Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Richard Sherman....

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Richard Sherman....
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:47 am
  • An interesting read.

Guess you have to take all things with a grain of salt but this changed my perception/attitude just a bit.

Anyway, it’s worth the couple of minutes that it takes.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... ree-agency
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Re: Richard Sherman....
Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:31 am
  • I never had an issue with Richard going to the 49ers. Once Seattle let him go he was free to do whatever he felt was best for his career.

My issue with him relates to his blow-ups on the sideline and the comments he’s made since signing with San Francisco (prior to this article). He broke rules one and two. He may have felt he was justified, but he still broke those rules (especially the second one).

In my opinion, that combined with his injury, age and salary cap are why Seattle cut him—not because they don’t care or didn’t want him. It just wasn’t feasible with the circumstances at the time. They have to think of the entire team. Sometimes that really sucks for individual players, and their fans.

I wish him the best, as long as he’s not playing the Hawks.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:38 am
  • This is where you separate the gamesmanship from the person, pretty honest appraisal of the situation in my eyes, Seahawks looked at it as a business decision, so did Sherman, both sides were straight up about it, the only problem was the amount of money and the risk, 49ers took it and the Seahawks didn't want to and understandably so given the recent contracts with guys that have got hurt after signing one such as Richard did.

His appreciation of his time and the team and fans is well noted. I wish him well and hope a 100 percent comeback for him.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:04 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:This is where you separate the gamesmanship from the person, pretty honest appraisal of the situation in my eyes, Seahawks looked at it as a business decision, so did Sherman, both sides were straight up about it, the only problem was the amount of money and the risk, 49ers took it and the Seahawks didn't want to and understandably so given the recent contracts with guys that have got hurt after signing one such as Richard did.

His appreciation of his time and the team and fans is well noted. I wish him well and hope a 100 percent comeback for him.

It should also be noted that the 49ers are in a very different position financially than the Seahawks and a seasoned vet like him is much more valuable to them because they didn't at the time have that leadership in the Locker Room. The Seahawks have a number of vets a very different cap situation.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:00 am
  • Trans am wheel arch nostrils is dead to me. Drama Queen.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:13 am
  • I admit that I was tired of the drama queens in our locker room too but I’m also equally tired of the teenage gossip girls we apparently have working in the office who constantly leak everything. That was awful timing to release that info to press.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:33 am
  • He's long gone, move on.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:21 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:He's long gone, move on.

He's one of the best players to ever wear a Seahawks uniform and has been "long gone" for all of zero official games yet.

I think people may still want to discuss him.

My only issues with Sherman was the jabbering when he got to SF. I know it's his personality, but he sincere "business" approach to his cut by the Seahawks, he did not hesitate to continue to blow on a smoldering fire.

Hopefully that has passed everyone by, both parties can get going on the present and Sherman will be welcomed back as a Ring of Honor inductee in the future
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:22 am
  • Love Sherman, and wish the best for him. Hopefully we know his quirks better than he knows Wilson's, and we can capitalize on our knowledge better than he can his.

I don't get the "talk to me in 3 years" about the contract. The quality of a contract isn't judged retrospectively, you have to look at the current situation, and all the possibilities, and see how the contract protects the different parties.

Sherman is gambling on himself, but built in some protections. Looks like a great contract for both sides, to me. If he blows out an Achilles this year, and never plays again, that doesn't mean it was a bad contract, just a bad gamble. If he plays out the full value of the contract, that doesn't mean it was a good contract, just a good gamble.
    Fire Tom Cable

Still can't believe we let Alex Collins go
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:53 am
  • Go Hawks
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:31 am
  • sc85sis wrote:I never had an issue with Richard going to the 49ers. Once Seattle let him go he was free to do whatever he felt was best for his career.

My issue with him relates to his blow-ups on the sideline and the comments he’s made since signing with San Francisco (prior to this article). He broke rules one and two. He may have felt he was justified, but he still broke those rules (especially the second one).

In my opinion, that combined with his injury, age and salary cap are why Seattle cut him—not because they don’t care or didn’t want him. It just wasn’t feasible with the circumstances at the time. They have to think of the entire team. Sometimes that really sucks for individual players, and their fans.

I wish him the best, as long as he’s not playing the Hawks.

My thoughts exactly! And what Chris said too. Will always love Sherman, but his blow up appeared like he was putting himself above the team, and I hated that. Will always appreciate him though.

AND, Pete Carroll gave him the chances no other team would, at least so early. Same goes for Kam Chancellor. Both would have been great, but Pete allowed them to be at their best, and gave them the opportunity to succeed early on. Other coaches may have held them back because of their draft position.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:07 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:He's long gone, move on.

He's one of the best players to ever wear a Seahawks uniform and has been "long gone" for all of zero official games yet.

I think people may still want to discuss him.

My only issues with Sherman was the jabbering when he got to SF. I know it's his personality, but he sincere "business" approach to his cut by the Seahawks, he did not hesitate to continue to blow on a smoldering fire.

Hopefully that has passed everyone by, both parties can get going on the present and Sherman will be welcomed back as a Ring of Honor inductee in the future

So that is where the fires were this year. Someone blowing smoke up a lot of peoples......THingy. :stirthepot: :rumble:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:07 am
  • Good read, and nice to hear his side of the story. I wish him no ill will as he will always be one of my favorite Hawk players.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:06 pm
  • Sherman is the Gary Payton of Football in Seattle, I loved Gary's passion and he backed it up on the court as Sherman does on the Field. Both are passionate competitors that know how to push other players buttons as well as the fan base. Combine the Ultra competitiveness of them and a situation that they feel is not held accountable and sparks and tempers flair. Gary it was Wally Walker and Sherm it was Bevell and Cable.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:04 pm
  • bigskydoc wrote:Love Sherman, and wish the best for him. Hopefully we know his quirks better than he knows Wilson's, and we can capitalize on our knowledge better than he can his.

I don't get the "talk to me in 3 years" about the contract. The quality of a contract isn't judged retrospectively, you have to look at the current situation, and all the possibilities, and see how the contract protects the different parties.

Sherman is gambling on himself, but built in some protections. Looks like a great contract for both sides, to me. If he blows out an Achilles this year, and never plays again, that doesn't mean it was a bad contract, just a bad gamble. If he plays out the full value of the contract, that doesn't mean it was a good contract, just a good gamble.

That's true of most contracts, though, isn't it? The only real exceptions are quarterback contracts and MVP caliber player contracts.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information