Good win

WmHBonney

Reaction score
for the Rams. We will need to beat Philly to keep up.

El Caliente

Reaction score
As a Saints fan, tip of the cap to the Rams. They beat the Saints (though we were without our top 2 cornerbacks Lattimore and Crawley). I hope we have a rematch in the near future when they have Woods back, and we have our cornerbacks healthy.

It was a rough game to watch until the last qtr. when the Saints offense showed up.

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
McVay has done an excellent job leading this Rams team. I enjoyed the game.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
El Caliente":1uz76ayx said:
As a Saints fan, tip of the cap to the Rams. They beat the Saints (though we were without our top 2 cornerbacks Lattimore and Crawley). I hope we have a rematch in the near future when they have Woods back, and we have our cornerbacks healthy.

It was a rough game to watch until the last qtr. when the Saints offense showed up.

So much to take away from this game. I have to admit, I was very surprised by the Saints defense. Obviously missing the CBs is rough (and ironically is almost exactly the situation we were in against the Vikings and a big reason we lost too).

But that defense....much, much better than I thought. Regardless of what happens the rest of the year, there should be a parade in Dennis Allen's honor.

Defensively for the Rams - was missing our slot CB, which is why that idiot Countess was in the game and made a hit that should have him banned from the NFL. Not only was it incredibly late/dirty/dangerous, but it would have been 3rd and 10 and the Saints offense was struggling. Stupid on so many levels.

And Kamara....wow. I'm just going to say it now: he's easily the most dangerous guy in the NFL with the ball in his hands. Easily. As a rookie. It's like someone put Darren Sproles abilities into a bigger football player with a higher football IQ, better vision and stronger.

El Caliente

Reaction score
Ramfan128":199fmnik said:
El Caliente":199fmnik said:

So much to take away from this game. I have to admit, I was very surprised by the Saints defense. Obviously missing the CBs is rough (and ironically is almost exactly the situation we were in against the Vikings and a big reason we lost too).

But that defense....much, much better than I thought. Regardless of what happens the rest of the year, there should be a parade in Dennis Allen's honor.

Defensively for the Rams - was missing our slot CB, which is why that idiot Countess was in the game and made a hit that should have him banned from the NFL. Not only was it incredibly late/dirty/dangerous, but it would have been 3rd and 10 and the Saints offense was struggling. Stupid on so many levels.

And Kamara....wow. I'm just going to say it now: he's easily the most dangerous guy in the NFL with the ball in his hands. Easily. As a rookie. It's like someone put Darren Sproles abilities into a bigger football player with a higher football IQ, better vision and stronger.

The Rams really earned my respect as well. I see you guys as being a threat for a long time with all your young pieces.

Sure I would like to face the Vikes or the Eagles, but that game was so good towards the end that we need the rematch.

Rambitious

Reaction score
El Caliente":nkc71bbs said:

I look forward to it too.
Hopefully we have all our DBs back then too.

RedAlice

Reaction score
El Caliente":nrwkkdfd said:

Have to ask - you mean the last Q? When Rams D went into prevent and you scored a garbage drive?

As a Rams fan, huge respect to the Saints. Love the city, love the fans, love love going to games there.

But come on! Last year Payton shoved his manhood up Greg Williams nether parts and never took his foot off the break outa revenge.

This year. I do believe that in a pre game interview when asked, Your Payton said the only thing the two coaches have in common is the way they spell their first name. Plus some BS college thing. He made fun of McVay. When my Rams MCVay was asked, he said he shouldn't even be mentioned with him as he's done nothing yet.

Baby Sean out coached Daddy Sean.

Our players membered last year. Your offense tried to show up the first 3 quarters. Rams did not let them.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Brees looked really off in that game. He kept missing open receivers and was throwing the ball up for grabs. I think the Rams dropped four or five would-be INTs. Uncharacteristic game for Brees.

El Caliente

Reaction score
RedAlice":76nip9wu said:
El Caliente":76nip9wu said:

Have to ask - you mean the last Q? When Rams D went into prevent and you scored a garbage drive?

As a Rams fan, huge respect to the Saints. Love the city, love the fans, love love going to games there.

But come on! Last year Payton shoved his manhood up Greg Williams nether parts and never took his foot off the break outa revenge.

This year. I do believe that in a pre game interview when asked, Your Payton said the only thing the two coaches have in common is the way they spell their first name. Plus some BS college thing. He made fun of McVay. When my Rams MCVay was asked, he said he shouldn't even be mentioned with him as he's done nothing yet.

Baby Sean out coached Daddy Sean.

Our players membered last year. Your offense tried to show up the first 3 quarters. Rams did not let them.

Last years game was Payton vs Greg Williams, not Saints vs Rams. That was Sean coming down on the guy who was a prop for the NFL, who had him suspended for the season. I wouldn't read any more into that other than one man wanting to make sure that another man never got another coaching job in the NFL.

I googled "Sean Payton on Sean McVay" and "Sean Payton comments on Sean McVay" and nothing came up other than a bunch of articles about Sean McVay not wanting to be compared to Sean Payton. I think whoever told you that story is blowing smoke up your back side. That isn't Payton's style anyway. He knows a lot of the people on the Rams staff, so he certainly wouldn't be poopooing McVay.

The game was good throughout, we really got stupid with our time out use. It was like Sean Payton took a page from Les Miles playbook, and forgot about clock awareness as we were going into the half.

I think we both look forward to the rematch.

hawknation2017":76nip9wu said:
Brees looked really off in that game. He kept missing open receivers and was throwing the ball up for grabs. I think the Rams dropped four or five would-be INTs. Uncharacteristic game for Brees.
Yeah, I wonder if he is hurt. There were like 3 passes in a row during the 4th qtr. where Brees was nearly picked off. He also threw a couple of dead ducks. I wonder why they didn't run the ball more against the rams. There was hardly any desire to get the run game working, and for as impactful as he was, Alvin Kamara only had 11 touches. He was avg. 17 yards a touch, and he was only given the ball 11 times. WTH?