Sebastian Janikowski available

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He's old but can kick..
Feel like we have better odds with him than we ever did with Walsh.
Take a chance?

adeltaY

Reaction score
Not really, he's old as dirt and his leg is weak now. He was always inconsistent at midrange and his selling point was the crazy leg strength, which is dissipating. 3/8 beyond 50 last year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Interesting. Oh well, next. I don't give a rats about the Raiders so I clearly was guessing on that one :lol:

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'd definitely rather have consistency at under 50 than the ability to hit from 60. Give Wilson a yard marker to get to so we can kick a game winner and I have faith he can get us there way more often than not. Not knowing if that kick will go through after he gets there is extremely gut wrenching.

Walsh was money under 30 yards, but once he hit 40 he was a dead mess. We need someone that can nail the 40-49 yard field goals at a consistently high rate.

Honestly, I think if we look hard enough we should be able to bring in a few young kickers and find one we can polish up to be successful. I wouldn't even mind using a late round pick on a guy if we think he has the consistency we need.

What we don't need is an inconsistent free agent kicker who will have a higher salary due to vet minimums without the solid leg under 50 yards.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":w3emvaqp said:
Not really, he's old as dirt and his leg is weak now. He was always inconsistent at midrange and his selling point was the crazy leg strength, which is dissipating. 3/8 beyond 50 last year.
Hmm I thought he got hurt in training camp and did not play last season?
Legs ought to be fresh and strong by now if so,,

chris98251

Reaction score
He injured his back at the start of the season last year, he's a big boy and if his back is hurt he won't have the leg strength, pass.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I can't imagine the Colts letting him go IF he decides to play another year. He's too damn good to let go. Adam S. said that he did say he plans on coming back for another season. Would love to see him here, I just highly doubt the Colts would let him go.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Absolutely not.

2013 - 9 missed FG's
2014 - 3 missed FG's
2015 - 5 missed FG's
2016 - 6 missed FG's

His best skill was his leg. His kicking power has greatly diminished as he has aged, and understandably so.. but he's not the most accurate kicker. Can definitely get a better option in UDFA.