Kaepernick's grievance netted less than $10 million.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Wow that's a far cry from the huge numbers being thrown out before. Not nearly the black eye that people, myself included, thought it was.

HawkGA

Reaction score
And that's still to be split with Reid, I believe.

sdog1981

Reaction score
If this low payout is true it lends to the notion that Kaepernick did not want the blunt scouting reports regarding his football abilities entered into the public record.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
I just heard Clayton today say they did get 60 mill and kapp netted 10 mill after taxes and fees.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Fudwamper":2svskh3o said:
I just heard Clayton today say they did get 60 mill and kapp netted 10 mill after taxes and fees.
Even with that, pennies on the dollar. All that posturing and kneeling and political BS for what?
Goodbye, annoying eyesore.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Fudwamper":3bd1wg89 said:

It seems like that will be the story for the rest of time "I heard" or "Reported by" nothing really definitive will come out unless someone leaks the severance contract.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":3b583vw1 said:
Fudwamper":3b583vw1 said:
Even with that, pennies on the dollar. All that posturing and kneeling and political BS for what?

For what you ask? How about increased media exposure and a giant contract from Nike and who knows from elsewhere. You think he could of got this attention on playing ability alone?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":1c79d016 said:
Fudwamper":1c79d016 said:

You think kaep did it for money? And the payout wasnt worth the hassle?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
And today, Kaep's lawyer (who also represents Smollett), got busted for shaking down Nike. You can't make this stuff up.

mrt144

Reaction score
bigskydoc":24ysts2s said:
And today, Kaep's lawyer (who also represents Smollett), got busted for shaking down Nike. You can't make this stuff up.

Avenatti is an ambulance chaser's ambulance chaser. Sometimes he bites the tire, sometime the tire bites him.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
mrt144":bx943bab said:
bigskydoc":bx943bab said:

Avenatti is an ambulance chaser's ambulance chaser. Sometimes he bites the tire, sometime the tire bites him.

Not making any political statements, but I thought Avenatti was slimy from day 1.

Edit- Avenatti is not representing Kaepernick or Smollett, however, Mark Geragos, who is representing them, was charged as a co-conspirator with Avenatti.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Uncle Si":25n5tr3q said:
MD5eahawks":25n5tr3q said:
Fudwamper":25n5tr3q said:

He certainly didn't do it for a cause. His cause was BS. The whole damn thing was BS. He would've made a lot more money just pretending to look like a QB. No, the payout wasn't worth the hassle. What did he actually accomplish? NOTHING.
Ask yourself if anything is different because of him.

Osprey

Reaction score
I still contend THIS was his primary motivation, everything else was window dressing:

[instagram]Burp4QyhYDW[/instagram]

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Osprey":1xw8wuu3 said:
I still contend THIS was his primary motivation, everything else was window dressing:

Who is that?

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":378cxq3l said:
Osprey":378cxq3l said:

Who is that?

Kaepernick's 'socially conscious' girlfriend. He started dating her right before he started protesting and wearing stupid clothes.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":3akvibhh said:
Uncle Si":3akvibhh said:
MD5eahawks":3akvibhh said:
Fudwamper":3akvibhh said:

He certainly didn't do it for a cause. His cause was BS. The whole damn thing was BS. He would've made a lot more money just pretending to look like a QB. No, the payout wasn't worth the hassle. What did he actually accomplish? NOTHING.
Ask yourself if anything is different because of him.

Who cares if anything is different?
You think all who choose to be activists see a change?

The cause may be BS to you. It wasnt to a lot of NFL players and you have no idea what it was for Kaep.