Kaepernick's grievance netted less than $10 million.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• Wow that's a far cry from the huge numbers being thrown out before. Not nearly the black eye that people, myself included, thought it was.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• And that's still to be split with Reid, I believe.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• That also according to clayton isn't including lawyers fees so maybe 1 or 2 mil a piece if that
    hawxfreak
    NET Veteran

• If this low payout is true it lends to the notion that Kaepernick did not want the blunt scouting reports regarding his football abilities entered into the public record.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• I just heard Clayton today say they did get 60 mill and kapp netted 10 mill after taxes and fees.
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran

• Fudwamper wrote:I just heard Clayton today say they did get 60 mill and kapp netted 10 mill after taxes and fees.

Even with that, pennies on the dollar. All that posturing and kneeling and political BS for what?
    Goodbye, annoying eyesore.
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• Fudwamper wrote:I just heard Clayton today say they did get 60 mill and kapp netted 10 mill after taxes and fees.

It seems like that will be the story for the rest of time "I heard" or "Reported by" nothing really definitive will come out unless someone leaks the severance contract.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• MD5eahawks wrote:
    Fudwamper wrote:I just heard Clayton today say they did get 60 mill and kapp netted 10 mill after taxes and fees.

Even with that, pennies on the dollar. All that posturing and kneeling and political BS for what?

For what you ask? How about increased media exposure and a giant contract from Nike and who knows from elsewhere. You think he could of got this attention on playing ability alone?
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• MD5eahawks wrote:
    Fudwamper wrote:I just heard Clayton today say they did get 60 mill and kapp netted 10 mill after taxes and fees.

You think kaep did it for money? And the payout wasnt worth the hassle?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• And today, Kaep's lawyer (who also represents Smollett), got busted for shaking down Nike. You can't make this stuff up.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

• bigskydoc wrote:And today, Kaep's lawyer (who also represents Smollett), got busted for shaking down Nike. You can't make this stuff up.

Avenatti is an ambulance chaser's ambulance chaser. Sometimes he bites the tire, sometime the tire bites him.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• mrt144 wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:And today, Kaep's lawyer (who also represents Smollett), got busted for shaking down Nike. You can't make this stuff up.

Avenatti is an ambulance chaser's ambulance chaser. Sometimes he bites the tire, sometime the tire bites him.

Not making any political statements, but I thought Avenatti was slimy from day 1.

Edit- Avenatti is not representing Kaepernick or Smollett, however, Mark Geragos, who is representing them, was charged as a co-conspirator with Avenatti.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• I was referring to Geragos
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

• bigskydoc wrote:I was referring to Geragos

I was just clarifying after mrt144's post, and my response. I assumed you meant Geragos after I read the headline.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:
    MD5eahawks wrote:

He certainly didn't do it for a cause. His cause was BS. The whole damn thing was BS. He would've made a lot more money just pretending to look like a QB. No, the payout wasn't worth the hassle. What did he actually accomplish? NOTHING.
    Ask yourself if anything is different because of him.
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• I still contend THIS was his primary motivation, everything else was window dressing:

Osprey
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Osprey wrote:I still contend THIS was his primary motivation, everything else was window dressing:

Who is that?
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• MD5eahawks wrote:
    Osprey wrote:I still contend THIS was his primary motivation, everything else was window dressing:

Who is that?

Kaepernick's 'socially conscious' girlfriend. He started dating her right before he started protesting and wearing stupid clothes.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• MD5eahawks wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    MD5eahawks wrote:

He certainly didn't do it for a cause. His cause was BS. The whole damn thing was BS. He would've made a lot more money just pretending to look like a QB. No, the payout wasn't worth the hassle. What did he actually accomplish? NOTHING.
    Ask yourself if anything is different because of him.

Who cares if anything is different?
    You think all who choose to be activists see a change?

The cause may be BS to you. It wasnt to a lot of NFL players and you have no idea what it was for Kaep.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• People have acted like Kaep is Satan or something. He's not out beating women or getting busted for drugs etc. He stood for something, and he clearly made his point. And with the $ he is making on endorsements, he is doing just fine. I stand for the anthem, but people have a right to do what they want to, regardless if we agree or not. And all these people who are "boycotting the NFL" because a few players took a knee? Settle Down Beavis...….
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• You may as well lock or delete this entire thread if you think erasing a few posts will keep it from going political. It went political the moment his name was typed into title. He hasn't been on an NFL team in over 2 years.
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• MD5eahawks wrote:You may as well lock or delete this entire thread if you think erasing a few posts will keep it from going political. It went political the moment his name was typed into title. He hasn't been on an NFL team in over 2 years.

Try your best anyways
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Osprey wrote:I still contend THIS was his primary motivation, everything else was window dressing:

\
    NAILED IT!
    This was his motivation from day1.
    Just like 90% of all males in America.
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• I find it pretty easy to believe that he actually thinks that black people aren't being treated fairly by law enforcement officers in this country and that he actually cares about that and would like to see some change.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:I find it pretty easy to believe that he actually thinks that black people aren't being treated fairly by law enforcement officers in this country and that he actually cares about that and would like to see some change.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:2thumbs:

(cleverly written too to sidestep the poop storm of stuff we can't talk about -- it's about us believing if he believes, not the ultimate veracity of his beliefs, which are not allowed)
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• #7tormsComing
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

• hawxfreak wrote:That also according to clayton isn't including lawyers fees so maybe 1 or 2 mil a piece if that
    um ...I think you mean maybe one or two million left after lawyers fee's?
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• Still a pretty lucrative grift if you can pull it off like that.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:Still a pretty lucrative grift if you can pull it off like that.

Lucrative and wholly inefficient compared to the alternative.

It's like the recent 2 Billion dollar settlement against Monsato out of Oakland - Are we to believe that suing Monsato for Roundup's known carcinogenic properties (which they buried) is lucrative for the plaintiffs that got cancer? Sure.

Does it being lucrative debase the plaintiff's claim of harm and is cancer not really an issue here?

To tie this back to Kaep, one who dismisses the righteousness out of hand and elevates the lucrative incentive position is verily too cynical to consider. One can consider the claim of impairment as lacking legal merit. But the hanging the claim solely on a cynical projection of motivation is not a compelling one.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• Popeyejones wrote:
    Chapow wrote:I find it pretty easy to believe that he actually thinks that black people aren't being treated fairly by law enforcement officers in this country and that he actually cares about that and would like to see some change.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:2thumbs:

(cleverly written too to sidestep the poop storm of stuff we can't talk about -- it's about us believing if he believes, not the ultimate veracity of his beliefs, which are not allowed)

If Kaep had any impact in keeping STUPID Malik McDowell from being shot and killed in his Februarly cop altercation, then I suppose he can claim a degree of success. Watch the video...
    https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/09/malik-mc ... ane-video/

Seemed to me a lot of people might wind up dead in that situation McDowell created, regardless of skin color.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• mrt144 wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:Still a pretty lucrative grift if you can pull it off like that.

It's like the recent 2 Billion dollar settlement against Monsato out of Oakland - Are we to believe that suing Monsato for Roundup's known carcinogenic properties (which they buried) is lucrative for the plaintiffs that got cancer? Sure.

Does it being lucrative debase the plaintiff's claim of harm and is cancer not really an issue here?

To tie this back to Kaep, one who dismisses the righteousness out of hand and elevates the lucrative incentive position is verily too cynical to consider. One can consider the claim of impairment as lacking legal merit. But the hanging the claim solely on a cynical projection of motivation is not a compelling one.

I don't dismiss the "righteousness" of anything he says just because I don't like Kaeperpick, personally. I never disliked hm just because he was a Niner. I have come to dislike him, personally, post-career, because he happens to be wrong about stuff and is a POS about it. The only thing useful he has done is show the world the true character of Nike, not as a company to be boycotted, but, as a company to forever be avoided so long as it exists.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

• Threedee wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:Still a pretty lucrative grift if you can pull it off like that.

I don't dismiss the "righteousness" of anything he says just because I don't like Kaeperpick, personally. I never disliked hm just because he was a Niner. I have come to dislike him, personally, post-career, because he happens to be wrong about stuff and is a POS about it. The only thing useful he has done is show the world the true character of Nike, not as a company to be boycotted, but, as a company to forever be avoided so long as it exists.

Why should Nike be avoided? Because they chose a spokesperson you REVILE simply because he has different political views from you?

Let’s not act like you don’t get worked up just thinking about him. Blood pressure rising, all that stuff.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:[Why should Nike be avoided? Because they chose a spokesperson you REVILE simply because he has different political views from you?

Let’s not act like you don’t get worked up just thinking about him. Blood pressure rising, all that stuff.

Choosing a spokesman with bad/incorrect politics is usually a bad idea. I don't allow clowns like Kaeperpick enough time to cause me health problems. Back when he was a failing QB, I had to give him multiple 3-hour stretches of my time per season, and I had no idea he would devolve into such a lowlife. Now, I have no such obligations in my schedule.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

• Threedee wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:[Why should Nike be avoided? Because they chose a spokesperson you REVILE simply because he has different political views from you?

Choosing a spokesman with bad/incorrect politics is usually a bad idea. I don't allow clowns like Kaeperpick enough time to cause me health problems. Back when he was a failing QB, I had to give him multiple 3-hour stretches of my time per season, and I had no idea he would devolve into such a lowlife. Now, I have no such obligations in my schedule.

I’m impressed that you magically know the answers to the subjective questions regarding ethics and polics despite the fact that even the brightest philosphers in history from Aristotle to Kant could not solve those problems and to this day humanity has not found a definitive, objective, scientifically proven series of answers.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• I wish I could score $10 million by pissing an moaning and posturing ; but even if I had a " cause " nobody would listen to me ; because I don't have the down trodden soap box to stand on .
    xray
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information