Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Reuben Foster Suspended two games.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Reuben Foster Suspended two games.
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:08 am
  • Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Re: Reuben Foster Suspended two games.
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:38 am
  • If we was a crap player, probably would be more?
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:52 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:If we was a crap player, probably would be more?

Doubt it.

Its just for the Marijuana and California possession of a weapon he bought legally in Alabama.

There was no punishment for the Domestic Violence.

I think Zeke Elliott proves that the NFL doesn't care if you are a star player. They'll suspend however they like.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:20 pm
  • Good point
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:08 pm
  • Like Jameis my suspicion is the NFL is now sidestepping the annual media disaster that is the appeals process.

Instead of giving Winston the predicted six that will be reduced to 3 over appeals they just give him 3 right away, and instead of giving Foster the predicted four that will be reduced to two over appeals they just give him the two right away.

If this is a trend that continues it will be good for the entire league.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:56 pm
  • Aldon Smith 2.0
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:52 pm
  • Popeyejones wrote:Like Jameis my suspicion is the NFL is now sidestepping the annual media disaster that is the appeals process.

Instead of giving Winston the predicted six that will be reduced to 3 over appeals they just give him 3 right away, and instead of giving Foster the predicted four that will be reduced to two over appeals they just give him the two right away.

If this is a trend that continues it will be good for the entire league.

Can't speak to Foster's suspension with the exception that considering Winston's, 2 days is fair, but in WInston's case, his suspension was negotiated and I believe he gave up his right to appeal in that negotiation.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:01 am
  • ^^^^ Ah, didn't know that. Makes sense. Thanks for the info! :2thumbs:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:31 pm
  • Does this mean they won't suspend him for domestic violence, or is that still coming in the future?
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:15 pm
  • NFL does not suspend Foster for domestic violence.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:30 pm
  • Erebus wrote:Does this mean they won't suspend him for domestic violence, or is that still coming in the future?

It means he will not receive a suspension for domestic violence.

Many people quote the Zeke Elliott case as an example because the police didn't charge him, but there is and has always been one big difference:

With Zeke, the accuser never recanted and spoke against him to the NFL. With Foster, she recanted entirely and was never advocating against him to the league.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:49 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:15 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Erebus wrote:Does this mean they won't suspend him for domestic violence, or is that still coming in the future?

It means he will not receive a suspension for domestic violence.

Many people quote the Zeke Elliott case as an example because the police didn't charge him, but there is and has always been one big difference:

With Zeke, the accuser never recanted and spoke against him to the NFL. With Foster, she recanted entirely and was never advocating against him to the league.

And also stole from him and didn’t call the cops on him until AFTER he dumped her (mighty suspicious).
    Sports Hernia wrote:Mayfield has grown on me a bit, but I disagree with him here.

If an employer fires/terminates me, why do I owe them any sort of “loyalty”?

&@$# that!

That's what Sherman said
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:24 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:Aldon Smith 2.0

Yup
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:28 pm
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:56 pm
  • That should be the nail in the coffin for his career. Should be released by Monday I bet.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:38 am
  • Cyrus12 wrote:That should be the nail in the coffin for his career. Should be released by Monday I bet.

Can’t wait for the excuses coming from Niner fans on this.....

Some of these idiots (the players that do stupid shit like this) never learn.

You got millions, all you have to do is not be an idiot and be a decent human being for a few years.

Million dollar talent, 10 cent head!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:53 am
  • He is stupid, this female has repeatedly been a problem for him and again he is with her and this happens.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:28 am
  • Cut him tomorrow. He had his nth change. It's time to move on. Also this is one player the NFL should definitely "collude" with not to sign, to make sure everyone sees it as a warning. This sort of garbage does not belong in the NFL. Even if, by some miracle, he is "innocent" of hitting her, even if it was some con (as ridiculous as that sounds), he was around her, which was already a violation of trust with the team, the league, and fans everywhere. He needs to be banned for life.
    Sports Hernia wrote:Mayfield has grown on me a bit, but I disagree with him here.

&@$# that!

That's what Sherman said
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:24 am
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:Cut him tomorrow. He had his nth change. It's time to move on. Also this is one player the NFL should definitely "collude" with not to sign, to make sure everyone sees it as a warning. This sort of garbage does not belong in the NFL. Even if, by some miracle, he is "innocent" of hitting her, even if it was some con (as ridiculous as that sounds), he was around her, which was already a violation of trust with the team, the league, and fans everywhere. He needs to be banned for life.

Yup I agree with 5 rings. This dude is and should be done forever.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:19 am
  • The last time IIRC I was the one who bumped his thread with the link and declared they should cut him.

In that instance I was obviously wrong.

This is the same woman-- the one who admitted on the stand that she made the whole thing up and was trying to end his career as retribution for breaking up with her.

Foster has been posting pictures on SM of him with a new GF, and referred to her as wifey material for traveling to Tampa with him.

The only version of what happened here that is tolerable is that the ex saw that and went to Tampa, and again is running the same game.

Even if he didn't hit her and she was who he was traveling with they should cut him for pure stupidity.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:57 am

• And it's official ladies and gents.
    2018 Adopt-a-rookie: Tre Flowers, CB
    jmahon316
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:02 am
  • jmahon316 wrote:

And it's official ladies and gents.

Good Riddence
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:43 am
  • Yep scratch all that. He's gone.

Now we get to watch fanbase roulette, in which a bunch of fanbases who said the 9ers were scum for keeping him start floating ideas of their team picking him up. :lol: :roll:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:25 am
  • I for one am glad the Niners cut him. Good job to the front office staff. Harbs and crew would have said “let’s see the process”. Only bad thing was, the waste of draft pics.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:13 am
  • Funny how many people were pissed when we didn't pick this guy. Somehow might be a worse pick then McDowell.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:30 am
  • All the more reason to trade that 2019 1st round pick away for latter round picks.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:27 pm
  • These guys, Lawrance Phillips another very much like Foster with a lot of the same type of history concerning DV, ruined his career and finally ended up in prison.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:01 pm
  • Popeyejones wrote:The last time IIRC I was the one who bumped his thread with the link and declared they should cut him.

This is the same woman-- the one who admitted on the stand that she made the whole thing up and was trying to end his career as retribution for breaking up with her.

Foster has been posting pictures on SM of him with a new GF, and referred to her as wifey material for traveling to Tampa with him.

The only version of what happened here that is tolerable is that the ex saw that and went to Tampa, and again is running the same game.

Even if he didn't hit her and she was who he was traveling with they should cut him for pure stupidity.

Good job blaming the victim.

Because a victim has never been coerced into recanting her statement before. Pathetic. :34853_doh:
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:49 pm
  • Glad we cut this trash, welcome to the raiders Foster
    SF49r
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:49 pm
  • SF49r wrote:Glad we cut this trash, welcome to the raiders Foster

Raiders and no one else will touch this guy. He is done.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:52 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:The last time IIRC I was the one who bumped his thread with the link and declared they should cut him.

Good job blaming the victim.

Because a victim has never been coerced into recanting her statement before. Pathetic. :34853_doh:

.... but but but he is a “good player” so he gets a pass!

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:13 pm
  • He was having a terrible season any way. Outplayed by a 5th round pick last year and a 3rd round pick rookie. Also always getting injured.
    SF49r
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:28 pm
  • SF49r wrote:He was having a terrible season any way. Outplayed by a 5th round pick last year and a 3rd round pick rookie. Also always getting injured.

If it was an assault it’s a horrible thing... as for the Niners it’s probably a blessing in disguise to dump this guy now as he cannot stop being a dumbass off the field, plus his injury history.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:00 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    SF49r wrote:He was having a terrible season any way. Outplayed by a 5th round pick last year and a 3rd round pick rookie. Also always getting injured.

If it was an assault it’s a horrible thing... as for the Niners it’s probably a blessing in disguise to dump this guy now as he cannot stop being a dumbass off the field, plus his injury history.

Yeah glad the team swallowed their pride and cut his ass. I protected him the last DV case but not this one, this guy is just stuck on stupid. Also Fred Warner has played very well in his place and he has a much better head on his shoulders. Good riddance.
    SF49r
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:37 am
  • The last situation there was reasonable suspicion that the accusation was made up. The reason this case is different (strictly NFL speaking, not legally), besides the fact that there is no catfight video providing reasonable evidence that the injuries were not caused by him, is that he was given strict instructions to follow which he failed to do. He remained in contact with her, and he was obviously forbidden to do so.

Now the wild speculation time! I’m thinking the pics of the other girl flared up jealousy from Ennis, so she calls him, he stupidly meets with her (at the team hotel, which of course is forbidden by the team), and they are back to their domestic spiraling.

Btw, for the record I knew he was doomed as soon as he started posting pictures of that model. In his situation you’ve got to stick to professionals for “relationships.” You know, Ladies of the Night.

&@$# that!

That's what Sherman said
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:50 am
  • Honestly, the whole thing is fishy to me.

I don't know if he's guilty or not, but at this point from strictly a football perspective, I don't care.

They had to let him go. Even if he didn't do it, how the hell is the same woman that falsely accused you in the freakin team hotel of an away game the night before the game? How are you even with her on her floor?

They got into a verbal altercation about a month ago in SC as well. STAY AWAY YOU MORON.

Even if he's never laid a hand on her, he is an idiot for putting himself in that position.

Richard Sherman I think said it best (and that's a sentence I never thought I'd utter).

“It’s what they had to do,” Sherman said. “I think the organization has handled the situation as best they could. Obviously been patient and deliberate and understanding of who Reuben is and what kind of heart he has.

“But it’s a really compromising situation for the team, repeatedly. So, you understand the decision the organization has to make, after repeated offenses.”
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:00 am
  • I suspect Reuben will be back in the league for another go if he maintain his health and conditioning; but he will never fulfill his football potential.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:58 pm
  • getnasty wrote:Funny how many people were pissed when we didn't pick this guy. Somehow might be a worse pick then McDowell.

...but can he ride an ATV?

...too soon?
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion...man." - The Dude
    CHawkTailGator
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:07 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:Honestly, the whole thing is fishy to me.

I don't know if he's guilty or not, but at this point from strictly a football perspective, I don't care.

They had to let him go. Even if he didn't do it, how the hell is the same woman that falsely accused you in the freakin team hotel of an away game the night before the game? How are you even with her on her floor?

They got into a verbal altercation about a month ago in SC as well. STAY AWAY YOU MORON.

Even if he's never laid a hand on her, he is an idiot for putting himself in that position.

Richard Sherman I think said it best (and that's a sentence I never thought I'd utter).

“It’s what they had to do,” Sherman said. “I think the organization has handled the situation as best they could. Obviously been patient and deliberate and understanding of who Reuben is and what kind of heart he has.

“But it’s a really compromising situation for the team, repeatedly. So, you understand the decision the organization has to make, after repeated offenses.”

I agree with most of your post, but your first sentence bugs me.

What smells fishy?

You pretty much said the guy is an idiot that has trouble making good decisions, doesn’t it begin and end there?

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:15 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Honestly, the whole thing is fishy to me.

What smells fishy?

You pretty much said the guy is an idiot that has trouble making good decisions, doesn’t it begin and end there?

Oh...

He's dating another woman now and posted pictures with her after he was released from jail. IE, it wasn't like he was with the accuser anymore. He's moved on. She even referred to him as her ex-boyfriend on the call to 911. Why was she even there?

He has posted stuff like "Some people you just can't help" on Twitter in the days before the encounter, and she was staying in the same hotel but outside the 49ers block of rooms.

Its hard for me to take her word for it. Women deserve to be believed, but this isn't cut and dry after what happened the last time and the fact that he's moved on to another woman. It's hard for me not to think there is a possibility she's screwing with his career again because she's jealous that he's moved on. That's not to say I think that's what's happening, but after the last fiasco I can't rule that out. I just dunno.

I don't know what really happened though and that's why I say its fishy.

Regardless though, in the best case scenario he put himself in the position for her to make a false claim and further damage himself and the team. At worst he's a woman beater.

Either way, they had to cut him. Right now, he's incapable of making good decisions and is a liability.

Now before anyone calls me a homer or something on this, Reuben Foster is not and will not ever be a 49er again. I could just say "screw Reuben Foster, he's a woman beater" and move on. It just doesn't all add up for me tho. If it does turns out that its all BS again, then he'll be able to try again, this time with another team and if he gets his life together with that new team, just stab me. LOL. That'll be hard to watch. That was my fear with Aldon but he proved he was just way too screwed up.

Point being, I'd have more invested AS A FAN that he's a total creep. Just seems off to me though.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:30 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

What smells fishy?

Oh...

He's dating another woman now and posted pictures with her after he was released from jail. IE, it wasn't like he was with the accuser anymore. He's moved on. She even referred to him as her ex-boyfriend on the call to 911. Why was she even there?

He has posted stuff like "Some people you just can't help" on Twitter in the days before the encounter, and she was staying in the same hotel but outside the 49ers block of rooms.

Its hard for me to take her word for it. Women deserve to be believed, but this isn't cut and dry after what happened the last time and the fact that he's moved on to another woman. It's hard for me not to think there is a possibility she's screwing with his career again because she's jealous that he's moved on. That's not to say I think that's what's happening, but after the last fiasco I can't rule that out. I just dunno.

Regardless though, in the best case scenario he put himself in the position for her to make a false claim and further damage himself and the team. At worst he's a woman beater.

Either way, they had to cut him. Right now, he's incapable of making good decisions and is a liability.

Now before anyone calls me a homer or something on this, Reuben Foster is not and will not ever be a 49er again. I could just say "screw Reuben Foster, he's a woman beater" and move on. It just doesn't all add up for me tho. If it does turns out that its all BS again, then he'll be able to try again, this time with another team and if he gets his life together with that new team, just stab me. LOL. That'll be hard to watch. That was my fear with Aldon but he proved he was just way too screwed up.

Point being, I'd have more invested AS A FAN that he's a total creep. Just seems off to me though.

It takes 2 to tango, and if she just showed up at their hotel, no doubt he could have gotten help from the 49ers organization to deal with her if that were the case, and he didn't. That is all on him. Nothing fishy about it.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:01 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

What smells fishy?

Oh...

Have you entertained the thought maybe he really did smack her around the first time and she recanted the story because she realized her sugar daddy - cash cow was no longer if he was arrested for DV???? It’s very possible right?
    I’ve even seen that theory thrown around on your home forum.
    Like you, I wasn’t there, so I don’t know.

It’s apparent though that these are 2 Crazy people that CRAVE each other’s insane drama. They deserve each other.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:08 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

What smells fishy?

Oh...

It takes 2 to tango, and if she just showed up at their hotel, no doubt he could have gotten help from the 49ers organization to deal with her if that were the case, and he didn't. That is all on him. Nothing fishy about it.

Like all teams they have blocked off FLOORS with security so only players and team personnel are allowed on those floors.
    Foster was in HER room in another part of that hotel. If he just stays in his team appointed room this specific incident doesn’t happen. The old theory of what they say about crazy women is true, trust me... but that shouldn’t stop you from having a rational mindset when you know someone is trouble and can and will cost you your career.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:33 pm
  • He stuck his hand in the fire not once but a few times with her and got burned, so she comes to the Hotel, they have security, block her calls, get a restraining order, have her arrested if she violates it. But do not engage her and most of all do not be on her premises alone.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:51 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

What smells fishy?

Oh...

Have you entertained the thought maybe he really did smack her around the first time and she recanted the story because she realized her sugar daddy - cash cow was no longer if he was arrested for DV???? It’s very possible right?
    I’ve even seen that theory thrown around on your home forum.
    Like you, I wasn’t there, so I don’t know.

It’s apparent though that these are 2 Crazy people that CRAVE each other’s insane drama. They deserve each other.

Of course.

I don't think that's what happened, but I don't know anything for sure. All I'm looking at is the set of events presented and seeing what makes sense to me.

Its not outside the realm of possibility he beat her the first time and its not outside the realm of possibility she's made ALL of this up both times. Those are of course the extremes and anything in between in possible.

I'm just looking at the way all involved who know something have behaved and the testimony of those who saw her right after the first incident.

IMO, I don't think he his her. I really no longer have a horse in this race, but that's my opinion.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:55 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:I agree with most of your post, but your first sentence bugs me.

What smells fishy?

Oh...

Like all teams they have blocked off FLOORS with security so only players and team personnel are allowed on those floors.
    Foster was in HER room in another part of that hotel. If he just stays in his team appointed room this specific incident doesn’t happen. The old theory of what they say about crazy women is true, trust me... but that shouldn’t stop you from having a rational mindset when you know someone is trouble and can and will cost you your career.

...and that's my entire point. Its also the point Shanahan made rather eloquently yesterday with the media.

The team right now has no idea of his guilt or innocence. He wasn't released because he hit her. They don't know that he did.

He was released because they couldn't trust his decision making. He'd been warned and they'd attempted to help him as much as possible, but bad decisions have consequences.

Again, from football perspective it really sucks because the team is yet another big piece away now, but they couldn't just let him drag the team and his teammates down with immature decisions.

The below is a good watch..

https://www.49ers.com/video/kyle-shanah ... ben-foster
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:16 am
  • ...And if you don't want to watch, honestly I think the transcript of his presser yesterday is a really good read:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/1 ... situation/

Honestly, the 9ers suck, but that presser yesterday made me really proud to root for a team that has KS as its head coach.
    He does so many small things in this presser really well, and it's really a breath of fresh air after the dearth of quality leadership the 9ers have had since (if TO is to be believed) maybe George Seifert?

As for Foster, 100% agreed with Marvin on this one. There's stuff about this that just totally doesn't add up, but they still had to cut him. Shanahan, Lynch, and York were all entirely on the same page about that too.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:23 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:...And if you don't want to watch, honestly I think the transcript of his presser yesterday is a really good read:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/1 ... situation/

Honestly, the 9ers suck, but that presser yesterday made me really proud to root for a team that has KS as its head coach.
    He does so many small things in this presser really well, and it's really a breath of fresh air after the dearth of quality leadership the 9ers have had since (if TO is to be believed) maybe George Seifert?

As for Foster, 100% agreed with Marvin on this one. There's stuff about this that just totally doesn't add up, but they still had to cut him. Shanahan, Lynch, and York were all entirely on the same page about that too.

Ditto the bolded.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:05 pm
  • Guy gets cut for behaving stupidly and you two are busy with your Kyle Shanahan Admiration Society after a presser. No wonder the 49ers are 8-19 since they hired him.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information