Pats getting help

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I watched that PI before TD. It was piss poor call. The ball wasway out of reach and both players rustling each other.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Some serious “steering” going on in favor of the Cheatriots. Anyone surprised??

TreeRon

Reaction score
One can't help but notice they did NOT show the replay of the delay of game either.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I only watched from toward the end of the 2nd till the end. I didn't see what I'd call any blatantly bad calls. Maybe missed non-calls that you can't on TV.

All 3 DPI calls on the Jags looked legit.

Seemed rather like a typical game. If the refs were steering, they did a better job hiding it than usual.

253hawk

Reaction score
1 penalty all day for 10 yards on a hold during a punt return, which is pretty much guaranteed anyway if there's not a block in the back.

2nd quarter DPI on the Jags was bogus, the WR wasn't even trying to break inside to the ball which was thrown far enough inside that it was uncatchable.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I knew a thread like this would come up. Game was called pretty fairly IMO. Jags got away with a pretty obvious late hit and low hit on Brady in the first half. No one made a thread for that though.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1c83rz29 said:
I knew a thread like this would come up. Game was called pretty fairly IMO. Jags got away with a pretty obvious late hit and low hit on Brady in the first half. No one made a thread for that though.
Poor Shady Brady, always the victim. :roll:

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
253hawk":1rmzh5nd said:
1 penalty all day for 10 yards on a hold during a punt return, which is pretty much guaranteed anyway if there's not a block in the back.

2nd quarter DPI on the Jags was bogus, the WR wasn't even trying to break inside to the ball which was thrown far enough inside that it was uncatchable.

Where Cooks was almost ridden out of bounds by Bouye and then grabbed by the head when he tried to adjust to the ball?

We may be seeing what we want to see here.

el capitan

Reaction score
This game hinged on two calls, the DPI on Bouye before the half that led to the Pats first TD and the fumble recovery by Jack being blown dead (would've been a sure TD). Both seemed like bogus calls to me.

Osprey

Reaction score
I lost count of how many Offensive holds I saw against the Jags rushers. Refs swallowed their whistles deeper than Romo did Brady's manhood. Dareus was straight up tackled on at least two downs of a Pat's scoring drive.

I don't care who makes it from the NFC, this SB will be the first one I'll skip watching in my adult life. I'm seriously contemplating giving up the NFL for good and I haven't missed a down of Hawks ball since 86' and would often watch three games in a day.

I don't know if it's Goodell or what, but this game has devolved into WWE level entertainment as is no longer sport.

Exittium

Reaction score
Osprey":32ai5z6d said:
I lost count of how many Offensive holds I saw against the Jags rushers. Refs swallowed their whistles deeper than Romo did Brady's manhood. Dareus was straight up tackled on at least two downs of a Pat's scoring drive.

I don't care who makes it from the NFC, this SB will be the first one I'll skip watching in my adult life. I'm seriously contemplating giving up the NFL for good and I haven't missed a down of Hawks ball since 86' and would often watch three games in a day.

I don't know if it's Goodell or what, but this game has devolved into WWE level entertainment as is no longer sport.

Yeah im starring down that road now too...... Nothing about Brady or the Patriots or even their Superbowl *Wins impress me. Half of those SB wins had been surrounded in controversy.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
Osprey":3gla0m20 said:

I stopped watching completely for a couple of weeks earlier this season. I slowly got back into it, but don't watch with the same level of interest anymore.

I didn't watch one second of either game today. Won't be watching SB XLII.

I've skipped 5 previous SBs:

XLIII: Couldn't stomach watching the Stealers - was still bitter about XL
XLV: See above
XLVI: Hate the Patriots
XLVII: Was living in 49er country at the time
XLI: See XLVI

Crizilla

Reaction score
Seahawk fans need to bite the bullet and just accept the reality. Pats are the best run organization in sports right now. All they do is win. No outside distractions. No politics. No drama. Enough said

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Crizilla":397f1r6o said:
Seahawk fans need to bite the bullet and just accept the reality. Pats are the best run organization in sports right now. All they do is win. No outside distractions. No politics. No drama. Enough said

I dont actually really hate Brady or Bill that much..I Hate..absolutely HATE and LOATHE NE fans, bunch of spoiled fans

Osprey

Reaction score
Crizilla":3hcrcz4c said:

Lots of truth in the above, but doesn't change the fact that the NFL as a League has chosen Entertainment over truly competitive Sport.

Nearly every game with a National audience has obvious shaping calls to keep the game tight (ie hold audience) or favor the attractive narrative (ie support the Sport Media throughout the week). I'm no football genius and didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn last night, but it's gotten to the point I can predict the drives that will be steered and most flags (or lack thereof) in advance.

Teams still play to the best of their ability, but I think even the players know the butcher's thumb is on the scale.

chris98251

Reaction score
Crizilla":2q1tecyb said:

All they have is controversy of one form or another, they use it to their advantage as a chip on their shoulder, throw in cut throat play style and pushing every rule boundary as well as great adjustments and coaching.

James in PA

Reaction score
I’ll be rooting for New England against Philly. Pats fans might be spoiled, but Philly fans are the absolute worst. Bad enough I’ll have to put up with their fans and that dumb “fly Eagles fly” song for the next couple weeks. I just hope Vegas is right about this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

potatohead

Reaction score
el capitan":ciw67epu said:
This game hinged on two calls, the DPI on Bouye before the half that led to the Pats first TD and the fumble recovery by Jack being blown dead (would've been a sure TD). Both seemed like bogus calls to me.

I truly think that blown dead fumble single handedly cost JAX the game. I have no idea why nobody is talking about it, probably not trying to taint the win for the boys club I guess.