How many games will 0-9ers win through their first nine?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
1. At Vikings LOSS
2. Lions LOSS
3. At Chiefs LOSS
4. At Chargers LOSS
5. Cardinals W
6. At Packers LOSS
7. Rams LOSS
8. At Cardinals LOSS
9. Raiders LOSS

Welp, at least they're improving! :p

adeltaY

Reaction score
That's actually a brutal stretch right there, barring injuries. Don't see why they would lose to the Raiders though.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
A 2-7 start would still be a cold slap in the face to Whiner fans. ;)

LargentFan

Reaction score
I'll play. 5-4
I think they beat the Lions, Chiefs, Chargers and Cards(both times).
I sincerely hope I'm overestimating them.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Raiders should be better this year, not sure how much better.

Derek Carr will be a year removed from his injury. He’ll have some weapons now in Amari Cooper, Jordy Nelson, and Martavis Bryant. This is Marshawn’s swan song and goodbye to Oakland fans. Gruden has been a pretty good offensive coach at times.

Defense could be better but not so sure. Their front seven has talent.

They have enough to beat the Whiners, especially if they are facing a broken team in Santa Clara that already has a ton of expectation-crushing losses.

original poster

Reaction score
I hope they go 0-10 through the first 9.

The league decides to fine them a loss for not living up to their wild expectations.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
LargentFan":3ddpi5xr said:
I'll play. 5-4

The Chargers are gonna be really good. I wouldn't predict that they'd beat the Chargers in any venue, let alone on the road (not like the Chargers really have a HOF, but still).

adeltaY

Reaction score
Popeyejones":guiok54p said:
LargentFan":guiok54p said:
I'll play. 5-4

The Chargers are gonna be really good. I wouldn't predict that they'd beat the Chargers in any venue, let alone on the road (not like the Chargers really have a HOF, but still).

Was gonna say the same when I saw that comment. Unless they find a way to Charger it up and lose games they absolutely should win. The team is absolutely stacked. Best DE pair in football, two top five CBs if Verrett is healthy, great QB, great WRs, good RB. OL much better with our boy Okung too.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
The 49ers are such a tough team to predict because there are so many unknowns with them. Is Jimmy G good? Are his WR's going to step up? How's Mckinnon going to look in Shanny's offense? Is Sherm going to be the same guy he was in Seattle?

They have a lot of potential, but at the same time a lot could go wrong.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Trrrroy":huj4h6y3 said:
The 49ers are such a tough team to predict because there are so many unknowns with them. Is Jimmy G good? Are his WR's going to step up? How's Mckinnon going to look in Shanny's offense? Is Sherm going to be the same guy he was in Seattle?

They have a lot of potential, but at the same time a lot could go wrong.

Ruptured Achilles don't usually heal well... 30% of athletes don't EVER return. The re-injury rate is fairly high as well. I'd say Sherm has a 50/50 shot of finishing the season. I hope he has a spectacular year and retires on a good note, regardless of where he plays.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
I think most of you are underestimating them based on non existent rivalry. Not sure how they'll do, but I'll wager they fair better than the Hawks this year.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Biscanebay12":1a67s7j9 said:
I think most of you are underestimating them based on non existent rivalry. Not sure how they'll do, but I'll wager they fair better than the Hawks this year.

I’m hedging because:

1) Foster is likely going to miss all or most of those first six games. Without him, they’ve got one of the worst if not the worst LB groups in the league.

2) 9ers fans think three of the four secondary spots are set, but the excitement about Spoon, Tartt, and Colbert is based on expectations from small sample sizes that often don’t pan out. If Sherman isn’t back yet or can’t come all the way back it’s gonna be a disaster at CB2

3) They’re really bad at both guard spots.

4) McKinnon is a questionmark with promise until he shows otherwise.

5) The WRs are good, not great. It’s a pretty average group.

6) Edge Rush is gonna be bad this year, and pressure off the edge is what can make interior rush really shine (where they’re stronger).

7) JGQ is obviously arrow up, but there’s still questions. There’s gotta be.

8) The first half of their schedule is pretty brutal. I could easily see them “coming back” to end up at 8-8. Personally that’s the right direction and I’d be happy with that.

NINEster

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1heisbrc said:
Biscanebay12":1heisbrc said:

I’m hedging because:

1) Foster is likely going to miss all or most of those first six games. Without him, they’ve got one of the worst if not the worst LB groups in the league.

2) 9ers fans think three of the four secondary spots are set, but the excitement about Spoon, Tartt, and Colbert is based on expectations from small sample sizes that often don’t pan out. If Sherman isn’t back yet or can’t come all the way back it’s gonna be a disaster at CB2

3) They’re really bad at both guard spots.

4) McKinnon is a questionmark with promise until he shows otherwise.

5) The WRs are good, not great. It’s a pretty average group.

6) Edge Rush is gonna be bad this year, and pressure off the edge is what can make interior rush really shine (where they’re stronger).

7) JGQ is obviously arrow up, but there’s still questions. There’s gotta be.

8) The first half of their schedule is pretty brutal. I could easily see them “coming back” to end up at 8-8. Personally that’s the right direction and I’d be happy with that.

Lack of edge rusher is seemingly a huge deal.

Imagine the Harbaugh era without Aldon Smith.

A great run stopping front 7 that team had but never a great secondary.

I think once SF figures out the elephant/LEO they'll be dangerous.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^

Yep. People are acting like they aren’t one year in on a three or four year rebuild.

I’m as enthused about the first year of that reuild as anyone (they appear to be ahead of schedule so far), by am not gonna confuse excitement about that with thinking they’re actually rebuilt already.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DickNasty":2r5iqd73 said:
Well.. at least we won't be 1-2's as in superbowls...
Nope, you are right, you’re 0-1 this century in Super Bowls. Welcome back livinginhawktown, looks like you have a “new personality”. Go a feeling your stay here will be a short one.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2qf715bu said:
DickNasty":2qf715bu said:
Nope, you are right, you’re 0-1 this century in Super Bowls. Welcome back livinginhawktown, looks like you have a “new personality”. Go a feeling your stay here will be a short one.

Hahaha we're really going back to arguing over SB record? Love it

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
adeltaY":22vauh81 said:
Sports Hernia":22vauh81 said:
DickNasty":22vauh81 said:

Hahaha we're really going back to arguing over SB record? Love it
Sorry, Livinginhawktown brought it up, I replied, it’s the truth. 8)
My one weakness in life is I like to put rival team’s trolls in their place. I guess I’m a bit territorial that way. 8)

Latest posts