Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Rams attemted to get K. Mack

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Rams attemted to get K. Mack
Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:28 am
  • http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... halil-mack

Apparently, the Raiders just thought their picks would end up too low, but it was a seriously considered offer..

Good God, that line would have have been like a Cyberdyne Systems T-5000.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Re: Rams attemted to get K. Mack
Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:34 am
  • Cheating is gonna' be the only way they keep all these guys. Eddie D. 49ers level.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:37 am
  • This just gets fans amped, I doubt there is actually much too it. Over half the league made the call.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:07 pm
  • Can't see how it would be smart for the rams to offer up all that draft capital for Mack. They are going to have to replace all that talent with cheap draft picks or they are going to go from first to worst very quickly. Have to pay Goff eventually as well.
    94Smith
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:12 pm
  • Crazy..........and shows you the power of what we already know, it's SO much easier to build a great team around a QB on his rookie deal.

8M vs 20+M goes a LONG LONG way in doing what the Rams are doing. But they better win now, cause their cap's going to implode with the force of 1,000 dying suns in a year or two.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:20 pm
  • And Eddie D cheating the cap is a pretty liberal use of the word. Lots of those contracts and bonuses were deferred to late into the 90s and early 2000s and the 49ers paid the price dearly dealing with the dead money during those years. It was more of a win now at all costs later policy.
    94Smith
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:25 pm
  • That's your version.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:29 pm
  • 94Smith wrote:Can't see how it would be smart for the rams to offer up all that draft capital for Mack. They are going to have to replace all that talent with cheap draft picks or they are going to go from first to worst very quickly. Have to pay Goff eventually as well.

Do they have to pay Goff? I think theres still a lot of ink drying on the notion that he is the man of the future in LA. He is the right price, right now but we are only two full seasons in his career. Maybe you discount that first season but to think he is a lock for an extension with only one above average at best season under his belt...
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:37 pm
  • mrt144 wrote:
    94Smith wrote:Can't see how it would be smart for the rams to offer up all that draft capital for Mack. They are going to have to replace all that talent with cheap draft picks or they are going to go from first to worst very quickly. Have to pay Goff eventually as well.

Do they have to pay Goff? I think theres still a lot of ink drying on the notion that he is the man of the future in LA. He is the right price, right now but we are only two full seasons in his career. Maybe you discount that first season but to think he is a lock for an extension with only one above average at best season under his belt...

No they don't have to pay him, but in this era of the NFL it seems that any semi decent QB gets paid
    94Smith
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:58 pm
  • 94Smith wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    94Smith wrote:Can't see how it would be smart for the rams to offer up all that draft capital for Mack. They are going to have to replace all that talent with cheap draft picks or they are going to go from first to worst very quickly. Have to pay Goff eventually as well.

No they don't have to pay him, but in this era of the NFL it seems that any semi decent QB gets paid

Touche. I wish the Rams weren't in the NFC West so I could more passively observe them instead of hoping for football misery and pain that would make the Fisher years look quaint by comparison.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:02 pm
  • Wow, I'm glad this didn't happen.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:56 am
  • 94Smith wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:

Might end in epic failure, but I'd love to see an NFL team go with a College model of a new QB every four or five years.

Don't have a link, but 1080 the Fan (PDX) were having the conversation of winning Super Bowl QBs being equally bell curved between 1st contract bargains and cap busting elite vets.
    Osprey
    NET Starter

It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:54 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information