Bengals plan to interview Hue Jackson for HC

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• lel
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Satisfies the Rooney rule nothing more..if the hire him that franchise should just fold and send aj green our way.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Crizilla wrote:lel

I understand.....Laughing Evillly Lots. :twisted:
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• It's been rumored for a while but now that it's potentially coming true is awesome. I mean, how often do teams take the recommendation from the coach they just fired seriously?
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• So basically Marvin Lewis' parting gift to the Bengals after 16 seasons and no playoff wins is Hue Jackson?

Sounds about right.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• I understand the Rooney Rule and why it’s in place and all that other crap but for crying out loud, they’re either obviously stupid or absolutely stupid. It’s a shane the way teams treat that rule. It has to be the only reason for their consideration of Hue Jackson. I mean, no team can be that stupid, can they?
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• Cyrus12 wrote:Satisfies the Rooney rule nothing more..if the hire him that franchise should just fold and send aj green our way.

Except they've also interviewed Vance Joseph, and also have Eric Bieniemy scheduled, indicating that they're kicking the tires on both Hue AND Vance rather than using them to satisfy that purpose.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• My guess is there just doing out respect for Marvin Lewis.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• I think there's merit behind this. Hue is someone Mike Brown is "comfortable" with. If this does happen.....that would be so Bengals.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• Guys he knows, guys that will be cheap, guys he can control.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• MD5eahawks wrote:I understand the Rooney Rule and why it’s in place and all that other crap but for crying out loud, they’re either obviously stupid or absolutely stupid. It’s a shane the way teams treat that rule. It has to be the only reason for their consideration of Hue Jackson. I mean, no team can be that stupid, can they?

They kept Marvin for 16 years.They can be that stupid
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Seanhawk wrote:So basically Marvin Lewis' parting gift to the Bengals after 16 seasons and no playoff wins is Hue Jackson?

Sounds about right.

I can't think of a more Browns thing to do. Wait, Cincy. Ok, that's definitely an Ohio thing to do.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Can we not assume it's due to Rooney rule whenever a black coach is considered for a head coaching position? Even if you think that's why... is it really necessary to say it? It's kind of disgusting.
    BigMeach
    NET Veteran

• BigMeach wrote:Can we not assume it's due to Rooney rule whenever a black coach is considered for a head coaching position? Even if you think that's why... is it really necessary to say it? It's kind of disgusting.

It's the only logical reason why anyone would interview Hue Jackson.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• BigMeach wrote:Can we not assume it's due to Rooney rule whenever a black coach is considered for a head coaching position? Even if you think that's why... is it really necessary to say it? It's kind of disgusting.

Can you think of any other reason that Hue Jackson would be interviewed? In Hue's case he has shown on a consistent basis that he has no place being an HC in the NFL. I believe he was the quickest coach ever to 50 losses. He is quite possibly the worst HC in NFL history. His merits say that he is a Rooney Rule candidate.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

• Spin Doctor wrote:
    BigMeach wrote:Can we not assume it's due to Rooney rule whenever a black coach is considered for a head coaching position? Even if you think that's why... is it really necessary to say it? It's kind of disgusting.

Can you think of any other reason that Hue Jackson would be interviewed? In Hue's case he has shown on a consistent basis that he has no place being an HC in the NFL. I believe he was the quickest coach ever to 50 losses. He is quite possibly the worst HC in NFL history. His merits say that he is a Rooney Rule candidate.

No, he wasn't, but that's only because he was fired with a record of 11-44-1.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    Spin Doctor wrote:
    BigMeach wrote:Can we not assume it's due to Rooney rule whenever a black coach is considered for a head coaching position? Even if you think that's why... is it really necessary to say it? It's kind of disgusting.

Ah, that is right. Either way, he had a chance at getting that title. He is truly a dismal head coaching candidate.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

• Spin Doctor wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Spin Doctor wrote:

Ah, that is right. Either way, he had a chance at getting that title. He is truly a dismal head coaching candidate.

Can you believe, Gus Bradley was 14-48 as a head coach, and he's only the third worst NFL head coach in the last 10 years? No one challenged Bert Bell as the worst coach in NFL history for 70+ years except Dave Shula, but in the last decade, Bradley, Jackson, and Steve Spagnuolo firmly slot themselves at #'s 2-4.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:34 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information