Darrell Bevell To Falcons?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Darrell Bevell To Falcons?
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:22 pm
  • It would be great to continue to see the Falcons held back by terrible play calling. It’s an objectively talented offense with one KEY ingredient missing.

This could spell the end of Dan Quinn’s HC tenure.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:34 pm
  • Bevell only looked at so far as a OC, no head coaching jobs right now. Marquand would not be a bad bring back, he worked here before as a Coach before going to the Jags and then the Falcons. He may get hired by one of the many new coaches as a DC though.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Tusc2000 wrote:Sarkisian fired. Looks like Quinn is circling the wagons. The whiff of desperation is in the air....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2565 ... ordinators

I honestly feel bad for the Falcons fanbase if this happens, and will have lost all respect for Dan Quinn.

Maybe it’s “fake news”.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:44 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:It would be great to continue to see the Falcons held back by terrible play calling. It’s an objectively talented offense with one KEY ingredient missing.

This could spell the end of Dan Quinn’s HC tenure.

Dan Quinn is committing head coaching job suicide if he does this.
    It will be a spectacular failure.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:44 pm
  • "Fire off an interview invite to Darrell Bevell, won't you?"

"Okay."

Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:39 am
  • I would love to see the run/option with Ryan. I think it would work really well. Those sexy bubble screens. I don't know how the falcons could turn down such a brilliant OC. I am all for it.
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:33 am

Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:11 am
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:Some of the fans are starting to warm up to him.

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic ... ats-as-oc/

Incredible. One poster wrote: "He may not be the best OC in football, but he is a good one and more than qualified."

He should have stopped halfway through that sentence....
    Tusc2000
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:51 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:There is a reason why he hasn’t found a gig yet. It’s because his potential employers in college and the NFL have come to the same conclusion I have.

He hasn't found a gig because of Cris Collinsworth, who set the narrative for Bevell on "The Play" and ensured that stigma would follow him around wherever he went.

It's much more defensible to say that Bevell was a bog-average OC with a deficiency at keeping Wilson disciplined. Not Satan, not McDaniels, not Schotty. Otherwise, you're having to argue that the guy who got us to two Super Bowl appearances and won one of them is somehow a horrible OC.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:58 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:There is a reason why he hasn’t found a gig yet. It’s because his potential employers in college and the NFL have come to the same conclusion I have.

He hasn't found a gig because of Cris Collinsworth, who set the narrative for Bevell on "The Play" and ensured that stigma would follow him around wherever he went.

It's much more defensible to say that Bevell was a bog-average OC with a deficiency at keeping Wilson disciplined. Not Satan, not McDaniels, not Schotty. Otherwise, you're having to argue that the guy who got us to two Super Bowl appearances and won one of them is somehow a horrible OC.

Of course, you'd get a lot of guys 'round here arguing that instead of getting us to back to back Super Bowls, he's the reason why we didn't win four of them over the same time span.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:03 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:There is a reason why he hasn’t found a gig yet. It’s because his potential employers in college and the NFL have come to the same conclusion I have.

Of course, you'd get a lot of guys 'round here arguing that instead of getting us to back to back Super Bowls, he's the reason why we didn't win four of them over the same time span.

I don't think there's an OC in history that could win 4 Super Bowls in two years.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:11 pm
  • The whole league and every analyst and announcer called it the worst play call in Super Bowl history. There is a reason he was unemployed last season and the only sniff so far has been with Quinn in Atlanta as a OC not a HC anywhere else.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:05 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

I don't think there's an OC in history that could win 4 Super Bowls in two years.

That's the joke. 8)
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:29 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:

So the potential employers go to CC for hiring advice???? That’s an excuse Sioux Hawk would have come up with.

We went to back to back Super Bowls DESPITE having Bevell as an OC, not becuase he was the OC.

He had an Uber talented RB, and a young dynamic QB that covered up for his incompetence. Plus a defense that gave him short fields to work.

Like I said, if he was remotely competent as an OC he wouldn’t be unemployed currently.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:52 pm
  • I think you guys are being awfully harsh on Bevell. He's not an inventive offensive mind but he's a better coordinator than Sark and that's kind of all the Falcons really need.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:56 pm
  • knownone wrote:I think you guys are being awfully harsh on Bevell. He's not an inventive offensive mind but he's a better coordinator than Sark and that's kind of all the Falcons really need.

He earned it, took no responsibility for anything and through his players under the bus. Deserves everything he gets and glad he is gone and unemployed.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:01 pm
  • knownone wrote:I think you guys are being awfully harsh on Bevell. He's not an inventive offensive mind but he's a better coordinator than Sark and that's kind of all the Falcons really need.

"Yeah, Wally, don't be so hard on the Bevell!"
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:13 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    knownone wrote:I think you guys are being awfully harsh on Bevell. He's not an inventive offensive mind but he's a better coordinator than Sark and that's kind of all the Falcons really need.

He earned it, took no responsibility for anything and through his players under the bus. Deserves everything he gets and glad he is gone and unemployed.

Haha... This is exactly what I mean.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:02 am
  • knownone wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    knownone wrote:I think you guys are being awfully harsh on Bevell. He's not an inventive offensive mind but he's a better coordinator than Sark and that's kind of all the Falcons really need.

Pretty sure that if we had like buttons there would be a line of people doing it also. Given this is the most enjoyable season we have witnessed in two years since THE PLAY.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:59 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    knownone wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Pretty sure that if we had like buttons there would be a line of people doing it also. Given this is the most enjoyable season we have witnessed in two years since THE PLAY.

That says more about you than about him. We went back to the playoffs twice after the play and could have done so a third time with a competent kicker. I personally enjoy such things.

chris98251 wrote:He earned it, took no responsibility for anything and through his players under the bus.

I assume you're referring to Ricardo Lockette? In that case, I'd say one comment being inflated into a perennial, outstanding habit isn't an honest depiction. Bevell didn't make a tradition of throwing players under the bus that I'm aware of. If he did, then so does Pete for occasionally saying Wilson has to play better.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:08 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:We went to back to back Super Bowls DESPITE having Bevell as an OC, not becuase he was the OC.

I'm aware of this classic line, and it is as patently out of touch now as it was when it was conceived. Consider how difficult it is to reach the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl. Think about the razor-thin margin for error when going on the road to beat good teams during the regular season, outlast your conference's best contenders, and win multiple playoff games, especially when Jermaine Kearse is sabotaging every reception you get.

No, you don't win the conference championship without a complete team. That includes enough offensive plays are succeeding as called. Sure, Wilson salvaged some broken plays. But that's true of every contender. No team goes anywhere without a QB who can improvise and close on third down. That doesn't reflect poorly on the OC.

Bevell was average at worst, or we don't make it. I'm not all that worshipful of him and I'm not exactly heartbroken he's gone. But I do think he deserves some recognition for making back-to-back Super Bowls. That accomplishment is rarefied air in the NFL. And I think he can still function in the NFL, especially with the right QB and philosophy.

Of course, I know who I'm talking to, so why do I bother...;)
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:30 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:We went to back to back Super Bowls DESPITE having Bevell as an OC, not becuase he was the OC.

I'm aware of this classic line, and it is as patently out of touch now as it was when it was conceived. Consider how difficult it is to reach the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl. Think about the razor-thin margin for error when going on the road to beat good teams during the regular season, outlast your conference's best contenders, and win multiple playoff games, especially when Jermaine Kearse is sabotaging every reception you get.

No, you don't win the conference championship without a complete team. That includes enough offensive plays are succeeding as called. Sure, Wilson salvaged some broken plays. But that's true of every contender. No team goes anywhere without a QB who can improvise and close on third down. That doesn't reflect poorly on the OC.

Bevell was average at worst, or we don't make it. I'm not all that worshipful of him and I'm not exactly heartbroken he's gone. But I do think he deserves some recognition for making back-to-back Super Bowls. That accomplishment is rarefied air in the NFL. And I think he can still function in the NFL, especially with the right QB and philosophy.

Of course, I know who I'm talking to, so why do I bother...;)

Screw Bevell
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:06 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    knownone wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

That says more about you than about him. We went back to the playoffs twice after the play and could have done so a third time with a competent kicker. I personally enjoy such things.

chris98251 wrote:He earned it, took no responsibility for anything and through his players under the bus.

I assume you're referring to Ricardo Lockette? In that case, I'd say one comment being inflated into a perennial, outstanding habit isn't an honest depiction. Bevell didn't make a tradition of throwing players under the bus that I'm aware of. If he did, then so does Pete for occasionally saying Wilson has to play better.

In 7 years he never took any accountability for his ineptitude here.

Not so different then some posters never admitting they are wrong..........
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:19 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:In 7 years he never took any accountability for his ineptitude here.

It took me less than 30 seconds to find quotes of him taking accountability.

"I can do a better job; I can get us into some better situations—we can run the ball ..."

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... -bevell-3/
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:59 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Of course, I know who I'm talking to, so why do I bother...;)

Bruh. No rationalizations you can give can refute the fact that rookie DBs knew what we were doing with great regularity, which is my single biggest problem with Bevell and always was: telegraphing our plays on offense more than probably any other team in the league on a regular basis. Opposing defenses being able to read our plays before the snap under him with such consistent ease is inexcusable.

You.
    Can't.
    Defend.
    That.

Scoring points is hard enough in this league without telling the enemy what you're doing ahead of time on 50% of your damn snaps.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:54 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Of course, I know who I'm talking to, so why do I bother...;)

Bruh. No rationalizations you can give can refute the fact that rookie DBs knew what we were doing with great regularity, which is my single biggest problem with Bevell and always was: telegraphing our plays on offense more than probably any other team in the league on a regular basis. Opposing defenses being able to read our plays before the snap under him with such consistent ease is inexcusable.

You.
    Can't.
    Defend.
    That.

Scoring points is hard enough in this league without telling the enemy what you're doing ahead of time on 50% of your damn snaps.

Most defenses know what the offense is going to run before the snap. One of the reasons Sean McVay is being lauded as an offensive genius is because of his ability to disguise his tendencies before the snap. However, as we've seen recently once teams found the Rams tendencies his offense was significantly easier to stop.

Bevell's issue was his inability to adapt to what the defense was giving him early in games. He was great when he had time to make adjustments but often times it was too late. The idea that his offense is predictable is slightly misleading. The Seahawks have never had the talent on the offensive line to be a consistently great team spreading the defense out. So the system relies heavily on the running game to create space in the passing game. Stop the run and the passing game becomes much more predictable because there is only so much the offense can disguise when the defense knows you are passing.

A perfect example of this was on display when Alabama played Oklahoma this weekend. Bama stopped the run with 5 guys and dropped 6 into coverage, suddenly Oklahoma's unstoppable system became predictable and a QB who averaged over 70% completions on the season completed 50% of his passes.

Interestingly, we've seen a similar trend with Schotty that we saw with Bevell. The only difference being Schotty has had a more productive rushing attacking over this season than Bevell had over the last two season.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:23 pm
  • There's no defending the many plays he designed that had two receivers converging in the same place on the field for the same pass, inevitably resulting in a 2 WR / 3 DB cluster(you know the word that goes here) and either an interception or at least an incomplete pass. Generally on 3rd down, and 30 yards downfield. Genius! :roll: :roll: :roll: Plus, as previously pointed out, my wife (who knows little about the Xs and Os) could and often did call the play before the snap. :34853_doh:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:39 pm
  • knownone wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:In 7 years he never took any accountability for his ineptitude here.

"I can do a better job; I can get us into some better situations—we can run the ball ..."

Cliche's and pacification, no ownership.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:13 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:

So much this! DB EARNED every critical word said about him.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:14 pm
  • knownone wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Well, it’s the truth.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:18 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    knownone wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Well, it’s the truth.

We agree on something!
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:55 pm
  • Bevell won a Superbowl is revisionist history. The Seahawks were doing everything to could to keep Denver in the game with their offense. The crown jewel in the Bevell crown is a polished turd.

Check out the drive log.

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecente ... mebook.pdf
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:04 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    knownone wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:In 7 years he never took any accountability for his ineptitude here.

You have every right to make the assumption that he's not actually taking ownership but you are doing so based solely on intuition and not on anything concrete or based firmly in reality. I don't have any issues with this line of reasoning. It's just hard to have a discussion about a topic when someone is treating their intuition as a definitive or a fact when it's still just an opinion.

Here's an example.

You state a definitive "In 7 years he never took any accountability for his ineptitude here."

I point out that he has in fact taken accountability with a quote from Bevell (concrete).

You then state an opinion based on that fact. But your opinion does not define that fact for anyone but yourself. This means the discussion is a contradiction that hinges on your interpretation of the facts and it's not really a discussion at all if I need you to tell me which facts have meaning and which don't.

I normally don't pay any attention to this type of stuff but I got a chuckle out of you saying 'some posters never admit when they are wrong' and subsequently failed to admit when you were wrong :-P.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:23 pm
  • Bevell is a better O coordinator than anyone here will ever give him credit for. I'm not saying he's great, but he's nowhere near as bad as most people here portray him as. I at the very least believe he should have the right to prove himself without having a turnip for an offensive line coach/running game coordinator. Cable is garbage and got another shot. Bevell deserves no less.

Also, Sarkisian sucks. I can't say what I think of anyone convinced he's better than Bevell. At least Bevell wasn't a drunk.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:31 am
  • Maulbert wrote:Bevell is a better O coordinator than anyone here will ever give him credit for. I'm not saying he's great, but he's nowhere near as bad as most people here portray him as. I at the very least believe he should have the right to prove himself without having a turnip for an offensive line coach/running game coordinator. Cable is garbage and got another shot. Bevell deserves no less.

Also, Sarkisian sucks. I can't say what I think of anyone convinced he's better than Bevell. At least Bevell wasn't a drunk.

His play calling and lack of ability to adapt his game plan sure seemed like he was at time. Bevell sucks. There’s a reason he is the only coordinator from Seattle that wasn’t swooped up in the off season.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:38 am
  • sdog1981 wrote:Bevell won a Superbowl is revisionist history. The Seahawks were doing everything to could to keep Denver in the game with their offense.

Assuming the OC's intentions based solely off the results of the play is right up there with burning your hand on a stovetop as one of the dumbest things you can do.

You know there's offensive execution and defensive interference that have an influence on the result, too, right?
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:39 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:Bevell won a Superbowl is revisionist history. The Seahawks were doing everything to could to keep Denver in the game with their offense.

Assuming the OC's intentions based solely off the results of the play is right up there with burning your hand on a stovetop as one of the dumbest things you can do.

You know there's offensive execution and defensive interference that have an influence on the result, too, right?

My other problem with Bevell is he refused to stand up for himself and demand Cable be fired. He let Cable cost him millions of dollars of career earnings.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:03 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:Bevell is a better O coordinator than anyone here will ever give him credit for. I'm not saying he's great, but he's nowhere near as bad as most people here portray him as. I at the very least believe he should have the right to prove himself without having a turnip for an offensive line coach/running game coordinator. Cable is garbage and got another shot. Bevell deserves no less.

His play calling and lack of ability to adapt his game plan sure seemed like he was at time. Bevell sucks. There’s a reason he is the only coordinator from Seattle that wasn’t swooped up in the off season.

So the fact that Gruden was stupid enough to hire Cable makes Cable a good coach? If Cincinnati hires Hue Jackson as their head coach, does that make him good? Being employed is no sign of competence.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:20 pm
  • knownone wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    knownone wrote:

You have every right to make the assumption that he's not actually taking ownership but you are doing so based solely on intuition and not on anything concrete or based firmly in reality. I don't have any issues with this line of reasoning. It's just hard to have a discussion about a topic when someone is treating their intuition as a definitive or a fact when it's still just an opinion.

Here's an example.

You state a definitive "In 7 years he never took any accountability for his ineptitude here."

I point out that he has in fact taken accountability with a quote from Bevell (concrete).

You then state an opinion based on that fact. But your opinion does not define that fact for anyone but yourself. This means the discussion is a contradiction that hinges on your interpretation of the facts and it's not really a discussion at all if I need you to tell me which facts have meaning and which don't.

I normally don't pay any attention to this type of stuff but I got a chuckle out of you saying 'some posters never admit when they are wrong' and subsequently failed to admit when you were wrong :-P.

Where did he say in those quotes I messed up, I need to be held accountable. He didn't that's not intuitive that's fact, lack of personal accountability, it was always we or something. That's not accountability.

He never took accountability for Lynch not running the ball, lack of ability to use Graham well, the whole Harvin debacle and how his use of him and friction basically made Harvin who is a head case quit and not play most the season pissing off the other players. There are a lot of things he was involved with that he won't stand up and take the hit for. Easier for Pete to run interference for him or blame a player.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:40 pm
  • sdog1981 wrote:Bevell won a Superbowl is revisionist history. The Seahawks were doing everything to could to keep Denver in the game with their offense. The crown jewel in the Bevell crown is a polished turd.

Check out the drive log.

The only turd I see is this revisionist take on that game. 36-0 late in the 3rd is in no way keeping them in it. Seattle’s offense outplayed the “greatest” bronco offense in almost every way. I get it, most everyone here hated Bevell and won’t give him any credit whatsoever but that win and the trip to the next SB go on his resume. I will agree that it was time to move on but isn’t it time for his haters to move on. For what it’s worth many knowledgeable people here crowned DeFillippo the next great thing...fired before the season ended, does that mean he sucks worse than Bevell?

For/against Bevell is irrelevant at this point but this thread will be a good revisit should he get another opportunity.
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:55 pm
  • Flyingsquad23 wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:Bevell won a Superbowl is revisionist history. The Seahawks were doing everything to could to keep Denver in the game with their offense. The crown jewel in the Bevell crown is a polished turd.

Check out the drive log.

The only turd I see is this revisionist take on that game. 36-0 late in the 3rd is in no way keeping them in it. Seattle’s offense outplayed the “greatest” bronco offense in almost every way. I get it, most everyone here hated Bevell and won’t give him any credit whatsoever but that win and the trip to the next SB go on his resume. I will agree that it was time to move on but isn’t it time for his haters to move on. For what it’s worth many knowledgeable people here crowned DeFillippo the next great thing...fired before the season ended, does that mean he sucks worse than Bevell?

For/against Bevell is irrelevant at this point but this thread will be a good revisit should he get another opportunity.

Actually XLVIII was one of DB’s BEST called games, unfortunately XLIX was his worst and cost the franchise a second Lombardi Trophy.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:37 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:Bevell is a better O coordinator than anyone here will ever give him credit for. I'm not saying he's great, but he's nowhere near as bad as most people here portray him as. I at the very least believe he should have the right to prove himself without having a turnip for an offensive line coach/running game coordinator. Cable is garbage and got another shot. Bevell deserves no less.

So the fact that Gruden was stupid enough to hire Cable makes Cable a good coach? If Cincinnati hires Hue Jackson as their head coach, does that make him good? Being employed is no sign of competence.

That's your best defense of Bevell?

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:47 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:

Weak? Like the argument that he's unemployed proves he's bad?
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:05 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:

It doesn't prove he's good. I wasn't arguing. Stating a fact. Bevell sucks. There's good reason he isn't employed. Period.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:17 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

It doesn't prove he's good. I wasn't arguing. Stating a fact. Bevell sucks. There's good reason he isn't employed. Period.

My only point is complete idiots get jobs. Being unemployed means nothing. Rich Kotite replaced Pete Carroll in New York in 1995. Kotite's record in his final 39 games as a head coach was 4-35.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:32 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:

My only point is complete idiots get jobs. Being unemployed means nothing. Rich Kotite replaced Pete Carroll in New York in 1995. Kotite's record in his final 39 games as a head coach was 4-35.

In Bevells situation it’s indicative of his performance, you’ll find very few people who disagree. The founder of Paul Mitchell hair products was living in his car at one point. Being unemployed doesn’t mean you suck.

However, Bevells ineptitude is why he is unemployed. Drawing a comparison to xxxx coach is silliness. Atlanta is looking at Bevell for the same reason Cable was hired in Oakland. Personal connections. Not demonstrated performance.

Like I said, your comment was weak sauce.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:48 pm

• Koetter may have accepted the position. Late Monday, a high-ranking team official when asked to confirm would say only there is no agreement at this time.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution identified Koetter as the leading candidate last week.

Koetter, the former Tampa Bay head coach, interviewed with the Falcons on Saturday. He will replace Steve Sarkisian, who was one of three Falcons coordinators fired after a 7-9 season. Koetter previously served as offensive coordinator with the Falcons from 2012-14 and worked with quarterback Matt Ryan.

Koetter was fired by Tampa Bay a day after losing to the Falcons in the regular-season finale. He was one of three known candidates to interview for the position, along with former Seattle offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell and former Falcons offensive coordinator and Buffalo, Jacksonville and Tennessee head coach Mike Mularkey. The Falcons request to speak to Gary Kubiak was reportedly blocked by Denver.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:49 pm
  • LOL, poor Bevell. If I were capable of feeling empathy, I still wouldn't feel any for him. :lol:
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:00 pm

• Koetter may have accepted the position. Late Monday, a high-ranking team official when asked to confirm would say only there is no agreement at this time.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution identified Koetter as the leading candidate last week.

Koetter, the former Tampa Bay head coach, interviewed with the Falcons on Saturday. He will replace Steve Sarkisian, who was one of three Falcons coordinators fired after a 7-9 season. Koetter previously served as offensive coordinator with the Falcons from 2012-14 and worked with quarterback Matt Ryan.

Koetter was fired by Tampa Bay a day after losing to the Falcons in the regular-season finale. He was one of three known candidates to interview for the position, along with former Seattle offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell and former Falcons offensive coordinator and Buffalo, Jacksonville and Tennessee head coach Mike Mularkey. The Falcons request to speak to Gary Kubiak was reportedly blocked by Denver.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

PreviousNext

It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information