I Just Can't Shake the Feeling

Optimus25

Reaction score
That Cutler is going to Santa Clara.

And I'm ok with that.

Nothing about Shanahan's system speaks to me that Kap is the guy. Or even the backup to the guy. I think they know they're in a 3 year build, so Romo would be worthless. Cutler gives them a strong arm who has injury problems but certainly has 3-4 years left. Can I place a wager anywhere on this? Any crazy prop bets like this out there?

IrishNW

Reaction score
yeah im ok with that too, Cutler does not scare me at all.

Now if Shanahan somehow gets Kirk Cousins.... that could make this division really interesting

chris98251

Reaction score
Schaub, Glennon, Taylor, Cousins , Veal Cutler would be the worst of those choices.

knownone

Reaction score
Kirk Cousins would get destroyed in the NFL West. He benefits from playing in an offense-centric division, just look at his games against top 10 defenses... then consider that 3 of the 4 teams in the NFC West have top 10 defenses.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
knownone":16dgqauy said:
Kirk Cousins would get destroyed in the NFL West. He benefits from playing in an offense-centric division, just look at his games against top 10 defenses... then consider that 3 of the 4 teams in the NFC West have top 10 defenses.

Bingo....Cousins is overrated. He's good but not great. Like Matt Schaub, Alex Smith, Fitzpatrick type of good. The 49ers don't have the receivers the Redskins have. Cousins wouldn't be posting the numbers he is with the 49ers. At least not the first year unless the 49ers upgrade the receiving corps.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1jo3itjd said:
If they were smart they would target Garoppolo.....

I agree with this. (I want the Rams to draft him the year the Pats took him).

Regardless tho, the NFC is already more interesting and the off-season has just begun.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Largent80":2hfciuq0 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2hfciuq0 said:

Yeah, let's fill up the NE draft account.

It doesn't seem to matter either way, Bellichick seems to be a personnel guru.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":37z03q1h said:

I'm not sold on Garoppolo. He only has 2 starts under his belt and got hurt in the second one. At least Matt Cassel played a full season before everyone jumped on that band wagon.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
If they were smart they'd draft Deshaun Watson.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Skins aren't letting Cousins go anywhere, but I could see the Niners going after Cutler or Romo.

They have the picks and cap space, although I think Denver's also going to make a play for Romo, no way Elway's going to sit tight on his terrible QB situation.

classicaaron

Reaction score
niners are drafting Watson, no doubt about it. so if Cutler would go there I expect Watson to start week 7 after they start 0-6.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
classicaaron":31vyv9zv said:
niners are drafting Watson, no doubt about it. so if Cutler would go there I expect Watson to start week 7 after they start 0-6.

Do you think Watson makes it past Cleveland?

Seems like a good fit to bring him in and play behind RG3 for a year, or challenge for a starting job.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2i10gdih said:
classicaaron":2i10gdih said:

Do you think Watson makes it past Cleveland?

Seems like a good fit to bring him in and play behind RG3 for a year, or challenge for a starting job.

Do you really want RGIII to mentor a rookie?

Marvin49

Reaction score
So....

1) I doubt it'll be Cutler unless its cheap.

2) I think Schaub is very likely as a backup or placeholder...a guy who knows system backwards and forwards and can help a younger player.

3) Really doubt it'll be Cousins. I don't think Wash will let him get away and they know a team like SF would be looming if they don't make a move.

4) Garoppolo would seem to make the most sense and I like the guy a lot, but not sure on compensation and there will be several teams in that bidding war.

5) Not sure what happens with Kap, but he'll opt out or get cut no matter what. Whether he resigns or not remains to be seen. My guess is he's done in SF but who knows how it all shakes out.

6) I'd be surprised if Watson is the guy. I like him but he may remind Shanahan too much of Robert Griffin (and he wasn't a fan of the Griffin pick from the start). What little I know about Shanahans taste in QBs would tell me Trubisky is more his style of player.

7) If CLE jumps on Watson I'll be doing backflips because Myles Garrett will fall to SF.

He didn't want to draft RG3 and he left Cleveland over Manziel. He also REALLY liked Carr and Garoppolo in Manziels year so if someone put a gun to my head I'd bet the go all-in for Garoppolo.

Garoppolo - Schaub - Rookie

chris98251

Reaction score
I still think it will be Glennon, he looks like Matt a lot and has a lot of the same intangibles I think.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":1eehdfeg said:
I still think it will be Glennon, he looks like Matt a lot and has a lot of the same intangibles I think.

Certainly possible, but I don't think so.

Should be interesting. Very good chance the QB position gets complete overhaul and nobody from last year is back.