Superbowl Thread

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cruel

DUPuMNGVAAA-lJr.jpg

Who you guys got? I said in another thread I think this game plays out like the Jags/Patriots game...........good Eagle defense should keep this close, but in the end the stupid Patriots and Brady do what they always do, come back and win close games because they don't make mistakes.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think the Patriots take it, but I'll be rooting for the Eagles all the way. I just can't root for the Patriots.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":qon0hkyb said:
I think the Patriots take it, but I'll be rooting for the Eagles all the way. I just can't root for the Patriots.

I don't think anyone outside of Dallas and the greater NE area are rooting for the Patriots. Great team we get it, but enough already, go retire or move on like normal coaches and QB's!

DUHPixXX4AEcf8l.jpg

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Pats easily...it'll be close to keep people entertained than in the 3rd and rich quarter Brady/Refs take over...typical Pats sb game and the outcome will be the same. Go Eagles but they have zero chance. I will be skipping this game...first one since I started watching the NFL. I'm onto free agency and the draft.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cyrus12":uma94pah said:
Pats easily...it'll be close to keep people entertained than in the 3rd and rich quarter Brady/Refs take over...typical Pats sb game and the outcome will be the same. Go Eagles but they have zero chance. I will be skipping this game...first one since I started watching the NFL. I'm onto free agency and the draft.

Conspiracy theory, I like it.

League: "How do we need this one to go to maximize ratings?"
Refs: "Instead of keeping it close all the way til the end, we'll only keep it close until the 3rd quarter."
League: "Why not just keep it close til the end?"
Refs: "Too obvious."
League:
reece.jpg

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Well who's gonna keep watching if it's 28 nothing Brady at halftime...not even JT would be enough to keep most ppl watching

xkj1985x

Reaction score
Obviously I am the big Eagles homer so I’ll be that guy to come in and do it but I think the Eagles have a good shot. You go back to the two Super Bowls that the Patriots lost during the dynasty to the Giants.

What was the one thing they did and did very well (Giants)? They were able to pressure the QB with just four and were able to drop seven into coverage. The Eagles were the best team (and deepest) all season at pressuring the QB. Jacksonville did it for the first half last week but they got tired (partnered with constant 3 and outs from the offense that surely did not help). The Eagles have a better offense and more depth along the DL so they can do it for four quarters.

https://twitter.com/DannyBKelly/status/ ... 5719851008

Secondly, Bill Belichick is GREAT at scheming and doing one thing REALLY well....taking one thing away from the opposing offense. What does he do? Does he take away Zach Ertz? Alshon Jeffery? Nelson Agholor? One of the RBs?

He can and will scheme to eliminate ONE of them very well but I think the Eagles have a lot of firepower to combat that and Doug Pederson has proven to be a great gameplanner and play caller himself.

Of course, it will be an uphill battle. They are playing the GOAT QB and GOAT Head Coach. No doubts about it, I just think the Eagles matchup very well with the Patriots.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The Pats will play the odds and force Foles to beat them. Sooner or later, he will revert back to the backup QB that he is.
I think the Eagles D is legit and will have a chance if their O can keep the TOP fairly even.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I'd love to see the Eagles win, I honestly would. As Seahawks fans we know what it was like - to look at the Super Bowl as some sort of unattainable peak, reachable only by others. So I'll definitely be cheering them on.

An Eagles friend of mine has gone from distraught when Wentz got injured to overjoyed that they're in the big game.

But when you look at it objectively, this isn't Foles vs Brady.

This is a backup QB vs Belichick. I don't think it'll be very close.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
uncle fester":25z7mxkp said:

Blake Bortles just passed for shy of 300 yards and 2TDs IN Foxboro with an offensive coordinator worse than Darrell Bevell.

Bortles is a starter because he was drafted high. He’s not a good quarterback and he performed relatively well in a big game in a hostile setting.

Doug Pederson is quickly establishing himself as a great game planner/play caller. We will see what happens.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
Also, there is no real way to track it but I would be so curious to see how many people that say they aren’t going to watch the Super Bowl really truly don’t watch.

I imagine the number is incredibly low.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'll DVR it, turn off my phone, and watch it later in to the game. I fully expect the same crap as always. Philly has a 4th quarter lead, and Brady just takes over and they win yet another close one. :pukeface:

uncle fester

Reaction score
xkj1985x":3bqncfq7 said:
uncle fester":3bqncfq7 said:

Blake Bortles just passed for shy of 300 yards and 2TDs IN Foxboro with an offensive coordinator worse than Darrell Bevell.

Bortles is a starter because he was drafted high. He’s not a good quarterback and he performed relatively well in a big game in a hostile setting.

Doug Pederson is quickly establishing himself as a great game planner/play caller. We will see what happens.

It's a fair point and Bortles made a fair job of it, for the most part.

But Bortles had also had the whole season plus preseason/training camp as the starter to practice timing and nuances and go deep with the playbook. Foles has had since Week 14 to do the same. Prior to that he won't have had much (if any) time to practice with the starters, and has wins over the Giants and Raiders (both massive under performers this year) and a brief stint in a 6 - 0 loss to Dallas before the playoffs.

You could well be right, (I hope you are) but I don't see much outside of a game where the Vikings basically vanished to say that Foles will be enough to outsmart possibly the best coach (in terms of playing off another teams weaknesses) this league has ever seen.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
uncle fester":2vsy79gw said:
xkj1985x":2vsy79gw said:
uncle fester":2vsy79gw said:

It's a fair point and Bortles made a fair job of it, for the most part.

But Bortles had also had the whole season plus preseason/training camp as the starter to practice timing and nuances and go deep with the playbook. Foles has had since Week 14 to do the same. Prior to that he won't have had much (if any) time to practice with the starters, and has wins over the Giants and Raiders (both massive under performers this year) and a brief stint in a 6 - 0 loss to Dallas before the playoffs.

You could well be right, (I hope you are) but I don't see much outside of a game where the Vikings basically vanished to say that Foles will be enough to outsmart possibly the best coach (in terms of playing off another teams weaknesses) this league has ever seen.

Yeah. Like I said, I don't expect them to win but the way this team is playing (especially on defense) gives me hope. Foles probably won't play like he did this past weekend but I don't think he needs to. He just needs to be above average (not great like he was on Sunday) with this defense. An average to below average performance won't cut it.

One thing is for sure, the Eagles will continue to not be given much of a shot just like they were in their first two playoff games so hopefully that continues to act as a motivator for the team. Time will tell.

But just real quick on the Vikings vanishing, I'm not even sure they vanished as much as they were just simply beat by the better team. Harrison Smith was destroyed by Zach Ertz all night. There are plenty of videos out there that show the OL simply beating the front seven of the Vikings on many levels. It was just an impressive performance and I think the Vikings were outmatched against what you could make the argument for, are the best defensive line and best offensive line in the league.

This was just one example but this happened all night.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/955913957038051328[/tweet]

That Vikings defense is VERY good. New England's isn't bad but they aren't nearly as good as Minnesota was at every level. I think the Eagles can replicate what they did this past week in the trenches which should continue to help Foles HOPEFULLY play above his head for another week.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3cldc4wj said:
I’ll be skipping this one.

I don't understand this mentality.

The SB is a great party to hang out, drink, eat and laugh at the commercials............even if the game's a stinker. Only communists skip the SB!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Plus 1. I don't care who is playing in the Super Bowl, I will never miss it. However, this year I'll be throwing it on the DVR and catching up later, phone off etc.

chris98251

Reaction score
I was a fan of football before the Seahawks, you never know when there is going to be a moment that could be historical and in a big game like this seeing it live plus commercials is worth the afternoon.

Eagles winning would be worth watching just to see the look on Brady and Belicheks face, we got beat by Nick Foles........

adeltaY

Reaction score
Nathaniel Hackett is not worse than Bevell. His play designs were excellent in the first half and really exposed the slow Pats LBs. They then went away from that in the fourth in favor of running it up the gut. Idk if that was Marrone nudging him, but he at least showed some real creativity in that game.

Pats pass rush won't touch Foles so this should be a shootout unless Foles completely craps the bed.

replicant

Reaction score
Famous World Series Bettor Looking To Put At Least $10 Million On Eagles
January 24, 2018 at 1:35 pm

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Do you remember the let-it-ride World Series bettor who won $14 million?

Well, the anonymous gambler is planning on putting at least $10 million on the Eagles to beat the Patriots in Super Bowl 52, according to RJ Bell. It would be the biggest sports bet in Las Vegas history.

It appears the famous bettor will not take the 5.5 points and instead bet the Birds to win the game outright. The moneyline is Eagles +180.

According to Sports Illustrated, the bettor is reportedly under 30 and Eastern European.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/0 ... bowl-2018/