McCarthy turned down an interview with the Cardinals.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• Crazy that Wilks only is gonna get 1 year, there defense has been pretty good all year and it's not his fault there starting a rookie with very little talent on offense.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Consider that Bidwell owns the Arizona Cardinals and is considered to be one of the worst owners in football. Enough said.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran

• It wouldn’t be the worst choice they’ve made. I’d set my eyes on Tomlin though. Assuming he gets fired.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• Sox-n-Hawks wrote:It wouldn’t be the worst choice they’ve made. I’d set my eyes on Tomlin though. Assuming he gets fired.

Pittsburgh hasn't fired a head coach in 50 years (literally). They won't fire Tomlin.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• McCarty is over rated. Always got out-coached in big games. I'd welcome him to the NFC West. Just keep Dom Capers away.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:It wouldn’t be the worst choice they’ve made. I’d set my eyes on Tomlin though. Assuming he gets fired.

Pittsburgh hasn't fired a head coach in 50 years (literally). They won't fire Tomlin.

It's also incredible they've only had 3 coaches in 50 years. You'll likely never see that again in any sport in the future.

As for McCarthy, it would make sense for them, perhaps seeking to redo their offense completely. They need a big splash name to try to ignite their fan base.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• He should go to the Browns.
    Mizak
    NET Starter

• Erebus wrote:McCarty is over rated. Always got out-coached in big games. I'd welcome him to the NFC West. Just keep Dom Capers away.

You're scared of Dom Capers?
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• At first I didn’t like the idea. But without Erin he may not be such a success.
    evergreen
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Erebus wrote:McCarty is over rated. Always got out-coached in big games. I'd welcome him to the NFC West. Just keep Dom Capers away.

You're scared of Dom Capers?

Only as a DC. Seems to have Russell Wilson's number.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

• evergreen wrote:At first I didn’t like the idea. But without Erin he may not be such a success.

He was terrible as the offensive coordinator for Alex Smith.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    evergreen wrote:At first I didn’t like the idea. But without Erin he may not be such a success.

To be fair, he was only there one season.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Supposedly McCarthy is talking to the Jets and the Browns, but it would make sense that the Cards would have an interest in him as well. All 3 of those teams are in the same boat, needing a proven QB whisperer for their Top 10 draft pick.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:Crazy that Wilks only is gonna get 1 year, there defense has been pretty good all year and it's not his fault there starting a rookie with very little talent on offense.

I don't get Wilks being fired at all.

I saw last weekend a Cardinals team still playing very hard for their coach, which mean he still has the respect of his team .............AND he had to play a mediocre rookie QB most of the year.

But then Bidwell's one of the biggest bumbling idiots ever to own a pro sports team, so nothing he or the Bidwell family does surprises me.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    getnasty wrote:Crazy that Wilks only is gonna get 1 year, there defense has been pretty good all year and it's not his fault there starting a rookie with very little talent on offense.

I don't get Wilks being fired at all.

I saw last weekend a Cardinals team still playing very hard for their coach, which mean he still has the respect of his team .............AND he had to play a mediocre rookie QB most of the year.

But then Bidwell's one of the biggest bumbling idiots ever to own a pro sports team, so nothing he or the Bidwell family does surprises me.

Anyone with half a brain should know that the Cards should have fired Keim instead. The Bidwills are only slightly more competent than Dan Snyder, Jimmy Haslam, and Mike Brown.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    evergreen wrote:At first I didn’t like the idea. But without Erin he may not be such a success.

Schotty's been here one season, and managed to get our offense tied for 6th best PPG in the league.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:

Schotty's been here one season, and managed to get our offense tied for 6th best PPG in the league.

Yeah, but are you going to tell me the 2005 49ers, who were 4-12 with rookie Alex Smith starting 7 games, Tim Rattay starting 4, Ken Dorsey starting 3, and Cody Pickett starting 2 is as talented as the 2018 Seahawks on offense? Wilson is easily better than those 4 combined. The only real bright spot that Niner team had was their rookie 3rd round pick, a running back by the name Frank Gore. Their best receiver was Brandon Lloyd.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:Yeah, but are you going to tell me the 2005 49ers, who were 4-12 with rookie Alex Smith starting 7 games, Tim Rattay starting 4, Ken Dorsey starting 3, and Cody Pickett starting 2 is as talented as the 2018 Seahawks on offense? Wilson is easily better than those 4 combined. The only real bright spot that Niner team had was their rookie 3rd round pick, a running back by the name Frank Gore. Their best receiver was Brandon Lloyd.

The 2004 49ers scored 16.2 PPG (30th) on offense for the season.
    The 2005 49ers scored 14.9 PPG (30th) on offense for the season.
    The 2006 49ers scored 18.6 PPG (24th) on offense for the season.

Soooooooooo it stands to reason that McCarthy, if he were worth his salt as an offensive coordinator, would have shown some improvement. Even a little...
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:Yeah, but are you going to tell me the 2005 49ers, who were 4-12 with rookie Alex Smith starting 7 games, Tim Rattay starting 4, Ken Dorsey starting 3, and Cody Pickett starting 2 is as talented as the 2018 Seahawks on offense? Wilson is easily better than those 4 combined. The only real bright spot that Niner team had was their rookie 3rd round pick, a running back by the name Frank Gore. Their best receiver was Brandon Lloyd.

The 2004 49ers scored 16.2 PPG (30th) on offense for the season.
    The 2005 49ers scored 14.9 PPG (30th) on offense for the season.
    The 2006 49ers scored 18.6 PPG (24th) on offense for the season.

Soooooooooo it stands to reason that McCarthy, if he were worth his salt as an offensive coordinator, would have shown some improvement. Even a little...

Again, the '04-'05 49ers were a dumpster fire transitioning under a new coaching staff with a rookie QB. And in case you forget, they were an incomplete pass on a 2 pt conversion with 28 seconds left from tying the 13-3 Seahawks and sending the game to overtime. Also, consider that the '05 Packers won 4 games while Old Man Favre was in the midst of throwing the most interceptions in a season over the last 30 years. McCarthy doubled their wins in his first year, and had them hosting the NFC Championship Game in his second. Aaron Rodgers wasn't Robo-QB out of the box. He sat for 3 years and had to re-tool his throw. Someone was coaching him, because we know he's to arrogant to admit he was doing something wrong on his own.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:49 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information