DJ Swearinger released by the Redskins

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
DJ Swearinger released by the Redskins
Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:25 pm

• Definitely earned his release.

Would not touch him. That type of stuff is exactly what we moved away from. The health of the team is better for it. Do not care how he plays on the field.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• He can provide big time insurance for McDougald's injury.
    Last edited by massari on Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• Exactly the kind of attitude we are trying to get rid of
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Can the seahawks claim dj swearinger?
Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:05 pm
  • He was just released by Washington.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• U dont want him?
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• About 20 teams are ahead of them, but yes they could.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• Vocal guy, bring him in the culture here may be the right one and he can play, he is only toxic when you not doing things well and the right way, Sherman and Bennett were not wrong by the way trying to hold the offense, Cable and Bevell accountable, we seen it also. You guys that have issues challenging authority when they are wrong need to check yourselves, it why things got changed on both sides players and coaches.

Also its the one position we need leadership and a enforcer back there Thompson has been hurt, McDougald has been hurt, Earl is out, we don't want another Etric Pruitt situation now do we.

The one thing we know is we are going to be facing a lot of pass happy offenses coming up and in the playoffs and need that depth. If people are saying resign Tate who can Bang Russ's wife and come back we can sign this guy who stood up to a DC who let Bortles beat them.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Patriots will probably snag him if they can afford it.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Any Interest in DJ Swearinger
Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:33 pm
  • Having recently been relieved of all our more outspoken players, seems unlikely to me we’d take the chance of reintroducing that set of distractions, but could help shore up the backfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mort
    NET Starter

• chris98251 wrote: we don't want another E*** P***** situation now do we.

I thought those words were forbidden here.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• In Tennessee’s second-to-last drive, the drive where they eventually took a 19-16 fourth quarter lead, the Redskins had the Titans facing a third-and-7. Backup Blaine Gabbert threw an incomplete pass, but refs whistled Fabian Moreau for defensive holding.

The flag itself was questionable, but that’s not what Swearinger was most upset about.

“I feel like we should’ve been more aggressive,” he said. “Playing a backup quarterback, why would you put us in man-to-man?... I think it was a horrible [penalty] call, but I feel like you don’t put Fabian in that situation with a backup quarterback.”

Swearinger did acknowledge that he and his teammates needed to do more to close out what was a very important contest, but he also continued to second guess Greg Manusky’s choice on that play.

“I feel like if we look at the quarterback with all this talent we got in the back end, we would dominate every team every week,” he said. “But I’m not the D-coordinator. We didn’t make the plays, I guess we didn’t make the plays. There were plenty of plays out there to make, so we didn’t make the plays to win the game.”
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Re: DJ Swearinger released by the Redskins
Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:35 am
  • I completely disagree that we wouldn't want him and he is the kind of player we've tried to get rid of. The players we got rid of went into back rooms as inside sources and revealed the inner workings of our locker room and didn't have the balls to fess up to it till they were gone. Not to mention, we give guys second chances all the time.

I think the bigger issue's that he won't fall to us.
    BigMeach
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:33 pm
  • Yes, the Seahawks give guys second (and third and fourth) chances all the time. We thrive on bringing in misfits and rejects and turning them into champions.

But... I'm not so sure we're really wanting to jump on an opportunity to bring in a guy let go because he second-guessed and called out the coaching staff over a key play. That's kind of (and by 'kind of' I mean 'exactly') why our locker room was as dysfunctional as it was the past couple of years.

Pete and John just miiiiiiiight be a touch snake-bit with that sort of player.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Oh Arizona! Dysfunction Junction, what's your function?
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• What a bargain. Cardinals get a defensive back and defensive coordinator all in one package. A two for one deal. How innovative and frugal. And, they're poised to claim a hard won number one draft pick for 2019.

A different sort of culture ..... I guess :229031_shrug: The diversity of the NFL on full display.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• I wonder if they're going to keep the coach now too? :229031_confused2:
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Jville wrote:What a bargain. Cardinals get a defensive back and defensive coordinator all in one package. A two for one deal. How innovative and frugal. And, they're poised to claim a hard won number one draft pick for 2019.

A different sort of culture ..... I guess :229031_shrug: The diversity of the NFL on full display.

Id bet the cardinals were not the only team to level a claim... and that atleast one playoff team was waiting
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:35 am
  • He calls out a coach for a bone headed decision, he must be a locker room cancer and low life of a human being and not worth a Super Bowl chance for half of what Earl was getting. Glad you guys don't make the calls, we would have Mormon Tabernacle Choir for our team as long as they had not Married their second and third or fourth wife yet.

Remember it took some attitude from Lynch, Kam, Bennett, Sherman, Browner, oh and that guy so many want to bring back Golden Tate to get us to the top of the heap the first time round, didn't see a whole lot of bitching about that mentality then.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:Yes, the Seahawks give guys second (and third and fourth) chances all the time. We thrive on bringing in misfits and rejects and turning them into champions.

But... I'm not so sure we're really wanting to jump on an opportunity to bring in a guy let go because he second-guessed and called out the coaching staff over a key play. That's kind of (and by 'kind of' I mean 'exactly') why our locker room was as dysfunctional as it was the past couple of years.

Completely disagree, but as stated we never got the chance to find out as he was going to go quick.
    BigMeach
    NET Veteran

• BigMeach wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:Yes, the Seahawks give guys second (and third and fourth) chances all the time. We thrive on bringing in misfits and rejects and turning them into champions.

Completely disagree, but as stated we never got the chance to find out as he was going to go quick.

So we are the South Alaska Island of MiSfIT ToYs.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:52 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information