Jonathan Stewart is visiting Seahawks

Gio

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/971784216659841025[/tweet]

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I'm not sure there's a real point. Stopgap, maybe; but imo a waste of a roster spot given what's given.

MARK2623

Reaction score
That's it! Lets do what we did last year and get an aging RB vet that can't stay healthy.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
He's from Lacey, WA so part of me would like to see him in the #2 role, but there are a few backs I'd like to draft so likely not.

original poster

Reaction score
I'd be OK with very low guarantees.

Remember, we're talking 90 man roster here, not 53.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Played against him in high school. Was a man amongst boys. My god.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Stewert has to work for another year before he can collect social security and join AARP.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JSeahawks":20909w3j said:
I think he’d be a good signing as a piece to the puzzle, not as “the man”.

You wouldn't say that if he went to Oregon State.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3luczncw said:
Stewart>Lacey
Stewart> Rawls
Stewart>CJ Prosise
$1M ($585K cap) Stewart = $1.79M Mike Davis

IF we are really in a cap crunch Stweart will be more than $1M less than Mike Davis. I could see that money being very valuabel and we know MD is never going to be a #1 RB.

https://landryfootball.com/understandin ... rule-free/
I had considered the very same thing and it's worth considering.

I'd still rather draft a back though.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I've always been a fan of Stewart being a local guy but zero chance I take him over Prosise or Davis I think, at the moment.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
If this happens, Schneider has gone full Ruskell.

ugh

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
Stewart could be good RB depth for you guys. The Lacey comparisons are off imo, as Lacey has never been very good. Stewart doesn't have as much wear and tear as your typical 30+ year old RB, as he was part of a committee with Deangelo Williams for all those years as well as injuries that kept him out. The Panthers run blocking was atrocious last year and could never get anything going, so it's not like Stewart just completely lost his effectiveness. His cap savings were just too good for the Panthers to pass up as they look to acquire a power back through the draft.

All that to say, it makes sense for Stewart to finish his career in Seattle as he is a local guy. He's a great locker room presence and he'll give you everything he has out on the field, when he's not banged up. You might be pleasantly surprised with how it turns out.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":1e4iqzqv said:
Stewart could be good RB depth for you guys. The Lacey comparisons are off imo, as Lacey has never been very good. Stewart doesn't have as much wear and tear as your typical 30+ year old RB, as he was part of a committee with Deangelo Williams for all those years as well as injuries that kept him out. The Panthers run blocking was atrocious last year and could never get anything going, so it's not like Stewart just completely lost his effectiveness. His cap savings were just too good for the Panthers to pass up as they look to acquire a power back through the draft.

All that to say, it makes sense for Stewart to finish his career in Seattle as he is a local guy. He's a great locker room presence and he'll give you everything he has out on the field, when he's not banged up. You might be pleasantly surprised with how it turns out.

Thanks for the insight. Much appreciated.