You be the GM

rlkats

Reaction score
So here it is. Your Lynch in SF. Do you go get Cousins from Washington as QB or get a stop gap QB like Cuttler, Kap (as I vomit)?

I think if you believe Cousins is the guy go get him, but with all the holes in SF throwing the money and draft picks needed to get him, while needing so many other pieces might be way to much. I think they will draft someone in the third round and just deal with the growing pains. What do ya think.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cousins would be your best option IMHO, and I'm not totally sold on him.
Might go that route and draft a guy.

Cutler is a dumpster fire, and the Kraepper is still the Kraepper.

chris98251

Reaction score
Romo, Scot will ask a Kings Ransom.

Jerry wants to move his cap number, probably get him for a lot less, draft a QB to mentor.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Sign Tyrod Taylor if/when he becomes a free agent. Less money that Cousins, keep the picks, and spend the extra money on some weapons.

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
chris98251":vc8f2iz5 said:

Jerry wants to move his cap number, probably get him for a lot less, draft a QB to mentor.

I agree with Romo but Ithink he wants a contender.

Josea16

Reaction score
chris98251":1x6imyju said:

Romo would go to Buffalo, Denver or Houston if they come calling before San Francisco. San Francisco would be better served by getting weapons to throw to and upgrading their defense like the Seahawks did starting in 2010. There isn't a quick fix for that team.

I would get a placeholder quarterback to compete with Keapernick and get someone to throw to, draft a running back and rebuild the defense by hook or crook then draft a quarterback next year when the choices might actually be good and play at NFL level. The quarterback class this year is bad don't waste a pick there.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
For me, in the draft - it would be a choice between Myles Garrett or Jonathan Allen. DL all the way. The 49ers haven't found a replacement for Smith's on defense (Justin and Aldon). Either of those guys would be a great addition and improve the front of the defense. This will also help protect Bowman too.

Cousins is a good QB but not a great one. He has a solid team of receivers around him in Washington - Garcon, Jackson, Reed, etc. He's not going to have that in SF (at least not the way it stands currently) so I would see him struggle if he gets traded to 49ers. Redskins will want the bank for him too. Not worth it.

This is a good draft for secondary players. I would focus on building up the 49ers defense - younger and better. They could get Allen/Garrett and also then get a nice CB or S with their second pick. They need to find some OL as well. Maybe a backup rb to help spell Carlos Hyde.

As the GM, I'd focus on the draft rather than FA. They probably could find a QB in the 3rd round that ends up more productive than the projected top QBs in this draft.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I would keep Kraepernick, and just focus on building up the talent on the team. Hyde is excellent, but they need receivers badly. If the OLine can open holes for Hyde and you have better receivers, I think the offense can be good enough. I'd focus on creating a monster defense.

I'm not enamoured with any of the available QB's right now. And, frankly, I believe that if you build up the team in general, you can get by with a mediocre QB (like Baltimore with Trent Dilfer).

Meanwhile I'd scout for some QB's in the draft that you might get with some late round draft choices. Someone like Davis Webb might be a good fit, but I wouldn't spend a 1st rounder on him. If he falls to the 2nd or 3rd round I'd probably snag him.

Latest posts