Antonio Gates

northseahawk

Reaction score
Reportedly not going to be resigned by charger!

Seahawks, please make this happen!!!

The leadership, experience, and play dependability that he would bring at the TE spot,will be amazing!

Crizilla

Reaction score
Wouldn't make much sense. This team wants and needs to get younger. Plus they already picked up a solid veteran TE from Carolina

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Living here in San Diego I would say I would not get too excited. Yes they moved to L.A. But I still watch them sometimes. Man Gates is really old, beat up badly, injury prone now and doesn't have much left in the tank. I think the tank is all the way to empty. He had a great career. Of course there is always a chance. If you just needed him for a playoff run and he could play a few games maybe he could help. But to last 16 full games and 3 - 4 playoff games at this point in his career I just don't think he can do it anymore. His legs and feet are really beat up. I believe he has some recurring foot problems. Maybe like plantar faciitis or something? I'm not honestly sure if it's that but something with his feet I can remember which makes it difficult for him to run and stay on the field and stay healthy. Among many, many other things. He's just so beat up from all the years of playing. His body is not the same anymore.

That doesn't change that he was really a great player. He had great route running and excellent hands and that really big wide body to box you out and would really fight for the ball in a crowd and high point it and come down with it. His hands were always his best thing. They were in the superior range. Not just great. Better than that.

But honestly I don't think there is much left there. For the last 5 years he has been injured a lot. Especially the last 3 - 4 he has a really hard time staying on the field for extended periods of time. I think that ship sailed.