Jags fire OC Nate Hackett

mistaowen

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1067081279194218496[/tweet]

Not surprising given how awful they've been this year, granted it's tough to do much on offense when your QB can only hit short/intermediate crossing routes. Funny how they won their superbowl week 2 against the Pats and are now fielding trade rumors about Jalen Ramsey. Some flashes of really good defense but I think this season puts to bed they were anything close to the LOB golden days.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Now they bench Bortles.

Dude I remember when the Jags were supposed to be the next world beaters...led in large part by LOB Part 2 and Mr. Ramsey. My how the tides have turned. Now they're in cap hell with Bortles for the next year, hah. And they're trying to trade Ramsey, and dudes not even playing well.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":35t3bagd said:
So team’s DO fire OC’s mid season?????? :stirthepot:

Mid season was a couple weeks ago....... :stirthepot: :rumble: :twisted:

getnasty

Reaction score
Jags should have never trusted Bortles. I'd say the defense has been just as disappointing though this year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well their OC now is a guy from Canada who was their QB coach, Bortles benched, this should be a pretty eventful off season for them. You know if they fired the OC now that the heat is on Doug Marrone also, the OC Hackett was a long time friend also.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3le3urp8 said:
Sports Hernia":3le3urp8 said:
So team’s DO fire OC’s mid season?????? :stirthepot:

Mid season was a couple weeks ago....... :stirthepot: :rumble: :twisted:
Correction: “in season” 8)

sdog1981

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":ui36qrhk said:
I guess Nate couldn’t... Hack it. Ba dum tss...

Hay-o

But seriously NFL nepotism is rampant. Has it always been this bad? I mean in the 80's and 90's were those coaches all the kids of coaches from the 50's and 60's?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I am more shocked at how bad their defense has been. So much talk, money and ‘talent’.

Bortles could get any OC fired. Extending him and expecting him to be the guy was laughable.