Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Odell Beckham

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Odell Beckham
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:34 am

Re: Odell Beckham
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:34 am
  • Worth every penny
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:40 am
  • not even, WAY too much for a WR
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:42 am
  • 2_0_6 wrote:Worth every penny

He has been great, but I don’t think any position outside of QB is worth this kind of money in today’s game under current cba. This might be the reason why Mack, Donald and Thomas are also waiting. Single players (defense even more so) on the top contract $$$ we are seeing now have such high risk - not sure the value is really there (war, and opportunity for use of $$$ across team).
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:44 am
  • OBJ is just as good as AB, both explosive and immediate game changers.

Some value positions more than others, and a great WR and CB after QB are my top 3 values.

My .02
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:49 am
  • 2_0_6 wrote:OBJ is just as good as AB, both explosive and immediate game changers.

Some value positions more than others, and a great WR and CB after QB are my top 3 values.

My .02

Tell me one WR in history that put their team over the top to win the Super Bowl?

hint: there hasn't been any.

That tells me all I need to know in terms of spending big $ on that position.
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:51 am
  • Milehighhawk wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:OBJ is just as good as AB, both explosive and immediate game changers.

My .02

Tell me one WR in history that put their team over the top to win the Super Bowl?

Throughout the history of the NFL, it has never been the pass happy league that is it today. WR"s that can stretch the field and get YAC get PAID.

Look at Prich.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:09 am
  • 2_0_6 wrote:
    Milehighhawk wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:OBJ is just as good as AB, both explosive and immediate game changers.

My .02

Throughout the history of the NFL, it has never been the pass happy league that is it today. WR"s that can stretch the field and get YAC get PAID.

Look at Prich.

They get paid, but that doesn’t mean it is a smart move or a good value for the team or that will ultimately help them win a super bowl. You do not need to pay 18-20m to a single WR to have an effective passing game. The rules themselves make it easier than ever on receivers. I don’t think cost and risk to acquire in the market right now is in line with in game impact/contribution to team wins.

The giants have largely sucked as a team with OBJ on it. He is not the problem, but obviously they need more help throughout the team; they now pay infinitely more for the same player and hope for the same production without additional injury.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:10 am
  • The problem with the Giants starts with their QB.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:14 am
  • 2_0_6 wrote:
    Milehighhawk wrote:

My .02

Throughout the history of the NFL has never been the pass happy league that is it today.

Ok let's validate that assumption. I think the last 5 super bowl winners could be classified as operating in "the pass happy league that it is today."

2017 Season: Eagles - Top paid receiver: Alshon Jeffery. @ $10 mil. Season stats: 57 rec, 789 yds, 9 TD.

2016 Season: Patriots - Top paid receiver: Chris Hogan @ $5.5 mil. Season stats: 38 rec, 680 yds, 4 TD.

2015 Season: Broncos - Top paid receiver: Demaryius Thomas @ $13.2 mil. Season stats: 105 rec, 1304 yds, 6 TD

2014 Season: Patriots - Top paid receiver: Danny Amendola @ 4.7 mil, Season stats: 27 rec, 200 yds, 1 TD

2013 Season: Seahawks - Top paid receiver: Percy Harvin @ 5.9 mil, Season Stats: 1 rec, 17 yd, 0 TD

Looking at the above, Alshon Jeffery last year and DT in 2015 could be considered "top paid", but it would be a real stretch to say they were the reasons that put them over the top for a SB victory.

Again, one man's opinion, but the data seems to back it up.
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:14 am
  • I haven't even seen the amount he's getting paid and I'm already pretty sure he's overpaid. Players and teams need to realize how much of a team game football is. It's not like basketball. There's no single player (including QBs) that is going to go to a team and make them an instant contender so teams would be better off not paying anybody like they are.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:16 am
  • 2_0_6 wrote:Look at Prich.

Can't. He's sunk into the grass at FedEx.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:19 am
  • Milehighhawk wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:
    Milehighhawk wrote:

My .02

Throughout the history of the NFL has never been the pass happy league that is it today.

Ok let's validate that assumption. I think the last 5 super bowl winners could be classified as operating in "the pass happy league that it is today."

2017 Season: Eagles - Top paid receiver: Alshon Jeffery. @ $10 mil. Season stats: 57 rec, 789 yds, 9 TD.

2016 Season: Patriots - Top paid receiver: Chris Hogan @ $5.5 mil. Season stats: 38 rec, 680 yds, 4 TD.

2015 Season: Broncos - Top paid receiver: Demaryius Thomas @ $13.2 mil. Season stats: 105 rec, 1304 yds, 6 TD

2014 Season: Patriots - Top paid receiver: Danny Amendola @ 4.7 mil, Season stats: 27 rec, 200 yds, 1 TD

2013 Season: Seahawks - Top paid receiver: Percy Harvin @ 5.9 mil, Season Stats: 1 rec, 17 yd, 0 TD

Looking at the above, Alshon Jeffery last year and DT in 2015 could be considered "top paid", but it would be a real stretch to say they were the reasons that put them over the top for a SB victory.

Again, one man's opinion, but the data seems to back it up.

I get where you are going, but the Patriots seem to win with anyone so I don't count them. :lol:
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:19 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:Look at Prich.

Can't. He's sunk into the grass at FedEx.

Give it a few weeks when it starts raining, and you will be right.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:22 pm
  • The question has to be asked, is he going to be on the Madden cover?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:06 pm
  • No receiver's worth $19m/year, IMO. Especially not in the situation the Giants are in.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:58 pm
  • There are no Wr's today worth anywhere near 19 mil.
    The game is so easy with the rules and pass happy offenses.
    The Giants are just plain stupid when it comes to the cap.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:26 pm
  • Odell is one of the most exciting playmakers Int he league. Glad he got paid.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:49 pm
  • No player is worth $______ million per year, but that is the reoccurring chatter every season about a different player now making the most at every position. The NFL is swimming in cash, we know this, the players know this, and the agents know this.

Crazy to think how much some of these guys are paid.

Kirk Cousins: $28mil per year
    Blake Bortles: $17mil per year
    ZIggy Ansah: $17mil per year (tag)
    Demarcus Lawrence: $17mil per year (tag)
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:22 pm
  • That's a crazy contract. No way is ANY WR worth that much. Kudos to him though, I like that he kept "somewhat" of a low profile during this window. He put his pads on and went to work instead of holding out and acting like a punk.

I will say it was ridiculous how he and his teammates, especially Sterling Shepard, were acting in the videos posted afterward. These are the children that are making millions and millions of dollars and still bellyaching for more. I'm not sure what Shepard was so giddy about, anyway. NY most likely won't be able to give him what he's looking for.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:44 pm
  • Thepeelsessions wrote:That's a crazy contract. No way is ANY WR worth that much. Kudos to him though, I like that he kept "somewhat" of a low profile during this window. He put his pads on and went to work instead of holding out and acting like a punk.

I will say it was ridiculous how he and his teammates, especially Sterling Shepard, were acting in the videos posted afterward. These are the children that are making millions and millions of dollars and still bellyaching for more. I'm not sure what Shepard was so giddy about, anyway. NY most likely won't be able to give him what he's looking for.

Acting like a fool in front of your teammates probably didn't endear him much to them.

Another prima donna WR that sucks life out of teams.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:10 am
  • Hopefully another case of CAPhell for another team. I dont care.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:27 am
  • Running around like he cured Cancer after every touchdown is pretty lame. We get it man, you're a great player.
    LOOK AT ME EVERYONE, LOOK, LOOOOOOOK!
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:09 am
  • Milehighhawk wrote:

My .02

His contract wasn't out of this world at the time, but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ctwsF1M2c
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:06 am

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:58 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information