Tom Brady on not being paid the most

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Tom Brady on not being paid the most
Fri May 03, 2019 1:19 pm

Re: Tom Brady on not being paid the most
Fri May 03, 2019 1:45 pm
  • Please see this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=153442

    And here is my response in that thread to the question "Should Russell Wilson Take A Tom Brady Like Deal?"

    Chapow wrote:Sure, and then the Seahawks should just do what the Patriots do with Tom Brady since apparently that's completely fine.

    The Patriots, in an unusual departure from National Football League practice, have created a revenue stream for a private business owned by their franchise quarterback, Tom Brady, and a partner who faced federal sanctions after falsely presenting himself as a medical doctor and deceptively promoting nutritional supplements.


    The NFL says it is aware of the arrangement and has taken no action, despite questions from some specialists in sports law and economics about whether teams should pay for services by for-profit companies owned by their active players and whether the relationship provides value to Brady that should be counted against the club’s salary cap.


    https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015 ... story.html

    Just sign Wilson to a way below market value contract but pay companies he owns for their "goods and services" however much the difference would be between his contract and his actual market value.




    What?

    You all thought Brady was actually playing for far below his market value so that the Patriots would have more money to pay other players, thus making it possible to field a better team and have a better shot a championships out of the goodness of his heart? Or because he cares about winning more than making his full market value?

    :lol:

    Nope. Brady is still getting his. And with this "arrangement" nobody really knows how much he is getting from the Patriots. And apparently the NFL doesn't care.


    Gotta wonder how that would go over with the NFL if the Texans tried pulling that with Watson, or the Chiefs tried it with Mahomes, or the Seahawks tried it with Russ.

    You're right about one thing though, Tom Brady is a very smart man. He's got a lot of people fooled. :2thumbs:
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3164
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:38 pm


Re: Tom Brady on not being paid the most
Fri May 03, 2019 2:00 pm
  • Team player indeed :2thumbs:

    Meanwhile, for the second offseason in a row, Brady has stayed away from the Patriots' voluntary offseason program, instead electing to train on his own and devote time to his family.


    I wonder how this would go over around here if Russ did this?

    Just kidding, I don't wonder that. We all already know.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3164
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:38 pm


Re: Tom Brady on not being paid the most
Fri May 03, 2019 2:16 pm
  • Exactly...….
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12760
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Tom Brady on not being paid the most
Sat May 04, 2019 8:27 am
  • That organization is so corrupt...you guyscdont think Kraft isnt giving Tom something under the table? Free massages for life perhaps?
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 6854
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: Tom Brady on not being paid the most
Thu May 16, 2019 3:29 pm
  • Dang looks like a missed opportunity to me. Now that he patriots have set the precedent couldn't the team have just agreed to purchase a few million dollars worth of Russell's magic bubble water per game and sell it at concessions instead of paying the high salary?
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4293
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:50 am


Re: Tom Brady on not being paid the most
Fri May 17, 2019 12:02 pm
  • I applaud Brady and the Patriots on a way of making the system work to their advantage but I get ill at all the praise Brady gets "for taking less for the good of the team". Gimme a break. A while back, probably when he did his first deal that seemed less than market value I had heard he had a deal with Kraft for a small ownership stake when his playing days were done. If so, between that and the fact that Brady is the only QB out there who has an equal bread-winner in the family he's not making a big sacrifice.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 745
    Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:10 pm


Re: Tom Brady on not being paid the most
Fri May 17, 2019 1:47 pm
  • HawkRiderFan wrote:I applaud Brady and the Patriots on a way of making the system work to their advantage but I get ill at all the praise Brady gets "for taking less for the good of the team". Gimme a break. A while back, probably when he did his first deal that seemed less than market value I had heard he had a deal with Kraft for a small ownership stake when his playing days were done. If so, between that and the fact that Brady is the only QB out there who has an equal bread-winner in the family he's not making a big sacrifice.


    I don't think Ciara does to badly, she had more then just music she is involved with, Modeling, and Clothing also from what I read.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 27826
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Tom Brady on not being paid the most
Fri May 17, 2019 2:49 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    HawkRiderFan wrote:I applaud Brady and the Patriots on a way of making the system work to their advantage but I get ill at all the praise Brady gets "for taking less for the good of the team". Gimme a break. A while back, probably when he did his first deal that seemed less than market value I had heard he had a deal with Kraft for a small ownership stake when his playing days were done. If so, between that and the fact that Brady is the only QB out there who has an equal bread-winner in the family he's not making a big sacrifice.


    I don't think Ciara does to badly, she had more then just music she is involved with, Modeling, and Clothing also from what I read.


    Oh I am sure she does but just saying she's not in Gisele's league.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 745
    Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:10 pm


Re: Tom Brady on not being paid the most
Fri May 17, 2019 10:01 pm
  • Nothing but respect for TB12, best to ever take the field.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1764
    Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:02 pm


Re: Tom Brady on not being paid the most
Sun May 19, 2019 5:46 am
  • CodeWarrior wrote:Nothing but respect for TB12, best to ever take the field.

    I'm not sure he is the best but he does have the most SB's so I understand
    that thinking..I want to say Joe Montana or the "Iron Man"(Favre) but that doesn't
    make it so.I think all three in their own way have a piece of it.
    They all played when the rules didn't make it easy for them..Tom Brady has played
    longer because of the rule changes though..Has a couple more SB's because he has
    lasted long enough..So it's how you see it in your own way I guess.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4631
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: Tom Brady on not being paid the most
Sun May 19, 2019 5:21 pm
  • There have been many QB's that were great, trouble is they may not have had a coach or team around them to show it like Brady has. How Great would Brady be playing for the Cards his whole career.

    Hats off to his accomplishments, but great is something a person gets labeled with because of rings now and not always his true talent.

    Wilson may never be put in the Montana, Brady, Bradshaw category only due to not as many rings.

    But he has put the team on his back and succeeded where most thought he would fail, Marino was considered Great because of his records but he could not carry that team by himself, imagine him on a team like the 49ers with Walsh.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 27826
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Tom Brady on not being paid the most
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:27 am
  • Hawks should have tested the patriots work around by purchasing 50 million worth of Russell’s bubble water while signing him to a lower more cap friendly contract.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4293
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:50 am




It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:32 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online