Stupid Bears

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Stupid Bears
Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:41 pm
  • Coulda rested guys & had Minny at home. Instead they get miracle man Foles next week. I bet Philly goes in there & beats them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Re: Stupid Bears
Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:09 pm
  • James in PA wrote:Coulda rested guys & had Minny at home. Instead they get miracle man Foles next week. I bet Philly goes in there & beats them.

Foles will make this VERY interesting.
    Vesuve
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:17 pm
  • I think Philly is going to win the SB again.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:19 pm
  • Good for us, we get home field advantage in the NFC championship game!
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:06 pm
  • I think the Eagles have that New York Giant magic in them.
    Mizak
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:05 am
  • Hoping for an Eagles upset over the Bears.

Foles hurt his ribs today. It’s 30 degrees and snowing in Chicago.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:36 am
  • So this Sunday we are due for another showing of the cold war classic:

The Eagle and the Bear. Let's hope it turns out the way it did for the cold war.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:43 am
  • I'm pulling for the Eagles. If they win and we win, they go to NO and we go to LA. If they lose and we win, we go to NO.

I'll root for them the following week to because if they were to beat NO and we beat LA, the NFC championship game gets played here is Seattle.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:58 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:I'm pulling for the Eagles. If they win and we win, they go to NO and we go to LA. If they lose and we win, we go to NO.

I'll root for them the following week to because if they were to beat NO and we beat LA, the NFC championship game gets played here is Seattle.

If Eagles and Hawks win out NFCC is at the Clink. I'm rooting for the Eagles all the way until then!
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:28 am
  • Philly isn't even close to the same team they were this time last year, I don't see them making a deep run.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:43 am
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:Philly isn't even close to the same team they were this time last year, I don't see them making a deep run.

Well about four weeks ago, there was no way the Eagles were going to make he playoffs either. Just sayin'
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:33 am
  • Polaris wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:Philly isn't even close to the same team they were this time last year, I don't see them making a deep run.

Well about four weeks ago, there was no way the Eagles were going to make he playoffs either. Just sayin'

True. They did have some big wins there too against the Rams and Texans. Just color me skeptical.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:07 pm
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:Philly isn't even close to the same team they were this time last year, I don't see them making a deep run.

Just deep enough. Go Iggles, right up until the NFC Championship game if it's in Seattle. If it's not, hey, put 'em back in the Super Bowl as far as I'm concerned.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:28 pm
  • If both wild cards can go on the road twice in January and win it would be a minor miracle. Has that ever happened? Especially with Foles hurt now? I think you guys better stock up on your beer and frozen pizza because the chances that you will be watching the NFC championship game at your house 99% plus. Bears defense is also way better at home.
    94Smith
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:36 pm
  • 94Smith wrote:If both wild cards can go on the road twice in January and win it would be a minor miracle. Has that ever happened? Especially with Foles hurt now? I think you guys better stock up on your beer and frozen pizza because the chances that you will be watching the NFC championship game at your house 99% plus. Bears defense is also way better at home.

Leave us our dreams, will ya!

Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:14 pm
  • 94Smith wrote:If both wild cards can go on the road twice in January and win it would be a minor miracle. Has that ever happened? Especially with Foles hurt now? I think you guys better stock up on your beer and frozen pizza because the chances that you will be watching the NFC championship game at your house 99% plus. Bears defense is also way better at home.

And what are the chances it'll be in Santa Clara? Yeah, I'll keep rooting for my Hawks and those damned Eagles. An NFCC at the Clink is what we need.

Go Hawks

Go Russ

Go Pete
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:31 am

Agreed but this one looks somewhat different from previous years where the wild card teams looked inferior.

If Foles can play, the Eagles have a legitimate shot at beating the Bears and even a solid chance against NO.

Seattle is playing pretty good ball right now and have actually performed very well on the road this year. I'm not guaranteeing any victories but I like our chances against Dallas and the Rams.

No doubt it's extremely unlikely but never having happened before has no bearing on if it ever will happen in the future.

Whats also impressive is the AFC wild card teams also look as good as any of the division winners.

It's an interesting year for the playoffs. Should be a lot of fun.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:06 pm
  • I'm thinking people are factoring last year too much into this. I'm pretty sure the Bears are going to curb stomp the Eagles.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:29 pm
  • Was there a reason that Wentz got the starting job over Foles when he won them a SB? It’s a head scratcher for me.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:11 pm
  • 94Smith wrote:If both wild cards can go on the road twice in January and win it would be a minor miracle. Has that ever happened?

Just for clarity (and because I was also curious) Two wildcard teams meeting in one Championship Game has never happened.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:21 am
  • Seahwkgal wrote:Was there a reason that Wentz got the starting job over Foles when he won them a SB? It’s a head scratcher for me.

Wentz actually had a really solid year, though I do think Foles has the "it" factor when the game is on the line. No other back up QB that I'd rather have in the game.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:17 pm

IIRC closest was 4 seed Cardinals and 6 seed Eagles. No way Cards fans thought they'd be hosting the NFCCG that year.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:18 pm
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:I'm thinking people are factoring last year too much into this. I'm pretty sure the Bears are going to curb stomp the Eagles.

That's what I thought we would do to the Falcons last year..
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:52 pm
  • Well, with our wildcard loss to Dallas, I’m even more confident now than I was in my original post: Philly will beat the Bears. It’s just more salt in the wound. We would have gotten the Lambs. And we would have beaten them this time.

Woulda
    Coulda
    Shoulda

:(

James in PA
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:56 pm
  • Stupid, stupid, STOOOOOPID Bears.

*DROPS MIC*

James in PA
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:42 am
  • The_Z_Man wrote:Rams were confident about Chicago, Mitch in the playoffs... at their home, and they don't have the RB's to exploit the main Ram weakness on D.... the inability to stop the run.

Now one of the worst run defense teams in the NFL has to face Ezekiel Elliot..... and one of the better NFL defenses.

Meanwhile, the Saints get the Eagles in the dome.... that's sweet for the Saints, not so much for the Rams.

I don’t know a single Rams fan who wanted to play Chicago instead of Dallas.

I was rooting for the Eagles.

I have to ask: how do you SPEAK FOR THE RAMS?
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:09 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information