The guy was playing way above his ideal weight.

mrt144

Reaction score
I went through this. I decided in my mid 20s I wanted to be strong. Like strong as a ox for a 5'9" dude. So I ate and ate and lifted and lifted and got to be 215 lbs myself and able to deadlift and squat at least twice that.

Then I decided, "im a bit thick" and scaled way back. Now Im 145 lbs and much weaker but without all the associated aches and pains from carrying 215 on that frame. But I still exercise and lift a bit just to stay limber. I think this is a good thing for Gronk.

knownone

Reaction score
This looks pretty normal for a guy who suddenly stopped lifting weights and eating too much.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
So also in that vein, Joe Thomas dropped some weight, but looks healthy. He stopped eating so much "You’re just eating until you feel sick at every meal. And that’s not healthy long term." and went with healthier food. Dude looks phenomenal!

How NFL Legend Joe Thomas Dropped 50 Pounds After Retirement

The future Hall of Fame offensive lineman looks like an entirely different person.

Hworld 010 1562086650crop0536xw0604xh00

https://www.menshealth.com/weight-loss/ ... ight-loss/

olyfan63

Reaction score
mrt144":2q1ejpi8 said:
I went through this. I decided in my mid 20s I wanted to be strong. Like strong as a ox for a 5'9" dude. So I ate and ate and lifted and lifted and got to be 215 lbs myself and able to deadlift and squat at least twice that.

Then I decided, "im a bit thick" and scaled way back. Now Im 145 lbs and much weaker but without all the associated aches and pains from carrying 215 on that frame. But I still exercise and lift a bit just to stay limber. I think this is a good thing for Gronk.

People dog Brian Bosworth as a Seahawk all the time, but this is pretty much the issue he had. His body wasn't built to carry the bulk of an NFL linebacker. Dude wore size 9 shoes. There was never an effort problem or smarts problem. Selling thousands of "Ban the Boz" T-Shirts to Denver fans? Priceless!