Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Sherman badly burned - looks like he lost about 4 steps

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:So much irony. Niners fans sticking up for the formerly hated Richard Sherman :lol:


    While Hawk fans revile the formerly loved Sherman? I'd save that laugh if I were you.
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6179
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


  • Nah, it's hilarious. I don't wish bad on the guy, but he plays for the Niners, I certainly am not going to spend my time sticking up for the guy all year, or hope he plays great. Except for against the Rams or Cards.
    Sports are funny like that, I get it. I couldn't stand Ricky Watters. After he came here, loved him.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10872
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • I thought Kyle Juszyzyzych (their FB) made a pretty good point http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... hing-point about not reading too much into clips of things that happen in practice. Practice is an opportunity to try new things, new techniques, challenge yourself, take on different matchups etc without repercussion.

    If Sherm is covering smaller WRs who run in the 4.3s or faster on deep routes without safety help in the regular season - that's on the coaches, as even in his prime that wouldn't be a good situation for him. The worry for Sherm would come if he can't hang with Fitzergald, Marshall or Woods come the regular season.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2279
    Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 1:45 pm


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Nah, it's hilarious. I don't wish bad on the guy, but he plays for the Niners, I certainly am not going to spend my time sticking up for the guy all year, or hope he plays great. Except for against the Rams or Cards.
    Sports are funny like that, I get it. I couldn't stand Ricky Watters. After he came here, loved him.


    You may not wish badly on him, but others have.

    I'm still a fan of Sherman, but I'm not rooting for him either. If Russ ever leaves I'll do the same thing, just like I did for Hass, Kitna and others.
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6179
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


  • OkieHawk wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Nah, it's hilarious. I don't wish bad on the guy, but he plays for the Niners, I certainly am not going to spend my time sticking up for the guy all year, or hope he plays great. Except for against the Rams or Cards.
    Sports are funny like that, I get it. I couldn't stand Ricky Watters. After he came here, loved him.


    You may not wish badly on him, but others have.

    I'm still a fan of Sherman, but I'm not rooting for him either. If Russ ever leaves I'll do the same thing, just like I did for Hass, Kitna and others.


    I think fans reactions to Sherman are understandable. He draws this type of reaction. He beckons it.

    He was causing disruption while still here and fans were turning on him.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13962
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    I think fans reactions to Sherman are understandable. He draws this type of reaction. He beckons it.

    He was causing disruption while still here and fans were turning on him.


    Some didn't like what he did at first, but how many people here were laughing at other fans reactions to his antics? It changed later in his tenure here, but at first the vast majority here loved it. To hate it now is ironic, which was my initial point.

    People are free to think how they want in regards to this, I just find it funny, that's all.

    Cheers!
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6179
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


  • True. I just think it's lame that he just keeps going on and on about it. Move on Sherm.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10872
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:True. I just think it's lame that he just keeps going on and on about it. Move on Sherm.



    He wont tho. He is still selling his brand...in t-shirts, jerseys, and other trinkets. He is making bank on his brand and that is his mouth.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8322
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


  • Yep, he does love him some him :lol:
    I'll always appreciate him for what he did for this team. I just choose to not dwell on it that's all. It sucks he's gone, but he's gone.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10872
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • OkieHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    I think fans reactions to Sherman are understandable. He draws this type of reaction. He beckons it.

    He was causing disruption while still here and fans were turning on him.


    Some didn't like what he did at first, but how many people here were laughing at other fans reactions to his antics? It changed later in his tenure here, but at first the vast majority here loved it. To hate it now is ironic, which was my initial point.

    People are free to think how they want in regards to this, I just find it funny, that's all.

    Cheers!


    Certainly. I think it's the "It changed later in his tenure here" that has made the dislike for Sherman by Seahawks fans an easy transition.

    He called out coaches, players, got into a public and embarrassing spat with a media member and lied about it. He's an articulate, thoughtful and diligent advocate of social rights and the protection of his peers. In his prime, he was a hell of a player. He's an interesting guy. No doubt.

    But... he's also an anti-hero. And that makes it easy for fans to turn on him. And, to be honest, probably something he covets
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13962
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • The coaches that Sherman called-out deserved to be. My attitude about Sherman going to Santa Clara is that it cements and adds an exclamation point to his criticism of those coaches. He was right, and they were wrong. Thankfully, Bevell and Cable are both gone, now.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    User avatar
    Threedee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1810
    Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:08 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


  • Calling a coach out and having a temper tantrum ON THE FIELD is ok? No, it's not. If he did that on another team, Hawks fans would be shredding him, period. But because he's a Hawk, it's somehow ok?
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10872
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Calling a coach out and having a temper tantrum ON THE FIELD is ok? No, it's not. If he did that on another team, Hawks fans would be shredding him, period. But because he's a Hawk, it's somehow ok?


    At that point, I was so done with those coaches, I guess I stopped caring about composure and professionalism. Every additional year that Bevell wasn't fired was like a slap in the face. Certainly, I was highly critical of Titus Young, when he was causing problems for Detroit, and even lining-up incorrectly.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    User avatar
    Threedee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1810
    Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:08 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


  • Threedee wrote:The coaches that Sherman called-out deserved to be. My attitude about Sherman going to Santa Clara is that it cements and adds an exclamation point to his criticism of those coaches. He was right, and they were wrong. Thankfully, Bevell and Cable are both gone, now.


    You'd make a horrible teammate.

    It's never OK to publicly call out your coaches or cause negative dissent that undermines and takes away from the team............and it's why Sherman was expendable as opposed to trying to work something out with him to keep him.

    Sherman's never understood the boss/employee part of football. He does now.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13894
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Threedee wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Calling a coach out and having a temper tantrum ON THE FIELD is ok? No, it's not. If he did that on another team, Hawks fans would be shredding him, period. But because he's a Hawk, it's somehow ok?


    At that point, I was so done with those coaches, I guess I stopped caring about composure and professionalism. Every additional year that Bevell wasn't fired was like a slap in the face. Certainly, I was highly critical of Titus Young, when he was causing problems for Detroit, and even lining-up incorrectly.


    Well composure and professionalism are both important whether you stopped caring about it or not (does this mean Sherm has skip bayless status?). It is really not Sherman’s place to question coaches, even more so on the opposite side of the ball, and very publicly. It leads to discord in the organization that does not benefit the team. Can you imagine if Sherman was a coach, and someone clapped at him like that? Wow. Sherm gets really awkward when he is wrong, it would be bad. He’d probably write an essay about it explaining how he was in the right. He should be able to appreciate the challenges of the coaches job, and treat people the way he wants to be treated. If he has critiques, do it the right way. Sitting on an I told you so, resentful mentality is classic Sherm, and it is also a character flaw. No one wants to deal with that garbage.
    User avatar
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4395
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am


  • Jimmy G tried to throw a fade to Garcon and Sherman broke that shit up.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Go Hawks
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10872
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • adeltaY wrote:Jimmy G tried to throw a fade to Garcon and Sherman broke that shit up.


    Nothing but "the tip".

    I hope the 9ers feel that over, and over, and over again. :2thumbs:
    ____________
    BLUE and GREEN...
    User avatar
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1979
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 am


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Threedee wrote:The coaches that Sherman called-out deserved to be. My attitude about Sherman going to Santa Clara is that it cements and adds an exclamation point to his criticism of those coaches. He was right, and they were wrong. Thankfully, Bevell and Cable are both gone, now.


    You'd make a horrible teammate.

    It's never OK to publicly call out your coaches or cause negative dissent that undermines and takes away from the team............and it's why Sherman was expendable as opposed to trying to work something out with him to keep him.

    Sherman's never understood the boss/employee part of football. He does now.


    Yeah you say that but he was right.

    If you don't make shit public then the inside the building squashes it. We all knew that shit was going on behind the scenes, or those that were in touch with reality, the body language and the separation on the field of individuals that previously were together, the Doug Baldwin interaction with Cable etc.

    Everything was fine we kept hearing, but Baldwin and Harvin had got into a fight, there was altercations with others, refusal to do some things coaches asked. But in the press conferences he was working thru issues and would be back at some point, everything is fine.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25471
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • I love the Seahawks but the fan base has become insufferable over the past couple of years. I'm starting to hate the fan base as much as the Cowboys fan base.
    strohmin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 811
    Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:12 pm



  • strohmin wrote:I love the Seahawks but the fan base has become insufferable over the past couple of years. I'm starting to hate the fan base as much as the Cowboys fan base.

    I am not actively rooting against Sherm (and I certainly hope he makes a full recovery) but I would make the same statement about Sherman you make of the fans.
    He became pretty much insufferable the last couple years. Won't take blame for anything (to the point of straight up lying). Everything is someone elses fault (coaches,the offense).
    Throwing tantrums and generally acting like a spoiled child who never takes a look at their own actions and failures but continually blames everyone around them.
    I get on some level that got him to where he was. All that ultra competitiveness and never believing he could fail (and if he did it wasn't his fault). I think that mentality helped him achieve what he did but I also think its his downfall too.

    Like it or not he was part of the rise of this team and he was a destructive part of our fall too. He helped tear this team into divisions and still is trying to do that once he is gone too. I have been done with Sherm for about 2 years now and I'm glad they finally cut the cord. Better late than never I guess.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1633
    Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 7:21 pm


  • Natethegreat wrote:
    strohmin wrote:I love the Seahawks but the fan base has become insufferable over the past couple of years. I'm starting to hate the fan base as much as the Cowboys fan base.

    I am not actively rooting against Sherm (and I certainly hope he makes a full recovery) but I would make the same statement about Sherman you make of the fans.
    He became pretty much insufferable the last couple years. Won't take blame for anything (to the point of straight up lying). Everything is someone elses fault (coaches,the offense).
    Throwing tantrums and generally acting like a spoiled child who never takes a look at their own actions and failures but continually blames everyone around them.
    I get on some level that got him to where he was. All that ultra competitiveness and never believing he could fail (and if he did it wasn't his fault). I think that mentality helped him achieve what he did but I also think its his downfall too.

    Like it or not he was part of the rise of this team and he was a destructive part of our fall too. He helped tear this team into divisions and still is trying to do that once he is gone too. I have been done with Sherm for about 2 years now and I'm glad they finally cut the cord. Better late than never I guess.


    Yes because Sherman is the one who led one of the worst offenses in the league for the past two years. Sherman put together and coached the worst O-Line I have ever seen. Sherman is the one who gave Cary Williams that horribly stupid contract. Sherman is the one who held out of camp because he hated his contract. He is the one who traded Golden Tate for Percy Harvin. He is the one who made one of the worst calls in NFL History. Sherman is the one who traded for one of the best pass catching tight ends just to turn him into a blocker. Say what you want about Sherman, but he almost always backed up his talk and he gave everything he had to the team even playing through injuries. This team was destroyed before Sherman started complaining. The offense put the defense on the field 80% of the game and always in horrible situations. If Sherman messed up on a play, you know he would be honest with himself and correct his mistakes. I wouldn't count Sherman out as an elite CB based on one play. I'm betting he will be back to his old self by the start of the season. However, Sherman did do this franchise a huge favor and expedited the process of blowing up this team because after that superbowl loss, this current team was not going back there with all the stupid roster decisions and coaching decisions. If Sherman never complained, I'm pretty sure we would have had to suffer through the same nonsense for another 2 or 3 years until Pete retired.
    strohmin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 811
    Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:12 pm


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Threedee wrote:The coaches that Sherman called-out deserved to be. My attitude about Sherman going to Santa Clara is that it cements and adds an exclamation point to his criticism of those coaches. He was right, and they were wrong. Thankfully, Bevell and Cable are both gone, now.


    You'd make a horrible teammate.

    It's never OK to publicly call out your coaches or cause negative dissent that undermines and takes away from the team............and it's why Sherman was expendable as opposed to trying to work something out with him to keep him.

    Sherman's never understood the boss/employee part of football. He does now.


    Sherman wasn't the only one either. Lynch didn't understand it, Bennett didn't understand it. You know why because that's the culture that Pete Carroll created. There's no discipline or accountability for anything. This all started when Lynch gave Bevell the finger, Harvin, Tate, Baldwin fight during the SB, Bevell throwing Lockette under the bus, etc. Nobody was held accountable or disciplined for those things. Look at the penalties and mistakes on the field and tell me that the Seahawks are a disciplined team. They are not. They keep making the same mistakes over and over. That's proof of zero discipline. I'm not saying that Pete is a bad coach, he's obviously not. He needs to be more of coach than "just one of the guys" at times though. I don't think Pete understands that.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7324
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Threedee wrote:The coaches that Sherman called-out deserved to be. My attitude about Sherman going to Santa Clara is that it cements and adds an exclamation point to his criticism of those coaches. He was right, and they were wrong. Thankfully, Bevell and Cable are both gone, now.


    You'd make a horrible teammate.

    It's never OK to publicly call out your coaches or cause negative dissent that undermines and takes away from the team............and it's why Sherman was expendable as opposed to trying to work something out with him to keep him.

    Sherman's never understood the boss/employee part of football. He does now.


    Sherman wasn't the only one either. Lynch didn't understand it, Bennett didn't understand it. You know why because that's the culture that Pete Carroll created. There's no discipline or accountability for anything. This all started when Lynch gave Bevell the finger, Harvin, Tate, Baldwin fight during the SB, Bevell throwing Lockette under the bus, etc. Nobody was held accountable or disciplined for those things. Look at the penalties and mistakes on the field and tell me that the Seahawks are a disciplined team. They are not. They keep making the same mistakes over and over. That's proof of zero discipline. I'm not saying that Pete is a bad coach, he's obviously not. He needs to be more of coach than "just one of the guys" at times though. I don't think Pete understands that.




    This assessment is laughable. Because discipline isn't public, means it doesn't happen? This is nothing but pure conjecture based on a handful of public incidents which we never get a glimpse into the fallout because Pete doesn't throw people under the bus publicly.
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 736
    Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:33 pm


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Threedee wrote:The coaches that Sherman called-out deserved to be. My attitude about Sherman going to Santa Clara is that it cements and adds an exclamation point to his criticism of those coaches. He was right, and they were wrong. Thankfully, Bevell and Cable are both gone, now.


    You'd make a horrible teammate.

    It's never OK to publicly call out your coaches or cause negative dissent that undermines and takes away from the team............and it's why Sherman was expendable as opposed to trying to work something out with him to keep him.

    Sherman's never understood the boss/employee part of football. He does now.

    :177692: :34853_doh:

    Apparently some don’t understand that coaches also have personal responsibility.

    It’s amazing how some of you still give a selfish piss poor coach a free pass. LOL

    I’d guess I’d be a “horrible teammate” in your world too...... oh well!

    I would have gone off on a coach that cost me a championship too if I were in Sherm’s shoes, but only much much sooner than Sherm did.

    Championships are very rare, as are opportunities to win one.

    Said coach crapped the bed under pressure and CHOKED, and what did he do, instead of taking responsibility for his own MISTAKE????? .....he threw his players under the bus without taking ANY responsibility for his huge mistake.

    Explain to me how that is being a good teammate and “team player”???? Just because he is a coach he gets a free pass for HIS mistakes that cost his team a championship, and what about his shameful actions of blaming others for it afterwards? That last part alone should have been a reason for his termination on the spot.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24175
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:So much irony. Niners fans sticking up for the formerly hated Richard Sherman :lol:


    In fairness, if Sherm had not been a Seahawk, he’d be one of the guys I hated. Not really “hated”, but as a figure of speech.
    Sure it’s a double standard but we’re football fans, we are entitled to be fickle.
    I can’t fault a 9er fan for being excited and full of hope in Sherman, and I surly understand why they “hated” him as a Hawk.

    Fact is, we have to face Sherman at least twice a year now, I wish him no ill but I hope he’s lost every bit of 4 steps. I can’t even imagine how it would feel to have a “tip” from him keep us out of our 4th SB.

    Sherman is a polarizing character, one that is very easy to love on your team, and easier to hate on the other team.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    User avatar
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 17409
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


  • I'm thankful that we had Sherm when he was at the top of his game.

    The glorious moment of "The Tip" is forever etched in my brain.

    The Whiners can have him now. It's time to move on.
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4066
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


  • OkieHawk wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Nah, it's hilarious. I don't wish bad on the guy, but he plays for the Niners, I certainly am not going to spend my time sticking up for the guy all year, or hope he plays great. Except for against the Rams or Cards.
    Sports are funny like that, I get it. I couldn't stand Ricky Watters. After he came here, loved him.


    You may not wish badly on him, but others have.

    I'm still a fan of Sherman, but I'm not rooting for him either. If Russ ever leaves I'll do the same thing, just like I did for Hass, Kitna and others.


    I wasn't a fan of Waters before or after he came to the Seahawks. There is a certain team loyalty but individuals also matter. I wouldn't necessarily say I'm hoping for Sherman to excel, but I do wish him well. His ego seems to be getting the best of him, which is taking the shine off a little bit, but I really appreciated his football smarts when he was with Seattle and respected that a lot. I think his knowledge of the game was a great example for kids about the importance of hard work, not just talent.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105552
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


  • Sherman suffered a grade 1 hamstring sprain... Not looking good for him.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • strohmin wrote:
    Natethegreat wrote:
    strohmin wrote:I love the Seahawks but the fan base has become insufferable over the past couple of years. I'm starting to hate the fan base as much as the Cowboys fan base.

    I am not actively rooting against Sherm (and I certainly hope he makes a full recovery) but I would make the same statement about Sherman you make of the fans.
    He became pretty much insufferable the last couple years. Won't take blame for anything (to the point of straight up lying). Everything is someone elses fault (coaches,the offense).
    Throwing tantrums and generally acting like a spoiled child who never takes a look at their own actions and failures but continually blames everyone around them.
    I get on some level that got him to where he was. All that ultra competitiveness and never believing he could fail (and if he did it wasn't his fault). I think that mentality helped him achieve what he did but I also think its his downfall too.

    Like it or not he was part of the rise of this team and he was a destructive part of our fall too. He helped tear this team into divisions and still is trying to do that once he is gone too. I have been done with Sherm for about 2 years now and I'm glad they finally cut the cord. Better late than never I guess.


    Yes because Sherman is the one who led one of the worst offenses in the league for the past two years. Sherman put together and coached the worst O-Line I have ever seen. Sherman is the one who gave Cary Williams that horribly stupid contract. Sherman is the one who held out of camp because he hated his contract. He is the one who traded Golden Tate for Percy Harvin. He is the one who made one of the worst calls in NFL History. Sherman is the one who traded for one of the best pass catching tight ends just to turn him into a blocker. Say what you want about Sherman, but he almost always backed up his talk and he gave everything he had to the team even playing through injuries. This team was destroyed before Sherman started complaining. The offense put the defense on the field 80% of the game and always in horrible situations. If Sherman messed up on a play, you know he would be honest with himself and correct his mistakes. I wouldn't count Sherman out as an elite CB based on one play. I'm betting he will be back to his old self by the start of the season. However, Sherman did do this franchise a huge favor and expedited the process of blowing up this team because after that superbowl loss, this current team was not going back there with all the stupid roster decisions and coaching decisions. If Sherman never complained, I'm pretty sure we would have had to suffer through the same nonsense for another 2 or 3 years until Pete retired.


    No paragraphs, didn't read
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 16188
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:No paragraphs, didn't read

    Your reply makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. :179417:
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30063
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • adeltaY wrote:Sherman suffered a grade 1 hamstring sprain... Not looking good for him.


    Unfortunately this is probably how it's going to go for Richard for however many more seasons he tries to play.

    Sure there are exceptions like Terence Newman who can play forever............but the shelf life of a defensive back is right up there with RB's, they decline rapidly after 30.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13894
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • It also could be a case of another part of the body compensating for the Achilles injuries. It happens all the time.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10872
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • strohmin wrote:
    Natethegreat wrote:
    strohmin wrote:I love the Seahawks but the fan base has become insufferable over the past couple of years. I'm starting to hate the fan base as much as the Cowboys fan base.

    I am not actively rooting against Sherm (and I certainly hope he makes a full recovery) but I would make the same statement about Sherman you make of the fans.
    He became pretty much insufferable the last couple years. Won't take blame for anything (to the point of straight up lying). Everything is someone elses fault (coaches,the offense).
    Throwing tantrums and generally acting like a spoiled child who never takes a look at their own actions and failures but continually blames everyone around them.
    I get on some level that got him to where he was. All that ultra competitiveness and never believing he could fail (and if he did it wasn't his fault). I think that mentality helped him achieve what he did but I also think its his downfall too.

    Like it or not he was part of the rise of this team and he was a destructive part of our fall too. He helped tear this team into divisions and still is trying to do that once he is gone too. I have been done with Sherm for about 2 years now and I'm glad they finally cut the cord. Better late than never I guess.


    Yes because Sherman is the one who led one of the worst offenses in the league for the past two years. Sherman put together and coached the worst O-Line I have ever seen. Sherman is the one who gave Cary Williams that horribly stupid contract. Sherman is the one who held out of camp because he hated his contract. He is the one who traded Golden Tate for Percy Harvin. He is the one who made one of the worst calls in NFL History. Sherman is the one who traded for one of the best pass catching tight ends just to turn him into a blocker. Say what you want about Sherman, but he almost always backed up his talk and he gave everything he had to the team even playing through injuries. This team was destroyed before Sherman started complaining. The offense put the defense on the field 80% of the game and always in horrible situations. If Sherman messed up on a play, you know he would be honest with himself and correct his mistakes.


    Kinda like he was honest about telling a reporter he'd end their career, then lied about anyone hearing it? That kinda honesty? :D

    Look man, the defense had to hold up a lot more than their fair share for years, totally true. But they were also a top 3 defense of all time too. But that doesn't let him off the hook for being a difficult diva either.

    He's(was?) a great great player, but like all humans he isn't infallible. The guy was a pain in the butt for awhile now, it's ok to admit it.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6701
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:It also could be a case of another part of the body compensating for the Achilles injuries. It happens all the time.

    Yep.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24175
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:It also could be a case of another part of the body compensating for the Achilles injuries. It happens all the time.


    I don't think its serious. They are being really careful with him.

    Maybe this is the way of the world now and he'll just constantly have nagging injuries. It's possible...

    ...but I kinda tend to think he's been rehabbing that Achilles like crazy and its possible he just overcompensated.

    Who knows. I'd be stunned if he missed week 1.

    Dante Pettis was asked who was the hardest CB to break loose from in camp and he didn't even hesitate before saying "Sherm".

    Now that can be read a few different ways. Could be he's the old Richard Sherman. Could be all the other CBs suck and he's a rookie so he doesn't know better.

    Who knows? Thankfully we don't have to wait much longer to find out. The season is nearly upon us gents. Good Luck this year. :)
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6142
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Sorry Hawks fans but Sherman (and the entire Seahawks defense) has every right to call out and still be pissed at the offensive coaches and/or Pete Carrol for handing a Super Bowl trophy to the Patriots by calling the most idiotic play call in the history of Super Bowls. Marshawn Lynch. One freaking yard.

    I don't blame him (or anyone else) for a second.



    But I respect Lynch for his measured take on it a few years later.
    Sports Hernia wrote:Mayfield has grown on me a bit, but I disagree with him here.

    If an employer fires/terminates me, why do I owe them any sort of “loyalty”?

    &@$# that!

    That's what Sherman said
    User avatar
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1410
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am


  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:Sorry Hawks fans but Sherman (and the entire Seahawks defense) has every right to call out and still be pissed at the offensive coaches and/or Pete Carrol for handing a Super Bowl trophy to the Patriots by calling the most idiotic play call in the history of Super Bowls. Marshawn Lynch. One freaking yard.

    I don't blame him (or anyone else) for a second.



    But I respect Lynch for his measured take on it a few years later.



    Do all the calling out you want, AFTER you leave the team or retire. But when you're on the team? You shut up, play football and don't be a selfish distraction to the team.

    Not sure when the worm turned on players popping off all the time with their opinions and criticisms about everything team related, but it's a negative distraction and shouldn't be tolerated.

    Which is why you're now paying Richard to get hurt and give everyone his hot takes, and not us.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13894
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:Sorry Hawks fans but Sherman (and the entire Seahawks defense) has every right to call out and still be pissed at the offensive coaches and/or Pete Carrol for handing a Super Bowl trophy to the Patriots by calling the most idiotic play call in the history of Super Bowls. Marshawn Lynch. One freaking yard.

    I don't blame him (or anyone else) for a second.



    But I respect Lynch for his measured take on it a few years later.


    hot take
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13962
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • cool story bro
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10872
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • pmedic920 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:So much irony. Niners fans sticking up for the formerly hated Richard Sherman :lol:


    In fairness, if Sherm had not been a Seahawk, he’d be one of the guys I hated. Not really “hated”, but as a figure of speech.
    Sure it’s a double standard but we’re football fans, we are entitled to be fickle.
    I can’t fault a 9er fan for being excited and full of hope in Sherman, and I surly understand why they “hated” him as a Hawk.

    Fact is, we have to face Sherman at least twice a year now, I wish him no ill but I hope he’s lost every bit of 4 steps. I can’t even imagine how it would feel to have a “tip” from him keep us out of our 4th SB.

    Sherman is a polarizing character, one that is very easy to love on your team, and easier to hate on the other team.


    I still remember the very first time his name was etched into my memory.

    I was on an NYG message board I think and the thread title was "Richard Sherman taunts Tom Brady after the game", and a majority of the posts in that thread were:

    "Who the f**** is Richard Sherman??"

    :lol:

    The classic pic of Sherman yelling at Brady with the head down is how most of the NFL fanbase got to learn who he was, and he kept up that image for quite a long time.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1669
    Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 7:06 pm


  • Shouldn't those "5 Golden rings" be renamed to "5 rusty rings"? A very large chunk of the 49ers fan base today wasn't even alive the last time they won a ring.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    User avatar
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2847
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


  • NINEster wrote:
    The classic pic of Sherman yelling at Brady with the head down is how most of the NFL fanbase got to learn who he was, and he kept up that image for quite a long time.


    Problem is Richard can no longer back up the mouth, yet he keeps yappin'.

    I love what Richard did for the Hawks, he helped give the LOB it's identity and was actually a good team leader in the beginning.

    Unfortunately because he now plays for a rival, I can't wish him well. I hope he stinks up the joint and gets burned 10 times a game. Also unfortunately for you, if that happens he'll just blame the coaches.

    The day Richard apologizes for his actions or comments..................... will be the first.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13894
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:My lord why are so many of our fans invested I sherman failing? The dude is coming back from an injury that ends careers on the regular. Embarrassing to see the joy evident in some of these posts.



    is it?

    Because Sherman has been trashing the organization since he left. He was also a disruptive force in his last bit of time hear. There are Seahawks fans here who feel aggrieved by it, as they are welcome to.

    I personally could care less, but to be "embarrassed" by some fans who feel burned by the guy celebrating his failure in his new place lacks perspective.


    So you enjoy hearing your friend's ballads about how awful their exes were when you know they're pretty far from being a prize pig themselves?
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3333
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm


  • mrt144 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:My lord why are so many of our fans invested I sherman failing? The dude is coming back from an injury that ends careers on the regular. Embarrassing to see the joy evident in some of these posts.



    is it?

    Because Sherman has been trashing the organization since he left. He was also a disruptive force in his last bit of time hear. There are Seahawks fans here who feel aggrieved by it, as they are welcome to.

    I personally could care less, but to be "embarrassed" by some fans who feel burned by the guy celebrating his failure in his new place lacks perspective.


    So you enjoy hearing your friend's ballads about how awful their exes were when you know they're pretty far from being a prize pig themselves?



    But if you play the record backwards..... :rumble: :stirthepot:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8322
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:My lord why are so many of our fans invested I sherman failing? The dude is coming back from an injury that ends careers on the regular. Embarrassing to see the joy evident in some of these posts.



    is it?

    Because Sherman has been trashing the organization since he left. He was also a disruptive force in his last bit of time hear. There are Seahawks fans here who feel aggrieved by it, as they are welcome to.

    I personally could care less, but to be "embarrassed" by some fans who feel burned by the guy celebrating his failure in his new place lacks perspective.


    So you enjoy hearing your friend's ballads about how awful their exes were when you know they're pretty far from being a prize pig themselves?



    But if you play the record backwards..... :rumble: :stirthepot:


    :lol: I do enjoy a good happy country song where everything works out. But it is spooky.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3333
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm


  • mrt144 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:My lord why are so many of our fans invested I sherman failing? The dude is coming back from an injury that ends careers on the regular. Embarrassing to see the joy evident in some of these posts.



    is it?

    Because Sherman has been trashing the organization since he left. He was also a disruptive force in his last bit of time hear. There are Seahawks fans here who feel aggrieved by it, as they are welcome to.

    I personally could care less, but to be "embarrassed" by some fans who feel burned by the guy celebrating his failure in his new place lacks perspective.


    So you enjoy hearing your friend's ballads about how awful their exes were when you know they're pretty far from being a prize pig themselves?



    That analogy makes no sense. But either does getting embarrassed about fans rooting against Sherman, so you got me.

    Further, to equate Sherman as an "ex" isn't entirely apt, unless that ex was shameless and publical about being fantastic in the sack for a few years, then got tired and bored, finally stopped performing and then started telling your friends and co-workers how awful you are.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13962
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:My lord why are so many of our fans invested I sherman failing? The dude is coming back from an injury that ends careers on the regular. Embarrassing to see the joy evident in some of these posts.



    is it?

    Because Sherman has been trashing the organization since he left. He was also a disruptive force in his last bit of time hear. There are Seahawks fans here who feel aggrieved by it, as they are welcome to.

    I personally could care less, but to be "embarrassed" by some fans who feel burned by the guy celebrating his failure in his new place lacks perspective.


    So you enjoy hearing your friend's ballads about how awful their exes were when you know they're pretty far from being a prize pig themselves?



    That analogy makes no sense. But either does getting embarrassed about fans rooting against Sherman, so you got me.

    Further, to equate Sherman as an "ex" isn't entirely apt, unless that ex was shameless and publical about being fantastic in the sack for a few years, then got tired and bored, finally stopped performing and then started telling your friends and co-workers how awful you are.


    I guess you just have less dumbass and spiteful friends than I.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3333
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm


  • mrt144 wrote:
    I guess you just have less dumbass and spiteful friends than I.


    I might just have less friends.

    Now I'm sad
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13962
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:06 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], suppaball and 40 guests